Reviews for Find Me
Clarissa Rose chapter 57 . 6/22/2011
It's official. I don't need a boyfriend or husband or whatever. I have fallen in love with Juni! This story and the writing and the characters are all terrific! I Have done nothing but read this for the last two days and now I'm hooked so I do hope you put more out soon. I loved, love, loved it!
chewychester chapter 57 . 6/22/2011
What a cliff hanger ending! I've been dying to know Juni's secretive past, even if it is probably wrong from Henry, rumors usually have a grain of truth. Or maybe he'll lie to try and get her back? Oh you are eveil, EVIl. Now, don't you start any more heart tugging stories until you put this one to bed! I mean finished. :)
noriepie chapter 57 . 6/22/2011
Sweet. I the Henry for tryin to ruin things. There are hints of some bad things in Juni's past but he'll tell her eventually, but Henry just wants to interfere.
chewychester chapter 56 . 6/19/2011
Squee! I love fan girls. Yeah, glass breaks and dogs run for cover, but I love the image of Juni floating in a dream balloon with flowers. I hope writing this cheered you up as well
Candy-necklace31 chapter 56 . 6/18/2011
hey dont worry about what other people say... well except me cause i think this story is AMAZING! and that this story flows so easily its awesome (cue munchkin laugh) tehehe
Dreamer-MRAF chapter 56 . 6/18/2011
I read the first 30-or so chapters of your story in one go, and have been following avidly ever since. It caught my attention immediately, your style is different and new, and your characters seem realistic and (in Juni's case) utterly lovable.

I read some of your previous reviews... and I can sort of see where your critics are coming from, in Juni's case. But at the same time, you've done a great job of making him NOT perfect. He is flawed, and we see that, in how hard he works to control himself around her, and how he reacts to her in an all too human way.

And besides, the point of fiction is to take us to a place outside our world. And a world where a man like him exists is one I wouldn't mind being in.

Don't lose your real reason for writing. If it is no longer an absolute pleasure to do so, then we as readers are not giving you the credit you deserve. You're doing a wonderful job, and letting the characters...speak to you, as you do, is turning out to be a rather sensational story.

-Dreamer
noriepie chapter 56 . 6/18/2011
Ha! That was sweet! I LOVE it and it was definitely lighthearted and you're really good because I can totally see your story written in manga style. It was that GOOD. I can see the daisies floating and the descriptions you wrote and I enjoyed it.

Was wondering about what you said in author's note. Just enjoy the story and I think people nitpicking or give suggestions because you've manage to make them care about the story too, which is a great thing! But I hope you feel better soon :) and everyone has these moments of feeling off and stressed. Hope things work out for you.

Sorry haven't been reviewing as much because writing on the phone is pretty messy for me. BUT, in response to your pm about my suggestion for lengthening your chapters, thanks for explaining your reasons and I totally understand. I really appreciate your quick updates. ;)

Feel better! *smiles*
OnceUponaStory chapter 56 . 6/18/2011
I loved this chapter so much! It reminds of "You're Beautiful" ( a korean drama about a girl who joins a boys band under the guise of being a boy, so that she can help her identical twin brother. She falls in love with the main singer, and it is my favorite korean drama. Here is the link it's guaranteed to make you smile korean-drama/youre-beautiful). It's kind of funny to me how the American guys are always so charming, and then in oriental dramas they're such jerks at the beginning...but we adore them by the end. Makes me happy. But anyway, I loved the feel of this chapter and it made me smile. I hope you have a great weekend.
crazy girl 1901 chapter 55 . 6/17/2011
i like this chapter, it was cute and simple. but try not to be so stressed and i know its easier said then done but still. don't be stressed about your writing it's good and i like it. ya we all have those days where things are just blech , but it'll be ok. please update soon!
Caitie Manda chapter 55 . 6/16/2011
This chapter was great! I loved the details of the festival. I thought that it was sort of silly for Amelia to be worried in the least about Juni standing her up, but I probably would've done the same thing. I think that the girls in her class are totally gonna grill her about Juni. And he was TOTALLY going for it! He just loves getting that woman flustered, doesn't he...? Don't worry. You did a good job. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well lately. Truth is, I haven't been either. My own writing has been off lately...but at least I finally got something up on this website worth reading. I won't get into it, though, because this review is about YOU, not me. I hope that you start feeling better soon. I know that when you're feeling low or sick, your writing suffers too. Get well soon! :)

With Love,

Caitlyn
Skyward Ending chapter 54 . 6/16/2011
Okay. Brace yourself for another huge review.

The beginning style and tone were what hooked me. They were short, (bitter)sweet, to the point, and full of a simple but strong emotions. There was no clutter. It was even poetic. They were personal and I really liked what this character was like-everything seemed real. The anonymity made it better, even, as if you were saying that it could happen to anybody, that it didn't necessarily matter WHO it was, but that it was happening. My expectations were admittedly pretty high.

Your transition into a more plot-revolving, present-tense, action-based narration was also good. I liked it. I liked how mysterious Juni was through the texts, how he seemed to be nice but withdrawn. Soooo much potential. Plus, we saw him directly through her eyes, and we did not know what he was feeling. First-person narration's best attribute is that we see things exactly as the narrator does and it's as if we become the person, ne? I had a few criticisms about that view, but I won't go into it again. It was realistic. I liked it. And they were so cuuuuuute. And I actually liked Juni. The whole thing was adorable.

I think where it went a bit downhill for me was the first time he visited her home. In my eyes you took her out of character. What is she not good at? I mean really. She has so far tried nothing that she sucked at. I liked the fact that by the end of the 54 she managed to make herself more assertive, but that was through growth; realistic. The fact that she apparently could bring out a "temptress" irked me, because you suggested nothing that would hint at that (there is a difference between having a libido and having loads of sex appeal/being able to dance). Then the "oh no on top of me" scene happened, causing massive eye-rollage. (Yes. Eye-rollage is totally a word now. Forget "eye-rolling." Eye-rollage is the new black.) But the awkwardness of saying goodbye after that was so cute and realistic and I liked it. And I would've liked it so much more if it had continued to be a bit awkward, because that's exactly what would've happened in real life.

But no, Juni had to pull a "I'm a perfect guy" move and turn up, and the silence had to be because of a cellphone misplacement instead of an "I'm not really sure what to do now because I really like you but I don't want to ruin this friendship in case you don't." He was all cool-calm-collected and suave and stuff instead of sweet and a tiny bit awkward like smitten 21-year-old nice boys would be in that situation (but then again, I'm not sure you had told us yet of his bad boy history at that point, but for the sake of chronology and perception, let's just keep going). The kiss...eh, it was okay. It had to happen some time. Actually knowing what kissing was like took all the fun out of reading about kissing, so that's all me. I think if I were about three years younger I would've gone crazy.

Juni's first interlude was, in my opinion, by far the worst chapter. There weren't redeeming qualities to it. There are synonyms to "douchebag" that I think you could have used, as the word was used too many times (in later chapters, too.) His thoughts toward Alex make me wonder why the hell he's even deigning to hang out with the guy, if he's that bad. Then, the killer: "she's so beautiful." It just goes on and on about her good looks, how special she LOOKS. I think the dark skin in Alaska thing would be notable, but otherwise, I think the number of sentences about her attractiveness/appearance in general (maybe another sentence about how drenched and wet-kitten she looked would've been okay) should have been limited to three or four. Also, He must have a great sense of smell. The paper smelling of water-okay. Water brings out the smell of paper, more like, but I get what you're saying. Perfume? She would've had to spray it on the freaking scrap for him to smell it, if the smoke really is that strong (plus, it's a bar-club-place. Booze stench and BO.) Additionally, you didn't say anything about her sobbing before-as a matter of fact, you were saying how hard she was trying to be discreet in the first chapter. No sobbing involved. This chapter made me dislike him a lot.

After that, I gave you a huge review that should sum up what I felt around that chunk of chapters.

The interlude about Amelia's nickname also painted Juni in a weird light for me. He seemed manipulative-"Come on, sweetie, eat it up"-in a strange way that makes me a bit edgy. It makes me think of those same words under different circumstances. Obviously this is cuz I still don't like him, haha.

The Long Monday interlude...I didn't like it at all. Except when he was talking with Rachel. That was cute. But since when could he lose his spine like that to a girl, even if she was feisty? If she were actually emotionally capable of physically beating him up, that is not okay. They shouldn't be friends, she needs to take anger management classes, and Juni needs to pick his company more wisely. It wasn't humorous. Second, the characterization of his sisters...holy crap. I'll talk about them three paragraphs down.

Yes, I'm glad that he had problems in his past (I mean, as a character. I would never wish that sort of thing on a real person), but even with drastic turnarounds, there are ghosts. It's incredibly hard for people to change, even if they're miserable. Take bad relationships that people stay in, for instance. It's security. It isn't great, but people would rather not risk the change.

I think the issue with this story is the characterization. You made Amelia and Elizabeth so much more realistic and relatable than Juni or the villains.

For example, Henry: if you had not painted him as an absolute jerk and instead put him in a completely objective, impersonal light (no inspection of motivation), then him being upset and breaking up with her at leaving the country would make sense. Long distance is so difficult. SO DIFFICULT. Especially during college years, which is a time that sooooo much stuff happens and life is super hectic and romances are easily sabotaged by simple passage of time because real life gets in the way of an intangible relationship. I've broken up with people I was in love with and who were in love with me because of the distance. I'm glad you were at least able to call him pitiful and desperate, cuz that makes him less than 100% evil.

But the sisters? Oh god. Pure evil. The problem is that all hate has justification, no matter how trivial, but you haven't given us anything of that vein. They're just bitches for no apparent reason. I'm not saying that there is no reason, just not one I can see, and as a reader I have to, in order to see the world you're constructing as realistic.

As for the last chapter, she was freaking out as if she had kissed him or something. I mean, I'd be nervous but if someone dumped me because I had given my drunk ex a lift, and RIGHT AFTERWARD threw out a symbol of him, and was able to acknowledge his name without having a breakdown, good freaking riddance. That would show more possessiveness than I could handle. But I guess that's in character for her-sort of?-so it's all right.

I'll confess that I was expecting the fic as a whole to be something a bit more bittersweet. More friendship before love. A continuation of the first style-something that really said "Love isn't perfect. Love is horribly, horribly nearsighted and sometimes mistakes upholstery for a human being after accidentally whacking it with a cane. But love is still worth the bruises and bumps and all the misunderstandings, in the end." And when you steered it towards "true love," of course I was still going to follow you-I am a sucker for a good love story-but then Juni's "perfect" characterization...ach.

Even if you heal your wounds, scars remain. 21 is not old enough for scars to heal-people are still growing fast at that age, and in your story, someone 8 years older is growing just as fast. Just because he worked through his issues doesn't mean he's perfect now. Yeah, I suppose you could keep his being quiet on his past as a flaw, but it isn't enough.

Yet I still read through all 54 chapters. Why? Your writing is interesting. I like it overall. The story is compelling. And Imma keep reading to the end (unless you take the Korean drama route and after one of them gets into an accident and suffers from amnesia it turns out they might be related or something. Then we might really have to talk.)

Cheers,

S.E.
Skyward Ending chapter 53 . 6/16/2011
When I first read about Juliet I thought that she might've been one of the people Juni slept with.

Also, YES Amelia. She grew a spine! Yes! YES! :D :D
chewychester chapter 54 . 6/16/2011
There was so much to worry about from the last chapter, this was a very benign solution. I even worried that Juni saw her driving Henry home. So that is over with and I loved that line: You can call me if you have a problem or you need someone to talk to.

I think that is one of the best things one person can say to another, really.

She still hasn't tried out that new outfit, I'm not forgetting that.
Skyward Ending chapter 44 . 6/16/2011
Yeesh. Judgmental much? Drinking may be a vice, but as vices go, and at that age and with those responsibilities (that is, mostly just taking care of yourself), it is not that bad. Were Juni any other kind of person, I would've expected him to bristle.
Skyward Ending chapter 45 . 6/16/2011
Wait...making love equals sex, ne? Didn't they already do that before? O.o
168 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »