Reviews for Top Hat
Andramion chapter 13 . 8/12/2012
Oh my god, I need to get to bed.
It is now 2:47 in the morning and I've just been reading through all these chapters, after first reading your other story (can't remember the title exactly, but something with the Demon Lady? Loved that too!).
I am loving this! I think it's really well written, apart from some small spelling and grammar mistakes, which don't bother me at all. You get used to them and you don't notice them anymore.
Sorry for my repeated "love" and "like", but I'm just super-exited from reading this!
I love what a strong character Andy is! I know Shin is really a good guy, but man, does he keep annoying the hell out of me. I was actually hoping he'd start feeling some more for Akiko, just to get him over Andy.
Kei - also one of my favourites. He reminds me of a friend of mine, who is exactly the same: incredibly annoying, but extremely lovable at the same time!
I have repeatedly ignored your request for reviews, but only because I was so curious about the next chapter! So here it is, my review (a crazy fangirl review for that matter)!
If you ever want any help with editing, I'd love to help you (don't take this as an insult please! because I love your story!) getting rid of those little spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Let me know!
Gosh, I really need to get some sleep!
Over and out!
Apple Lefrog chapter 13 . 6/29/2011
Oh, wow. That's suprising. I didnt expect her to be his cousin. (x I thought she would be someone bad in the story, like a fan girl or something. I thought that she would be mean for some reason. . Hopefully she isnt! XD Well, good luck with your academics. :D And have fun at your sports!
Ichigo325 chapter 13 . 6/14/2011
Oh, sheeet. I never expected that. (x That as in, Samara being Arashi's pinsan (And I'm Filipina, too. However I'm terrible at speaking but I can understand quote fluently :D ) and Andy and Raiden kissing (x I still have no clue which guy Andy should end up with. It's tied between Shin, Raiden, and Arashi. I could care less about the others. (no offense, I still like the characters though) I can't until the next chapter so update whenever! (:
iterjourneys chapter 13 . 6/13/2011
I just started reading this story and i found out that it was by far the most amazing story i have ever read. i am truly intruiged at ow well you can write. is andy going to end up being in love with shin, arashi, and raiden? i would like it if she does not have to choose between either of them. I really love this story and i would like you to update as soon as you can please. :)3
Jevanminx chapter 13 . 6/12/2011
Ohhhhhhhh, I love it. And that last chapter with the kiss, brilliant. I just feel really bad for Shin because I feel like he should be with Ando, and then I think no he would be better with Akiko and Andy shouly be with Raiden, but then I'm like what about Arashi, unless both of them are with Andy.

Ohhhhh the possibilities!

JM
cuteangel chapter 13 . 6/11/2011
OMG I'm going to hyperventilate and pass out this just keeps getting better and better. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love it PLease post soon.

lol "Shes my cousin"
ominous sparkles chapter 13 . 6/11/2011
hey! awesome story! really starting to get into it cause its not like the traditional stories you see on here. its quite refreshing, however i do seem to notice that there is not much continuity between scenes... they kinda jump in time almost if you catch my drift. but otherwise bravo! XP
surrendertomusic chapter 13 . 6/9/2011
I just found this story yesterday and I couldn't put it down!

You deserve waay more reviews than what you have :c

I love how there's Filipino in this story. It's hard to find. I live around a lot of Filipinos too, so I could understand a few things :)

absolutely love it! Can't wait for more! :D
Carmel March chapter 13 . 6/8/2011
Aw, fabulous chapter! I am definitely a Raiden fan. Keep up the great work! :)

Carm
Caitlanc4 chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Can't wait to get more.
Follow-The-Spiders chapter 13 . 6/8/2011
Hehe, you're very welcome. You can send me cyber-dark chocolate. I shall be very happy.

Moving on, there's a problem with the tenses here and with the use of "will" and "would", "can" and "could". Grammatical errors, essentially.

Also, I notice the changes. Try making Andy more self-centered.

