Reviews for The Final Push
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Such a genuine writer, so much depth, the ability to encapsulate a whole story in a few wonderful lines
YasuRan chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Some good phrasing here like 'some new goal in their mind;/some new glint in their eye'. Even though the poem doesn't rhyme, I feel that those lines create a sense of rhythm. It would have been nice if there had been similar verses interspersed throughout the remaining text to further establish that but it works well on its own as it is. I also liked 'my perfect man, my moon/my sun, my grey skies' for the same reason, especially the asymmetry of moon and sun.

I think the ending could have been a little stronger since the beginning and middle parts were quite strong in imagery. Given how solid a sense we get of the narrator's affection for 'her man', it's rather contradictory to see her going down without a fight (i.e., slipping away quietly).
Alazar-Ramir chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
A touching poem this. At first I had to read it a couple of times to make sure I understood it right, because at first I thought it was about a break up. But now I see things differently.

I like how though there is no fixed structure you maintain a constant rhythm, a rhythm that seems to mimic a soft sad feeling but resolute at the same time. Its not exactly defeatist. It's more accepting. (Hope that makes sense)

I cannot think about anything I don't like. Usually I am bad with poetry crit.

The theme seems pretty straight forward. There is no heavy imagery that makes one struggle to understand what is going on. If I interpreted it right, its about a couple drifting apart. (If I'm wrong, apologies are due)

In short, its a poem with an easy read, yet at the same time a heavy theme. You capture the topic very well. :)
iliads chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I love this. I love the emotion that pours through your words and the imagery you've used. The first stanza in particular is just genius - and the last line. Oh, I love the last line so much. It just sums up the entire poem perfectly.

Such a lovely piece. Favouriting :)