Reviews for Scars
thegirlbehindyou chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I can't tell you how much I simply love this poem. Would you believe me if I told you that it has been on my bookmarks list since more than a year? I come to re-read it every once in a while, but this time I thought you have a right to know how much impact this has on me, how it takes my breath away.

Never stop writing.
ChildrenStoriesRule chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I grinned when I saw that first piece. Yes, I did think of self harm! T_T

Lol, loved the poem. And you're right, we're always thinking of the big, bad things, but forget about the little ones. They matter too.

Very nice. Loved it.
singer22498 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I really liked that! I like how you started with saying that you have a scar from making toast, and then turned an example like that into something that had a lot more signifigance. I think this poem really explains and expresses the fact that the little things we do in life really do matter and can make big impacts on our lives all together.

For example, I chose to stay at home instead of go somewhere with my mom, and she saw one of my long lost friends at the grocery store! I was sincerely mad. Little things like not going somewhere can have bad consequences.

Sorry this review is kinda long, so I will sum it up.

I really liked how you described your message throughout the poem, and I really love some of the words you used, such as decomposition. The only thing I didn't like was that yes, i am sorry, but the beginning did sorta make me think you might be a cutter, until I saw the author's note. So yeah. Good job.
ruffad chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
i really enjoyed reading this. keep them coming gurl! :P
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
This poem has real depth and charts the tiny incidents that chip away at our facade and make us who we are. One that resonates for me.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
I actually like that you didn't explore the usual pathos of self-harm. There's certainly a moral to this poem which does get a bit preachy with the metaphors used in the third stanza but is overall quite fitting. The fourth stanza actually makes up for the previous with the switch to metaphysical imagery - flesh and bone juxtaposed with mind and soul. A great rhyme. 'Riddled like roadmaps with signs of decomposition' is also a powerful metaphor. As are the last two lines.

A bit rough in certain places I've mentioned but the last two stanzas are stunning. A good piece.