Reviews for Tarnished Silver
KarasunoFan chapter 44 . 3/7
What a wonderfully written tale.
Hooked chapter 33 . 8/12/2014
Just found this story today. I skipped the gym, lunch, hopefully I can shower before my meeting. But I cannot stop reading this well done! You write really textured characters.
PsychoTeddy12 chapter 44 . 9/22/2013
I finished this story this morning. ANd let me tell you it was absolutely amazing. I've never felt so drawn to a story on this website as much as this one got to me. You made the characters realistic and outspoken, like it actually happened in real life. I honestly think i feel incredibly late at reviewing this, but i wanted to make sure that the story was as good from the beginning to the end. Everything was unexpected and everyday i felt as if i was left with multiple cliff hangers. This story was delightful. I'm excited to see what else you have in store. Thank you,
-Jasmine A.K.A Psychoteddy
noriepie chapter 41 . 7/18/2013
I kind of like your last version better for this chapter...the one where Sterling analysed what's going on in his head and the fact that Kendra left confirmed to him how unlovable he is because everyone who ever should love him abandons him, and it was because Kendra left for like 2 months or something...like he gave up, or was on the verge. It made the story memorable and raw. I noticed you changed the beginning chapter too, when he saw the interracial threesome by the street before heading to Heaven and feeling let down he let the threesome go when Heaven shot him down, it was quite jarring the first time I read it so I remembered that scene and the parallel of situations. The previous one highlighted the kind of environment his life was surrounded by, that was why I liked it. This new version feels too sudden. He loved her and suddenly all the BS he's been telling himself disappeared, and everything is okay just because he got back his long time missing dad...sounds a little artificial or he's a whipped sissy lol. Actually, this version is still good, but I think I am less attached to Silver as before. This story is the most memorable in all fp for me, I keep coming back to it. I keep coming back to you as an author, lol. This story has everything in one - fluff, romance, drama, violence, action, comedy, you name it - it was just more fleshed out in the first version I think.
Jody chapter 44 . 3/12/2013
I just finished reading your fic and I think it was amazing. I really liked how all your characters had their fails, and how Sterling and Kendra didn't have the typical trite romance. They both had their demons that they had to overcome to be together in a happy health relationship, making it all the realer.I have to especially say that I am extremely happy that Sterling did not get with Heaven, I think and obviously you agree that Kendra is better match for Sterling.

The story is amazing and I am sad that it's over with but I guess all good things must come to an end! I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future.
Vallen chapter 44 . 2/8/2013
Thanks for the amazing ride! I'm really glad Kendra was the woman as I really liked her a lot the first time they met. I thought it was going to be heaven at the beginning which I really didn't mind until she became so fucked - I hated her. I love the way you wrote Kendra and like I said, I'm really glad she ended up being the one. I love the story. I think it's a gem and I really glad to have come across it. You are an amazing writer and you're really good with the rollercoaster. I believe there are a lot of writers who are good at writing the slopes but you're not only good at that, you are also good at making sure they don't throw the passengers/writers off.

I was seeing sterling as Joel McHale from Community, just thought I'd bring that up haha

Again thank you so much for bringing us this masterpiece, I'm a big fan and will be checking out your other work. Though I believe it's going to be really hard to top this one off.
love your story chapter 27 . 1/11/2013
the tucker bucker bo bucker.. reminded me of when my 15 year old cousin tried that on his 6 year old baby sister (me) by telling her about his friend chuck
contrary chapter 44 . 1/4/2013
Read this in one sitting and can i congratulate you on this work of art! Im not going into the things i most admire about it- the compliments are for every well written, origional story with an intricate plot and perfect ending- but the way you made te characters positions in the story start as barely noticable and shoot to the main position is commendable. I also loved how i thought this would be a story of male-is-infatuated-with-cold-female-then-gets-the-girl-they-fuck-the-end to something truly beautiful. There are so many things I loved about this novel.
Thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 44 . 1/4/2013
GREAT STORY! I really love your writing style it has all the concepts that I love in a story. Not so subtle romance, drama, serious sexing and plenty of baggage. I love how you eased Sterling into falling in love. It was not tied neatly in a bow. You give such great detailed history of your characters. I could not help but be drawn into their lives. You have mastered taking the readers into you stories. I love the imperfect characters and their imperfect lives. I don't agree with you not liking the story as an e-book you did an excellent job writing it and i am sure others will enjoy it as well. You write with spirit and heart that is what makes you a great writer. Do not downplay your talent. I have read so many books over the years and Sterling and Sue(excellent thief) will remain two of my favorite characters. You can hang with the best of them. Keep up the good work.
luv4jake chapter 44 . 1/3/2013
Omg I loved it. I teared up at the end but that maybe a combo of the coldplay I had playing in the background as I read lol. I'm going to miss this story and the characters but what can you do? Until next time. I'm so glad you finished even though you had many speed bumps in the way such as life right? I love this story because I felt that Sterling wasn't some poetry spouting, weak, sappy, overly sensitive man he was a hot mess with issues that got buried misunderstood and funny as hell. I can't believe how much I loved his dad Harrison I'm so glad Stacy aka Sterling broke that cycle and took a chance on Kendra even after heartbreak. Okay I'm shutting up now.
luv4jake chapter 43 . 1/3/2013
Sorry damn auto correct I meant Kendra on my last review. I loved loved this chapter yay they are back together and I loved the dialogue. Sterling made some excellent points about what type of woman he wanted and I ate it all up. Until next time. I can't believe this story is almost over as a reader it has been a pleasure to read because I'm so emotionally invested in Sterling's future or life.
luv4jake chapter 42 . 1/3/2013
Poor sterling. Sometimes I want to slap kendal but she was in an abusive relationship so she has nothing good to compare what she has with our guy. I'm glad he didn't sleep with April. Until next time. Once again his dad and Linda are awesome and love him so much plus it shows.
avidmoonstar chapter 44 . 12/2/2012
I wish I had stumbled upon this story while you were writing it, just so I could encourage you that Tarnished Silver is in fact amazing. I wish you would publish it, just to show that romance stories don't have to follow that old, worn-out plot line. That's why I stopped reading best selling romance stories. I was tired of reading the same story over and over.

Tarnished Silver is absolutely refreshing. I loved that your characters were real, and the conflict they encountered was real. No one was disgustingly perfect. They didn't encounter that 'big misunderstanding' before finally making up. It was so good that I couldn't stop reading and finished it in one weekend.

Thank you for writing a story that was original and engrossing. I can't wait to check out your other work.
luv4jake chapter 41 . 11/25/2012
This chapter was so hard to read especially when Sterling was in so much pain but I loved his dad and son time as always aw.
luv4jake chapter 40 . 11/23/2012
I loved loved loved this part it was a straight aw fest js:
"If we move, will we still have a cleaning lady?"

"I suppose so; I'm not very domesticated. But if you have a different idea, I'm open to suggestions." She nibbled my earlobe gently.

"I love you." She sighed and moved from my chest, to snuggle beside me. Her leg was over mine, and her head rested on my shoulder. "You know, if I was going to marry anyone, it would be you. Please don't give up on me."

"I love you, Princess. Now go to sleep so I can work on my subliminal messages." She giggled softly, and kissed me.

"If I'm the princess, then you must be Prince Charming."

"Not even close, I'm the black knight, but the princess is still mine. Charming's a pussy, and I have it on good authority he's got a tiny lance." She laughed softly at my joking.

"Mmm, I think I like this black knight more and more." Her hand teased over me. "Definitely no problem in the lance area."

"I might remind the princess, that the knight is ever ready to draw his weapon and rise to the occasion, should there be more foes that need vanquishing."

"You are so cute. I'd love to take you up on all that weapon, rising, and vanquishing stuff, but I'm seriously wiped out." Curled up against me, she was soon asleep.

I pulled a sheet over us, and kissed her cheek. She didn't know it, but I knew some day she would be my wife. The black knight may be a scoundrel, but he knows to hold on to a treasure, no matter what.
156 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »