Reviews for let's play make believe
Dark Blue Lover chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Once more, I love the contrast between the beginning - "perfect" - and the end - "the remains of our imperfections". This is beautiful, in a way.

"I'll connect us at the hip like lost puzzle pieces" - that comparison is brilliant, shows very much how your character feels. "And I'll try until I'm quite blue in the face" - erm... relatable. xD

"We can play make believe until we can't tell reality from dreams any longer". Wow.

I also like the innocence of the doll's house with white bricks. It adds so much to that desperate longing for perfection your character has. The contrast you're inserting is quite sudden, but also quite well done. You've captured really well how superficial perfection is after all and which despair and broken-ness lie under that. (sorry if I'm interpreting too much now)

I know several people who are all acting like that, so I kind of can relate. (Just that I'm missing with them that they open their eyes for their imperfections .)

This one is really pretty, and deserves to be read! Great work! Keep writing :)
codes and keys chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
this is a great poem. i love how you associate and compare love to a house. it grows and grows and becomes perfect on the outside, but on the inside, things are slowly falling apart. amazing.
a science of faith chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
amazing. the tone of it is breath-taking, the end just leaves me with a sort of empty feeling, it's this line, "no one can see the flaking paint on our china masks and the clockwork mechanism of our movements as the puzzle pieces fall—" that kind of shows the reality and 'deadness' of it. genius.