Reviews for Knotty Pine
summerbliss18 chapter 2 . 5/12/2011
I started reading this and Im already hooked, I love your writing style its so descriptive and clear. When are you posting up the next chapter?
Nic chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Hey lovely girl, I already left a long comment for this on Mibba, but since I know how blue you've been about evberything, I wanted to leave a review here too. And I'm correctly capitalising this one too! What is the world coming too? Anyway, I'm super excited for this. Your writing style is so descriptive, it's like you are using a paintbrush to show me the scene. Please post the next chapter soon since I know you already have it written :3
Drops of Jewpiter chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
love the title. i also really like the concept of this story, and your great writing is making it come alive
surrendertomusic chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I really like it so far! :D

Can't wait for more :)

Update soon!
Cenowar chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Interesting beginning. I'm sorry I don't have more to say at this time, but it's late here. I'll be looking forward to reading more, though :)

~Roxie H.
E.L. Gray chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I have to say, you are probably one of the more eloquent writers I've seen on this site. I love how smoothly your story reads so far, and I can't wait to see where you take it!

I think my only cc would be that it's rather abrupt the way Abby's father tells her she's leaving. He seems like a considerate and loving father thus far, so it feels a bit...out of character that he breaks the news to her in such a way.

Other than that, I really like it! :)
Exotic chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I think the beginning of this story is really effective because it introduces readers to Abbey's world without having to describe every detail of it. There's a blissfully ignorant, very rehearsed feeling to all of Abbey's actions, which points to a lifetime spent in high society.

That being said, I didn't get much character from Abbey aside from the 'prim and proper daughter of a rich man' kind of personality, but I'm sure she'll come out more as the story goes on.

I also felt the cliff hanger was a little forced, but I do love cliff hangers because, to me, they add intrigue to a story, so I'm glad there is one.

Overall, I think this is a story that could easily be very cliche, but I'm interested to see what you'll do with it. Keep writing. :)