Reviews for Breathing Fire
SargentLooneyPencil chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
D... wow.. yet another great one from you... i think you've been reading my diary.. lol.. seriously..
Evilives chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
WOW.

The wording alone is spectacular. Then the vivid descriptions of the narrator's descent and mockery of "ones more pious" and the repitition tie in to the end line. Clever!

See why you're in my favorites?
4 the dragonhearted girl chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Oh my goodness I loved it. I love the last line, its strange because I am a Christian and I can see it as sort of against religion but I love it anyway. I love the pictures and the idea of how easy it is to give in at times. I also love the last line it sums it up beautifully
YasuRan chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I enjoyed the repetition of 'I am breathing fire'. It always draws the reader's attention to the main theme of the poem and makes it stand clear throughout all the ensuing action. It certainly was an exciting poem to read. I especially like the contrast of how happy the narrator feels despite the warnings of her/him about to pay for their sins.

The last line was a perfect way to end this. It can be interpreted in many ways, sombre or otherwise. Nonetheless, it still evokes some powerful imagery.