Reviews for Black and Red
Miss Ephoectica chapter 3 . 11/24/2012
I must say, I think the first chapter is very mesmerizing. The feeling changes for an imminent dread down to the last chapter. The narration is wonderful, and the characters are very interesting.
For all I can say, this is a great source of inspiration for me, and probably other artists too.
I couldn't stop reading, I had to know. I had to guess. I can't help but think that your explanation in the first chapter kind of breaks a bit of the magic, otherwise, I can't see nothing wrong. This is amazing.
Timefather67 chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
I liked reading this, this woman, surely brings a ominous aura around her to the narrator.
marceline the vampire queen chapter 3 . 9/5/2012
I liked the insight into the main character's backstory - the "Pareidolia" paragraph. Wonderfully executed (no pun intended). It's funny, but you almost start to pity him in some places. The best villains are always the ones you can empathise with.

Description was great, as ever, as was dialogue. A few typos, but those can be sorted out. You love your cliffhangers, don't you? Darn you...now I have to wait. What company has Misery brought with her? Will she really drag him to Hell? We will find out when you next update. (Update soon, please.)

Wonderful story, and I look forward to reading more of it!
marceline the vampire queen chapter 2 . 9/5/2012
This story really is intriguing. Imma add it to my follows. *clicks*
Favourite line this chapter was: "I should be knee-deep in warm water, or basking in the sun at some beach overly saturated with colors and people if this was a fantasy born of my dying brain." The imagery in that is wonderful - very powerful.

But is Misery real, or is she a figment of the protaganist's fevered imagination? The last line seems to confirm it...but there's always a chance that's he's merely slipped over the border into utter insanity. I'm looking forward to finding out. Real or not, she's an awesome character and I love the description you put into her. The short, spaced sentences you use are very effective in building the tension here.

Onto chapter three!
marceline the vampire queen chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Well, this was...nasty. Interesting, too - I started off thinking that the girl was the nutter, and it turned out that it was the other way around. Misery...what a twist. That makes me think of Steven King, as does your writing to an extent.

"The silence stretches on, a rubber band about to snap..."

Have I mentioned I love your metaphors?

My only criticisms would be - and this is a real nitpick - the bold. This is completely personal preference and you don't have to take any notice, but I really hate bold. It just seems unnecessary and unprofessional. ... Again, that's just me. Sorry!
Rukia chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
I like your descriptions of Misery, and the way the other person knew, but didn't.
RaspberrySweetTea chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Interesting. Misery was my favorite through the whole thing. I especially loved how you described her. She was the most vivid to me.
ZoboCamel chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Nice, nice. A little short (though I hardly have the right to say that myself :P), but that's overshadowed by the great descriptions - you can really get a vivid picture of the scene in your head. Keep it up!
Revenge Is Bliss chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I thought the girl was going to be Hunger.

Well, this was great. I can't help but like this girl. Er, misery. That sounds awful,"I can't help but love misery!" Oh well.

I have a magical "update" button; if you push it, there's a new chapter! *snaps fingers* That fast! Use it wisely. (X
Yorkensmorkenstein chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I really liked this. It was interesting and the description of silence as a rubber band was quite clever and fitting.