Reviews for Septet
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
So, I was going to review them all at once, when I was done reading, but now, I think I need to write about my reactions to each of them, after reading the first two. So here goes:

1. The 'cohabit' rhyme was pretty clever. I would fistbump you for that. And good grief, the mental images you create are just ... absurd, in the best possible way. Fertile as a rabbit? Christ, I'm never going to be able to un-see that. So many rabbit ears...

2. Oh, snap. Just, wow. I'm glad she got her own back.

3. Ruthlessly? Oh good god. It's one of those puns where you close your eyes and think, no, this shouldn't be funny, but it really, really is. The double entendre is magic, and I'm loving these so far. You're a very crass man, Punslinger. )

4. I wrinkled my nose at this one. It's such poor taste but it's just ... the whole 'lady motorist' and the 'spare' and I can't help but quietly cackle. I wonder how Lou likes being a spare tire.

5. That would be just like him, it really would. But this isn't my favourite one. I love the rhymes you come up with. Limericks have this folksy sort of vibe that just fits with your humour so very well and it's good.

6. I liked the rabbit/cohabit one better. These are all like that super lame joke that everyone really likes because they're so bad that they're wonderful. And I hope you get what I mean by that.

7. I'm shaking my head at you. Just so you know that.

These are so very silly, and they have made my evening a whole lot better, and now I feel like I can maybe put some effort into my essay. You have a very good, (if politically incorrect, let's face it) sense of humour. I'm going to be shaking my head and smiling for the next hour. I hope you're pleased.

. darker shade of pale
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Fascinating and thought-provoking. I'm not sure that I understand it completely but your dictation is fantastic as always. Please post some new works soon!

Anna _
SirScott chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is probably one of the more suggestive poems of yours I read. I liked the line and I rode on stuff loaded with puns.

SirScott
Fragile Things chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
i loved ruth and hugh hefners sonnets. i actually came to ur page because you submitted a review about snow whites and the average joes. that review was very beautiful haha. i know, is weird but i thought u should know.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Number Two definately my favourite too, but 'ruthlessly' was awesome X)
Anomander chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This is hilarious. It made my morning start with a laugh and a thought, 'he's right'. Nice one, I like it.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Ah don't know what to make of these (nothing unusual, then).

The first ones, with the rabbit/ cohabit, tearful/ to hell etc are typically Punslinger awkward with crude imagery and pompous language side by side, and always the the incongruous punchline pushing in.

My favourite is probably the last one and I'm sure many half-out-the-wardrobes have felt like that XD
nickyO chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Second one is my fav. Great set.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
lol Mildley suggestive? lol great poems.