Reviews for Son of the East Wind
LDDurham chapter 21 . 12/2/2004
This is such a well thought out plot. You have such wonderful sense details that put the reader in the story so very naturally. Your characters are so real and solid and extremely varied. They have their own thoughts, attitudes and motivations. This is truly one of the better fics that I have found on this and other sites. I do hope you continue it. Oh, and can I just say, that Eden's "death" scene was just one of the most beautiful ones I have ever encountered whether in published, unpublished, or motion picture work. Just gorgeous in it's simplicity! Thank you so much for this epic, it's been a pleasure to read. Please consider updating soon.
Megx chapter 6 . 10/26/2004
I am finding this story very yummilicious. _ Very good, keep writing!
Sykes chapter 21 . 7/31/2004
Ok, I really like this story. And to make that perfectly clear, let me say this: I found your story yesterday and plowed through all 21 chapters (prologue included) in about 12 hours, on and off. I sorely hope you're going to continue (as it stands now, it's been 5 months since your last update but after reading that you once took 2 years between posts, I'm still hopeful)! Please continue, if you don't mind the ravings of a new fan. :P
Deluminated chapter 14 . 7/1/2004
I like these goddesses. They're so responsive.
Anyway, one blatant error: "I here you, Captain." Nathan wheeled his horse, giving directions to the three scouts, and they started out.
Should be 'hear'.
Also, why do some mages go to schools (like Micheal) and some are apprentices (like Zoe)?
Deluminated chapter 13 . 6/30/2004
Interesting developments all around, I must say. I've read thirteen chapters today, and unfortunately, I must leave...but it's definitely a good sign that you held my attention that long.
I'll be back.
Deluminated chapter 12 . 6/30/2004
Interesting plot you're developing.
I just thought Patrik was being an ass...I wish Micheal would stop trying to protect Zoe from things he might not want protection from, though.
Deluminated chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
Hmm...ouch. The age difference is a hurtle. I can't decide if I want a happy ending or a tragic one. Thankfully I have eleven chapters to decide.
Deluminated chapter 9 . 6/30/2004
..Interesting.
Story, story, story, PLOT CHANGE!
Like keeping us on our toes, eh? And I see he's back to 'the boy.'
Deluminated chapter 6 . 6/30/2004
Hm...I really do want to know what's up with Patrik now. Also, information on the magic reserves would be good, too. Can he only use so much magic? Does it replenish itself? How often?
Deluminated chapter 5 . 6/30/2004
Odd, the way you incorporate some of our slang into their culture. Interesting, though.
The transition into using magic was a little sudden, but I'll look for more information later on...
All of this is very interesting. Good job with Patrik.
Deluminated chapter 4 . 6/30/2004
The concept of the mages' hair and eye color changing is good, though I await anxiously the explanation of the training process.
Deluminated chapter 3 . 6/30/2004
I like the subtle manifestation you've mentioned with the boy...and I'd like to have a name to call this boy soon. All in good time, I suppose. I'll read on.
Deluminated chapter 2 . 6/30/2004
I'm liking this story so far. You did a good job with the prologue, too.
Remember to capitalize the first word of any sentence, even if it's in dialogue, and "I" is always a capital letter. Those are the only problems I've had.
Great writing, so far.
Sh'arra Rie chapter 21 . 6/19/2004
This is a wonderfull story that I can not wate to be updated! I looved to seen with the god of sea's! Pleas update soon, I will go crazier than I alredy am if those two don't get to gether soon!
Sh'arra
pneumothorax chapter 21 . 6/8/2004
Personally, a little too much conversation about planning fights although the plot itself was delicious. The bond between the characters Zoe and Michael is unique, it's incredibly special sounding and just makes me want to read on and on.. and wait for the next chapter :P This is a very usefless review in that it doesn't explain any problems - mainly because I couldn't find any. Apart from the one about over use of war conversations when it seemed things could be plotted without having a whole chapter on it, or perhaps the scene changing while they did plot, but hmm. Not like you can change it. Lovely story, well done :) (r&r back?)
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »