Reviews for Slumber the God
BlackAliceButterfly chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
...This was amazing. For days afterward I could not get this story out of my head. It was fantastical, it was deep, and it has a note of truth that most of humanity would like to deny. I truly admire your skill, and I hope one day to reach your level.
Lithium of Mercy chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Wow. Just... wow. I didn't think I'd be able to make it through this story in on go, but once I got started, I couldn't stop! Your descriptions are absolutely fascinating, and your choice of words permeate every paragraph with a sense of foreboding and mystery that keeps the reader hooked. Your characters are engaging and perfect for their roles - Daveigh is amazing. The sirens are interesting as well - just how sirens should be, not melancholy and lonely but dangerous. Your descriptions of the sea are very interesting, as are your descriptions of the Lord of the Sea. I like that you remembered to switch gender tenses, because Ariel is both male and female in its different aspects.

I was also really interested by Joan and Satan. When poor Satan almost died I was so upset. I hate the killing of animals. And Joan, well, Joan is really interesting. Her devotion to the sea is admirable. I was glad when she lived - for a few moments there I thought we'd loose her.

The ending was also great - rarely do I come across such a satisfying conclusion. It was justified - Joan should have known better - and it was executed perfectly. The last line is especially haunting and oddly beautiful in a poetic sense.

Well, great job!