The chapter was sort of all over the place, somewhat. Maybe you could try splitting it up and developing each scene? Right now, it's not fully developed; I get Andy's interactions with each person in this chapter, but it's not fully there, if you know what I mean.

Also, the part about Akihiro's death was...out of nowhere, in a bad kind of way. In fact, that entire scene was weird. Critically speaking, it was too scattered. The flow was out. I got the action and everything, including Raiden's reason for taking her there, but it's really random that he did take here there.

Their interaction (and the subsequent interactions) was not smooth enough. Like I said before, try breaking it up in to different chapters to that you can fully develop the story.

Andy's a player. At least, that's what this chapter comes off as.

Also, she does take a lot for granted: her house, her life, etc. She doesn't seem to be very distraught over being rich, but she doesn't seem to be doing much about it. Either you show her as a self-centered person, or someone who cares. Hope that that made sense.

And seeing as how you're trying to develop other characters as well, go with my suggestion of creating other chapters. That was, the readers can get background information in to their lives.

Also, this recurring theme of "poor rich kid" is getting too much. The twins have it, Raiden seems to have it, and Andy partially has it.

The characters seem to have bi-polar. Try to stick to a few characteristics for each one. Make a list for each character with key words describing their personality.

For example:

1. Andy - self-centered, takes things for granted, rich, kind (at times), yadda, yadda.

You get the idea.

So yeah, hope that it helps.

Let's see if there's anything else...

Oh yeah, try inserting jokes. Make this a tongue-in-cheek thing. Make it funny, make it sarcastic, make it weird, make it awkward (all in a good way), have anger, angst, hatred, revenge (or rather, develop the revenge plot), love, etc., etc.

If you'd like, get someone to become your Beta. I'm free, for the next two months, if you need me.
the little prince chapter 13 . 6/8/2011
misspointless,

i was trying to vote on your poll but it says invalid voting request. i will just vote here; raiden roppongi and maybe kenshin kano (this guy is cool).

firstly, this chapter is awesome! i like it very much!

you surprised me again! i definitely didn't expect the raiden and andy kissing part! it is unexpected but good! :)) raiden made the move! you also surprised me with the relationship of samara with arashi!

lol... i really like kei! hahaha it was surprising and really funny that yuki had a crush with him...

"What?"

"It's no secret. I've always known you've got the "hots" for me," Kei answered, smiling slyly. "I catch you staring at my ass all the time."

"I do not stare at your ass!" Yuki yelled defensively. She turned to Zuki to reiterate it. "I do not stare at his ass." Zuki merely shrugged.

Once she turned back to yell at Kei even more, she was surprised to see his back was turned. Slowly, her eyes started to drift downwards and before she even realized it, she was actually staring at his ass.

"See?" Kei turned his head. "Told you."} - this made me laugh so hard that i couldn't breathe anymore!

ang yabang talaga ni arashi! he is really mean... trying to throw a hardbound dictionary at andy! but again this scene wass also funny...

again you left me hanging! update soon!

the little prince
Raiden Fan chapter 13 . 6/8/2011
OMG! RAIDEN and ANDY KISSED! i hope andy pairs up with raiden! :)

poor shin! he should just find another girl coughakikocough..

update soon! :D excited for more raiden and andy moments!
luvbookworm chapter 13 . 6/7/2011
luv it! does it count if the same person review?
the little prince chapter 12 . 6/6/2011
the first part is very funny! i can't stop laughing. i totally love kei and am in love with raiden!

On hearing that, Kei squealed like a girl and ran for his life. Andy still holding the chopsticks on her hand raised it like a dagger.

"COME BACK HERE, YOU HOMOSEXUAL BEAST!"} - this is very hilarious! :)

i definitely like the kenshin guy! the founder of the i hate reiko club! i totally did not expect the last part, the date and raiden. you left me hanging! hope you update soon.

btw, this is a great chapter, you should edit the chapters (grammatical and spelling errors).