Reviews for Schnitzel and I
heyitsstupidme chapter 21 . 8/19/2012
Ok, I understand that Aleksi is scared because they live in a homophobic town.
But that was the most stupid thing he could have done. Not fair to Kaspar or Cecilia. I'm really curious what will happen next :)

(By the way, I'm free on Tuesday too, so if we can add a chocolate cake to the coconut-flavoured one, because I don't like coconut that much, I would like to marry you :D)
IndiLovely chapter 21 . 8/19/2012
Ugh. This chapter was stressful to read (but don't take that the wrong way, I loved the chapter, they just keep getting better and better). Wait til Kaspy hears about this dammit. xD Because since Aleksi is dating him, doesn't that count as cheating? But poor Cici, I get her position and all but she's just like a bothersome little fly in Aleksi's life. Please please update soon, I can't wait to see Kaspy's reaction. :D
An unhappy anon chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Not all germans are nazis, you racist, ignorant douche. I'm surprised no one has given you shit on this yet.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
After a minute or so of waiting to see if the trembling Nazi is going to say anything else,

When I turn around and bump into Schnitzel, he looks up at me with his blue Nazi eyes,

There two sentences kind of bother me because you're calling this innocent kid a nazi. That's kind of slightly super fucking offensive, so you might not want to make a habit out of it. Just some advice.
S.H. Marr chapter 21 . 8/18/2012
I am not happy about this development. I hope Kaspar does kill both of them. Plus, like, they're already kissing? Really?

Stupid Aleksi. Stupid Amanda.

Anyway, I noticed an inconsistency in this chapter: earlier, Alexksi was complaining about how dark his hair had gotten because he wanted to be blond. Now he doesn't? What's with that?

I'm irritated now, I'm afraid, and will be of no use in analyzing the writing at the moment.
mgmtlover18 chapter 21 . 8/18/2012
Im mad at this chapter :l I dont get why he would do that.
plumblossom chapter 20 . 8/18/2012
Hinestly, I'm puzzled by this scene - it doesn't advance the story in any way that I can see: so I guess the relevance will come later?
ohsocyanide chapter 8 . 8/17/2012
Most of the time, I really enjoy Aleksi's tone throughout the chapters, but I find that there are some passages that come off too strongly — mind you, strongly isn't quite the phrase I'm searching for — and this is a passage I wanted to point out. [Manly things interest me. Like cars. And football. And sheep. Because sheep are pretty goddamned manly, what with their tough-ass fluffiness and ferocious bleating.] I do see that it's intended as humorous, which it is, but as a reader, the sentence is off-putting. Noticing a sheep's fluffiness and bleating, plus calling it 'tough-ass' and 'ferocious,' contradicts his desire to be manly. Naturally, this could very well be what you were aiming for. If so, just ignore my rambling or whatever. Hee. :)

Also, I noticed that Aleksi said he wasn't allowed to have pets but then you mention Jazzer?

Kaspar is really fucking adorable. I always absolutely adore the love interest in any story, mainly because I really get into the protagonist. I just. I don't even really have adequate words to describe just what I want to say about Kaspar. Nothing really suffices! Guh.

ohsocyanide chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
And here comes Daddy-O, rushing to the table as protector and Twenty-Questions extraordinaire. Is it too much for me to say that this felt something like awkward Thanksgiving dinner conversation? I think it's actually just the turkey and cranberry sauce combo, to be honest, though my family also has turkey for Christmas and Father's Day.

Kaspar has what comes off as a very strange family dynamic with his father. I feel like there should be more background somewhere in the future, or even edited into here. He's defiant and challenging towards his father. Had he kept in contact with his father before coming to America? Did he have much of a relationship with him? The dynamic feels weird because I don't know a lot about them; therefore, Kaspar's defiance is strange in a way. Considering his father's seemingly "trying on the parents pants without knowing they're a size too small" attitude makes it weird. I guess it could probably be just the general awkwardness of having to live with each other after, like, seventeen years of not really living together or whatever. Yes. That makes sense.

That being said, I think you do a pretty good job of setting up an idea of the family Kaspar has. There's a little bit of background info sprinkled in there and we see a lot of Kaspar's personality, which is very enjoyable.

ohsocyanide chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
There's a very adorable quality to Kaspar's dad that I like. Maybe not so much as adorable as it is... Likable, really. He's laid-back in a way, simply because he welcomes Kaspar's lifestyle (as in, being gay) but he can still try to set boundaries. It's sweet, though it almost sounds like someone trying to be a parent to a kid they helped create but never actually disciplined.

This is all explained in the next chapter, of course, which I have read, and I'm telling you that just to let you know just what I'm thinking as I'm reading.

Kaspar's overly sexual seduction of Aleksi is, at some points, very weird for me. He's gorgeous and adorable and he can hardly speak English, yeah, but what he's doing is borderline sexual harassment. I KNOW WHAT YOU'LL TELL ME. "That's Kaspar's character, and Aleksi wanted it, he just didn't want to get caught," or whatever. I knowww that Kaspar is overly sexual and amazing and everything a girl/boy could want. I just wish he'd continue to be amazing without have to shove his hands down my theoretical jeans on the first date.

ohsocyanide chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
I'm probably just being insanely weird about them kissing RIGHT AFTER Kaspy bloodies Aleksi's nose, but it just seems so weird to me. Like, I dunno. I mean... It'd be a little bloody. It'd smell like copper, maybe? I just feel like some pain would be involved with making out immediately after getting your nose smashed, but I don't actually know because it's never happened to me.

Fuck. None of my reviews are especially coherent right now, and I'm sort of rambling, but I have a very scattered thought process while reading.

AND OH MY GOD, SEXUAL TENSION. I love the way it works up to it, and I do really like the ending. But, coherent? I dunno? Maybe the pacing's off, but Kaspy has a way of oversexualizing my brain and killing any clear train of though I may have. Don't take anything I say right now too seriously.

heyitsstupidme chapter 20 . 8/17/2012
I think it's good that there are a few more characters. I would like to read more about them, but I hope there won't be too much other new characters the next chapters, because I'm not good at remembering names :)
I almost forgot about Amanda, but it's good to hear from her again.

Oh, and thank you! It's good to know that I can say intelligent things :)
I'll definetely continue reading and keep an eye out for the next chapters.
goudacheese chapter 20 . 8/17/2012
WAIT THIS IS REALLY GOOD AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE MY NEW FAVORITE THING. It's late and I'm the worst at reviewing but I just wanted to tell you how much I love this and why don't you have all the reviews in the world because you deserve EVERYTHING? Um, I adore Aleksi, like, a lot. Like, I want him to be my best friend. Can that happen? Of course Kaspar is adorable too. Can I just be best friends with all of them? Can I just be best friends with you?

See, this is literally useless. Not even a review. Just me telling you how much I love this and I'm putting it on alert now and it's the best. Maybe I'll give you a more coherent review, like ... when I wake up. or get online next. Mostly for right now I just love this.
IndiLovely chapter 20 . 8/16/2012
Nice chapter, I miss Kaspy even after one chapter of his absence though :( curse you and your ability to make me and undoubtedly other readers so attached to your characters. Also, I don't know why, but I laughed for a solid minute at the image my mind conjured up at 'shoveling popcorn down her gullet like a famished wolf'. Hilarious. xD Keep going, I love it!
PenguinHearts chapter 20 . 8/16/2012
Okay, I could've sworn that your author's note was a part of the story... I don't know. Aleksi is just plain weird.

Anyways! Great chappie! Keep writing! :DDDDD