Reviews for Temet Nosce
Anonymity Is Key chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
This is a very interesting piece or work. I like the contrast between the contemplative, reflective nature of the writing and the setting. Usually post-apocalyptic pieces are dominated by themes of technology and action sequences, I enjoy this take on it. The way you organised your writing complements the style of it as well, I think, but over a long term it could prove repetitive- it's good that you introduced some more plot elements, that should keep this an interesting and still artistic piece. I am eager to see where you take it.

I'm acting all posh about it, but when it comes down to it I think this is a really great story- you're a very talented writer.
untouchble16 chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
Luv the first two chaps so mush this my second reading them
drazer434 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Finally returning the review.

I like the introspective writing style, based on his thoughts rather than what is going on around him, but I think it is dangerous to do that for the whole chapter, as it can make it hard to follow and make things hard to visualise. I tend to be a visual reader, and respond well to descriptions of settings and things like that, so a chapter with very little of that does make it a bit more difficult for me to get into.

[It was eternally in my mind, forcing empathetic groans from my own mouth as I contemplated cutting off my ear to escape the endless droning of the old wood] - Not sure about the using forcing as a verb for empathetic groans. Perhaps eliciting would be better. Contemplating cutting off your own ear is a bit melodramatic in my opinion but each to their own.

[Presently, a thin beam of light slithered through a crack in the dingy woodwork] - This chapter was written in the present tense apart from this sentence where you used "slithered" so that should be changed. Not sure about the use of presently though here. It doesn't seem to flow right to me.

I really liked the lines about chess, could really appreciate them.

I liked the last sentence as well, and how it relates back to him talking about chess. Nice word choice there.

Hope this helped.

Drazer
RedX9 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
you write very subjectively and maturely and I really love it. I could never write on the same level as you so I salute you for that. I don't know, you have this writing style that is so complex, a person can't just skim through your work and say I understand the whole plot, they must really dig deep into it.

I like the last part, such philosophical statements
Rosemarysgraden001 chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I totally loved that movie btw, right now im still a little brain fried from reading ten chapters of shades of legend.

But on with the review, it was a little confusing to follow for me. Im guesing this person was taken from the past and brought into the future, and now is really confused.

At any rate, it definetly catches someone's attention

Rose