Reviews for Put Out the Light
Vlurry19 chapter 8 . 5/14/2013
Great to read.

Thanks for writing and posting.
R. Ficst chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
Much enjoyed : )

The first bit with the identical dream had me wondering if there was going to be some sort of slight or not-so-slight supernatural element. Guess not.

Much of this reads like it would make a great TV series. I'd love to watch it on screen. Have you tried any screenwriting?

Thanks so much for posting!
Lady Dan chapter 8 . 4/22/2013
This story is brilliant, and after finishing it, I'm thinking you're quite brilliant. :)
Evil And Proud chapter 6 . 3/3/2013
I am almost crying and that is a rare feat. The cheating scene (which I suspect was staged) has a bittersweet, horrible taste in my mouth. I feel so bad for Peter.

I want to smack Leight in the head for doing this though I know where his desire to drive Peter away to protect him is coming from.
Untamed Goddess chapter 8 . 1/31/2013
I love your story. I found it from a drop of romeo, and I'm so glad I did. It's a very good slash story, unconventional, and all of the murder cases were smartly dealt with. I like how Leight is so brilliant, and how much he loves Peter. I love the way you write, its subtle and engaging. Thanks for the awesome story :)
rosieroo chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that your story has been added to our site, under the category of Slash! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: This story, to me, read almost like a great crime TV show. It focuses on the infamous private investigator Malcolm Leight and his assistant, Dr Peter Grayson, who is suffering from a serious case of unrequited love at the beginning I did get a bit of a Sherlock feel from it, but that was just because of Leight's amazing deductive abilities. The author, however, crafts a completely different character for Leight, so the two aren't that similar. Each chapter, roughly, focuses on a different case that Leight and Peter are working on, with their relationship developing in the background. Despite the cases taking place, both characters' personalities and histories are still explored in depth.

This was supposed to be a one-shot, but I am so glad that Catherine Julia Jefferson continued to make it eight chapters long. Each case is individual and well-thought out, with just the right amount of time spent focused on it. Catherine Julia Jefferson's writing is fluent, with the third person narration displaying Peter's personality perfectly. She has a nice balance between description and dialogue and I like how, despite the angst-y tone, there aren't any long soliloquies on Peter's feelings that can come across as unnecessary whining. I really liked how the author linked the cases to Leight and Peter's relationship, showing how well-structured it is. Everything about the story was realistic for me, except for maybe why Peter goes to the Fury in chapter seven. Apart from that, I really enjoyed this story and it will definitely stand out in my mind for a while, due to its originality.
vipera.422 chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
This was a great story and I hope you decide to write a sequel.
The plot was well thought out, the characters’ personalities complex and the romance really sweet. Leight acted like a real jerk at first and I felt sorry for Peter for having to put up with him, but once I got to know more about him, his behaviour started to make more sense. It was really awful of him to use Peter’s past against him to make him leave but I understand that he was just trying to protect his loved one so I was all for Peter forgiving him. Besides, he seemed to blame himself for hurting his lover even more than said lover blamed him so it was hard to stay mad at him. I particularly enjoyed the epilogue because even though the last chapter ended with Leight and Peter getting back together, it was clear their relationship couldn’t just return to the way it used to be and it would take some time before Peter could trust him again.
Peacock Slayer chapter 8 . 12/28/2012
Brilliant and perfect :)
A.Collins chapter 8 . 12/23/2012
"Someday, he'll probably develop cancer from too much exposure to Leight"

That line was brilliant.

This story was so lovely.
Whansbee chapter 8 . 12/13/2012
You sir/miss are pretty brilliant!
I wish there were some way to bump up your story, so people who may not be aware, could read it.

A lovely, intricate, interwoven tale. Growth of your characters, handled superbly.
Sweet, but not sickly sweet. Angsty, but not bitter like bile.
Relationship, cases/work.
If life is about equilibrium, you've struck it.

This should be published.
saywhattt chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I read this story whenever I'm disappointed with stories on fictionpress. It reminds me that there is hope for FP.

If you are combing the reviews before reading this story, just stop now and go read. K thankss.
semantics chapter 6 . 10/20/2012
The Saffron scene brought tears to my eyes and pulled on my heartstrings. I have a hunch the Leight did it so Peter would leave for his own safety, I shall read on now. Just want to tell you this was a very emotional chapter, with the death of the lieutenant... and the discovery of Eleanor (strong suspicion she is Leight's mother or sister). You pulled off this chapter flawlessly.
semantics chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
The details that you wove into the story were amazing- hard to believe you are not a biology or math major! :-)
semantics chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
That was so painful, and the emotions seemed so real. Peter's pain is unbearable, it is so understandable, and Leight's seemingly coldness makes me want to cry for Peter. You have a very amazing style; looking forward to reading more from you.
marshmallow7 chapter 2 . 9/17/2012
i absolutely adore this fic. this is my second time reading it!
159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »