Reviews for Still Suffering
ada bergstrom chapter 2 . 5/10
I have read ur story like five times and it really touched me it touched a part of my soul that I did sent Even know I had thank you for doing this story it is by far the best I've readwho's my life and I'm a total bookworm Ryan is a brave soul this story is so touching and heartbreaking I cried when Ryan got released this story makes me know that there are
Other people whos life is more crappy than mine again this story has touched me you might think in a psyco for saying this about just a book but you don't know the suffering I've gone through
In just 11 painful years i was too kidnapped at age 8 and held for 3 years and found on almost my 11th birthday i suffered rape and abuse like ryan and was almost starved to death
And tourtured with electrical toys whips and so much more my kidnapper even left me a permenant reminder of what happened it is the words i will always find you no matter where you hide
It is etched in my leg je did it with a knife and the pain was unbearable when i tried to run away he would use old tourture methods qnd try to choke me burn me stab me
And other things but when i was found he stalked me for a while and i was so scared to go anywhere near the front door for weeks and he almost got me again while it was
My first time going to the convience store but i screamed and the police shot him sorry for telling u the story of my life but i had to tell u the similarities me and ryan
Have god bless you if you read this and i was ruturned home 1 month and 1 week ago so i am still recovering from the traumatising events and trying to be a normal kid in a world of psycos
Kidnappers and rape gangs
Yaoi Society chapter 36 . 5/4
Wow...just...wow. I am in awe. This story is probably one of my favorites ever written. You really should publish this one. I can almost guarantee that it will do perfect. All of the characters have development, even though Ryan's seemed to go in the wrong direction.
I read Steven's story, and it's sad to think how much the family grew apart. But I am glad there's Miley. Now chapter one makes sense. I'm so glad you decided to make a sequel. I will be reading it right away. Joey for some reason, is probably my favorite character. Maybe because he's the one who keeps his head, while the rest have problems. He also seems to be the team mother. Which I think is to die for.
I want to tell you all of the things I loved about this story, but in my opinion, it was just take too long to write. But I shall still name off a few.
One: The characters in general: They each are different, but yet I still love them. I don't usually love mean characters, but somehow, you made me at least tolerate them.
Two: The setting: Unlike other kidnap stories, this one had a pretty good setting. Most kidnap stories take place in a dark closet. But this one took place in a spacious basement, which soon became home to him. Plus, I'm even including the rest of the setting.
Three: Even though you wrote this story a long time ago, and I can find a few things wrong with it (like the spelling) there are still people reading it. Which means by far that this is a good story worth reading.
I guess I shall go now. See you. Nye! (I did that on purpose. Nye is my special way of saying goodbye. Hmm...for some reason, I feel like Charlotte from Charlotte's web.)
CallingAllSinners chapter 36 . 12/7/2014
Ho. Lee. Shit.
What. The. *world explodes*
I'm only saying this to be fair to some stories (probably by you) that I will read in the future, but Still Suffering is in my top three best ever's. Sing is probably there, too :D
ALL OF IT was my favourite part, and I really like how you WROTE THE ENTIRE THING that one time. Words fail me, goodnight.
CallingAllSinners chapter 30 . 12/7/2014
Dear lord woman, the psychology and effort you put into the dialogue and thoughts of these characters is amazing, seriously, not many people can write like this!
CallingAllSinners chapter 8 . 12/6/2014
300th review! woot woot!
I just *have* to say how crazy (good) this story is so far, and I can't wait to read the rest because I know it'll be amazing too!
-TJ
Tippiting Icebergs chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Oops, I meant to say *Ryan, not Ivan (guess my own characters want attention).

I also wanted to say your sister's poem was very nice. And so was the ending. It made me tear up a bit, not gonna lie. But that just shows how great your words were, how moving and real.

And that's all, I think. Goodnight.
Tippiting Icebergs chapter 38 . 9/10/2014
I liked this story.
It was different than what I normally read on here, but it caught my eye.
Sometimes it made me roll my eyes, like are you serious? For example, Sam being a victim of kidnapping or Dominic using Steven as bait.
But I loved the little big things, like Baby Ryan and why she's named Ryan, or how Steven blamed himself, and especially Ryans confusion. It just makes it all more realistic..
To be honest, I kept thinking this story would be some cheesy half-assed romanticized kidnapping story but it was anything but. You wrote a straightforward and simple, yet complex prose. I would actually stop and think, wait is this the same person writing? every time Ivan (you) said thought provoking/emotional sentences.
I also loved that I got to see you improve at writing and how the chapters lengthened with it!

There were typos here and there, but not any that would disturb the story's fluidity. There were also some continuity problems as well as unfathomable situations?

But one thing kept bugging me through all of this. Why wasn't he receiving psychiatric help? Surely the police ot evevn gov would see to it that they get help, maybe just suggest it, but nothing like that ever came up and it made me feel a little... disappointed, I guess would be the word.

Anyways, I admired how you came up with as you went along.
I wish you the best and good luck in the publishing. I look forward to hearing you become a published author.
cratermaker chapter 38 . 7/8/2014
Heyo, Shady. It's weird that it's been so long since I read this story, but oddly enough, it felt like it's been longer than it actually has. I wanted you to know I read it all over again tonight, and you made me cry, and mrrrr! -sticks my tongue out at you- Just wanted you to know I came back to read it and it still affected me as much now as it did when I was a freshmen in college. Thanks again for the incredible journey.
Much love 3
-Crater
AceArtemis7 chapter 36 . 6/26/2014
I don't suppose there'll be an epilogue, of what happened to Dominic? Maybe he escape from jail? Haha, im so bad, rooting for the bad guy!
AceArtemis7 chapter 34 . 6/26/2014
hi there! been reading your story since chapter 1, its really good! I was wondering when Dominic is going to show up for real again. Awww, poor Ryan... I feel a bit embarrassed for liking this turn of events _ I think people should write unhappy endings anyway...
you chapter 2 . 5/13/2014
i feel so bad. I will save you, ryan.
you chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
I just finished reading. I can see why this story is so popular.
Battle Roach chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
Battle rooooooaaaachh! Fly away with your papery wings. Love it.
Myron Greenleaf chapter 38 . 4/13/2014
I just read this entire story, and I'll admit, it freaked me out. This story felt so real that it almost seemed like this has happened.

What really irked me about this story is all the simple spelling mistakes. What I really liked though was how realistic everything was in your story.
FranceGamble-too chapter 38 . 2/19/2014
This is an awesome story. I like it a lot. I am going to go and read some more of your work now. You should see if you can get it published.
304 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »