Reviews for The Last Sunrise
MeanDemonAkuma chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Jiroux is a sadist best friend. Ah, sadists! )
I do like it, but it's missing a plot (even though I'm pretty sure you didn't want to put any plot in the story). You know, like there's not eneough salt in food. Just add a sprinkle, some kind of a point. This gives a feeling like it's a part of a much bigger thing you might or might not have in mind.

I really like the characters. Especially Jiroux xD
I still don't get it what's with an earring, though.
Solomon Sia chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Hi! I really enjoyed this chapter, thanks for bringing it to life!

I loved the smooth, poetic aspects, reading this went down so easily, like a perfect *insert choice of drink*. It slipped under my skin.

There were many nice lines throughout, but they were like little jewels set in the general expanse of gold that was your story. I like 'lazy lizard', because I too think that lizards are lazy, the really big red iguanas at least. Also the image of the castle as a queen looking down on a beggar, very well turned.

I really felt for Jiroux's friend, and the strange, carefree way in which the God went off to meet his death. It's a bittersweet and poignant feeling, brought out by the way you wrote the story, and also by the scenery you chose to paint, the way you focused on the events from a distance.

I'm very happy to have the chance to read this. I feel inspired. You've reminded me of the power of slow, poetic writing, and it's something I haven't felt for a long time.
Viola Chambers chapter 6 . 7/25/2012
Wow! This is a very compelling story! I was so drawn to it:) I love it! (-)
Arrow911 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Other than the few spelling errors i found this one really interesting with the personality of the characters and is interesting from all the unknown of Jiroux's family. I say like 8.5 out of 10 (Not a nine cause i love action, but it's great at everything else)
roxyideman chapter 5 . 1/1/2012
WOW I'm speechless O.O I cannot understand HOW you manage to create such beautiful sceneries. You literally make the words come into life! And the grandpa raven is there! *Roxy pats its head crazily*

My beloved heroes *.* I could totally feel their fear. I seriously had goosebumps while reading your description. If I was walking there, I would have pissed my pants. Whispers? And fluffy things touching your back? O-O NO please, no...

Then the guys reach Esperth and I'm like "Omg I wanna live there!" cause it sounds such a beautiful and enchantng place but the monster comes out and dares to bite Is.

Please I hope Nightingale kicks its little chicken a s s!

But God the thing looks terrifying :S

I wish you hadn't stopped there. Now, you threw a nice cliffhanger right at ma face! UPDATE!
cocodog chapter 4 . 10/31/2011
What an astonishing chapter! You never cease to amaze me with your writings! The language is vivid and rich, and the story is deep. Your characterization is absolutely fabulous!

I love The Last Sunrise, and will continue to read this! Please update soon!

-Cocodog XD
roxyideman chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
You always manage to amaze me with your chpaters! I admire you for being able to create such a magical world so smoothly and vividly *.* Nightingale is so sweet . (compared to that crazy-ass Isabelle :D She's tough! I like her!) And there's the raven-grandpa! I hope the raven sticks with Is and Nightingale; it's kinda cute in an odd way! I'm so glad you updated! Your story is so beautiful, like a fairytale 0
roxyideman chapter 2 . 7/23/2011
Nightingale and Butterfly! And wow what a beuatiful world you have created! There's no need for me to say that your writing is a-m-a-i-z-i-n-g. I have already told you that D
Qazsedcft chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Is this from something larger? Because I would love to see more of the story, some backstory maybe.

It's like seeing a huge, rich world through a little window, you still appreciate it but you really wish it were bigger, y'know?

Love it.
Itzmi chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Oh, how touching! It was a trully heart-warming story! Although I didn't understand most of it (I'll re-read it again to understand the plot better), and spotted grammatical errors, I certainly enjoyed reading this wonderful story

It would be nice to have a long version of this...*nudge, nudge*
The Crazy Cat Lady chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I agree with the below reviewer about the quotation marks and some of the grammatical errors.

I wonder why Jiroux's sister killed him. Is there a reason?

Otherwise, I really like the relaxing tone in the beginning of the story. It was really nice to read, and I like your use of description. It's very fluid like a poem.
ShortcakeMattie chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
The main thing that stuck out to me in your story was your quotation marks. At the beginning of your dialogue, the quotation marks are at the bottom left corner when they should be “like this.”

I said nothing, and Jiroux laughed, his voice somewhere between a bird chirp and hoarse.

Edit: “hoarse” should be “horse”

Oh, such a sour face you've got there, my friend. Cheer up! Rejoyce, for your brain is working better than I would ever care to admit…”

Edit: “Rejoyce” should be “Rejoice”

I like your word choice, simple and clean. From reading the chapter, we read about the setting and Jiroux… but not about who the main speaker is. I want to know about this person. Never mind… I was being impatient. XD

The part where Jiroux and his friend were saying good-bye was bittersweet and calming, then his sister arrived and stabbed him in the chest. I thought that was a little sudden and caught me off guard. It felt out place compared to the calming effect before it.

I liked the relationship between the two friends, it was very easy to see. I look forward to reading more of your stories!