Reviews for A Gift of Ghosts
Sara chapter 8 . 8/22/2011
yay new chapter! (lol, yeah i always say that but you love my enthusiasm!) anyway, love the POV change. i also thought the little background on Dillon was cute and it's cool to see Zane's perspective on Akira talking to ghosts. anyway, as far as the rating goes, um, i really don't mind M rating but if others aren't partial to it, well...see where the story goes and if it doesn't lead to an M rating, well, it doesn't. Btw, yeah, your M rated stuff may not be as..."detailed" as some other stories, but it's tastful and not...well, horrifically "makes me blush three shades past fire engine red" detailed. but anyway, lol, loving the story, glad you did the POV change up, looking forward to the next part!
jmill chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
I know Vincent is gay, but a Maggie/Vincent ship suddenly exists. She could make Cafe Diem even more awesome.
Amy OrionM42 chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
Ahh, a gift that requires physical touch to work best? Sexy. :)

I agree with a previous reviewer that it's nice to see Akira struggle with believing something, as she's usually on the other side of things. And I look forward to seeing how Zane is "best at providing proof".

And I love that cafe. I wish I could just go somewhere and someone would bring out exactly what I needed or wanted to eat. Lovely idea.
ZeroGain chapter 7 . 8/19/2011
Very good flow, certainly not what you said you were trying to avoid, though I think the end feels a little pinched. That could be me though too.

Your usual flair for deftly weaving in the science without bogging down the story is on excellent display, and I like having her experience the doubt and disbelief from the other side of the equation. I've always found things like that a personal blindside and especially humbling, though certainly more mundane than ghost vision or what have you.

The tertiary inclusion of the cook being psychic is great.

So you'll finish Chapter 8 tomorrow right? :P
Kat chapter 6 . 8/19/2011
I really dont like Patrick Dempsey so I'm going to try to think of someone else.

Can't wait for your next update!
jmill chapter 6 . 8/17/2011
I'm glad you were going for Patrick Dempsey. I can totally picture him. Niall Matter is many things (sexy), but interviewing candidates and running any business he is not.

While we're picturing kind of mousey singers, I was going to go one step beyond Marie Digby and have been imagining Dia Frampton. I'm sure she doesn't, but sometimes Dia Frampton looks like she sees ghosts.

I can see your older George Clooney. We haven't seen enough of Max yet, though, to tell. He seems a little kooky to me. Like I can imagine Zane and Nat trying to control their wacky father, older Robin Williams. Haha, as soon as you finish your story and sell it to a major film/tv company, call me up. I've got casting down. :)

But this review is for your story! Which I'm loving. This line was perfect: "And you're a younger brother, aren't you?"

Thanks!
Sionainn23 chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
Okay so i love ths story and how you have scientific stuff in it to because i love learning about it. So i don't think it sounded geeky. I'd like to read more about the science part but not too much because other readers may not like the science as much... who knows though, right.

The background of Akira confuses me because it seemed like she was abused but then the question was by who? Her dad had cancer and was weak, it seems her mom is dead.. so im stomped.. did she live with an uncle or someone who abused her OR did she abuse her self because she wanted to get rid of her Quirk. (dont rush into it but can you maybe make it a little clearer on what happened without giving everything away so soon.

I LOVE all their names haha i actually want to name my kid MAX, if i ever have kids. and i also like how Zane's personality is a cheerful and easy going unlike a lot of the guys in stories i read.

I really look forward to this story more and more with each chapter.

- Shay :D
Amy OrionM42 chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
Little bummed that Max only wanted her to be able to talk to his wife and grandson (though totally understandable)...but I'm glad there's still a reason to keep her around. I do wonder how she'll start fitting into the town and what she'll be doing at her job.

Thanks for such quick updates, btw. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this chapter up so quickly. I don't know how you do it.
Sara chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
new chapter! yay! i love how Akira gets all geeky in this, it's so adoreable and it just seems so...her! Poor Max...actually, poor Akira, having to put up with these two. I hope things get better for her soon...or at least more interesting between her and Zane lol. REALLY looking forward to the next chapter!
DonHanz chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
Say whaaaa? Max is a psychic? This town just gets weirder and weirder. Oh, and so far, I don't really like Max. I mean he just showed up in the story so obviously I don't really know much, but as far as first impressions go, he is a douche. He totally just tricked Akira into the job of being his personal medium, and assumed that she would be a-okay with it. Like I said, so far I don't like him.

Anyways, I enjoyed this chapter thoroughly and I wish that you would update rather soon. That would be absolutely lovely. Ta ta for now!

Sincerely,

DonHanz
Kat chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
Is it crazy that I want you to write fanfiction of your original fiction? Loving this. I hope you have a whole bunch of chapters already written!
Amy orionm42 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Ah ha! I figured it out...now I can leave a proper review! Love the story, can't wait for more, you already know this, lol. Also wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to meeting THE DAD... :) Not sure why, but I see Ed Quinn when I think of him... too much Eureka, I guess.
DonHanz chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
:o what's going to happen next? I wonder how Akira's meeting is going to go.

I really like the story so far. Especially the Lucas part, it made me laugh. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if everyone had their own personal Lucas. It would probably be interesting to say the least. Anyways, I hope you update soon.

Sincerely,

DonHanz
Sara chapter 5 . 8/12/2011
OMG cute chapter! i keep thinking that Akira is going to totally blow up at Zane really soon for casually going around telling her secret. although i wish the chapter were longer, i'm very happy to see a new posting. (i kept checking throughout the day for an update, lol) anyway, can't wait for the next chapter! i definitely think that this is my favorite story right now!
jmill chapter 4 . 8/12/2011
I keep waiting for you to post more delicious Jo/Zane fluff. In the meantime, I just started this and I'm really enjoying it. You write a great "conflicted female" lead character. :) Can't wait to read more.

Also, a much as I'm totally in love with Zane a la Eureka, I don't actually picture this Zane as Niall Matter. I like this Zane, but I have a totally different vision of him. You could have named him anything else. I don't know why, but I'm picturing a Patrick Dempsey kind of man. Is that why off base? Still, Zane's a great name, too.
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »