Reviews for Minor Talent Edited
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 20 . 9/23/2011
I bet her eggo is soooo preggo.

All that guilt and anxiety and it was a gift.

That was a douche move on his part, the song writing not the gifting.

But I still can't find my self upset with him, cause he's always so well...Dai.
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 19 . 9/22/2011
I don't like Aurora, she's all backhanded and sneakily bitchy.

I did however like Darren.

On a side note leaving it there was mean.

Can't wait for more!
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 18 . 9/19/2011
I absolutely love the story.

Can't wait for more

Hope you update soon.

Have a good day.
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 4 . 9/16/2011
Oooooh shit! He's the dude from the wedding! Why didn't I make the connection before? I'm usually pretty good at that sorta thing, but you really caught me here with my pants around my ankles. Very cool, though. I'm glad you can tie things in later chapters back to the beginning - shows you put a lot of effort behind planning stuff out. Very cool, and you sure threw me for a loop, haha.

It's fun to watch the dialogue between Hazel and Chrissie, especially with how naive Chrissie is about these guys. Dai's attitude is pretty funny, I have to admit. I can't help but like arrogant assholes - they've always been my weakness. With my luck, I'd probably end up dating one of those obnoxious singers, ugh.

Leave it to Dai to interrupt her nice conversation, right? And his comment about wanting to hand delivery the poster to Chrissie was pretty funny, not gonna lie. I'm excited to see her reaction, haha. xD
Deedee Elle chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
I like your description of the reaction to Chrissie's question harking back to their own early days. It wasn't necessary to the story but was a nice detail and helped the pace flow and the fact Katie remembered her name was a nice character hint.

The conversation between Hazel and Katie works really well as a way of quickly showing Hazel's attitude to her love life without having too much exposition.

I like the way you introduce the theory that everyone is a genre and Hazel's description of what she is herself- I'm guessing this is a bit of a sleight of hand synopsis.

One style note-'She gathered up her belongings as the clock hit one and stood up.' sounds like the clock is the one standing up.
Whirlymerle chapter 7 . 9/2/2011
Haha, I really enjoy how blunt Hazel can be with Dai. I thought it was really funny when she pretty much tells him "you're a guy, that's not what guys do" when he calls her to chat.

One thing I found curious was when Katie warned Hazel about her own cousin. So I'm sensing there's something off about him?

In answer to your questions, I definitely get the feeling that Hazel is very, very devoted to her work, though I wasn't under the impression that she needed to take a break from it. Plotwise though, I feel like the break would be excellent, since you've already shown readers much of Hazel's career. It would be neat to see what she'd do to relax.

I just hope she gets to spend more time with Dai! :D

Deedee Elle chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I really like this, you're way of writing is very natural and the conversation between characters flows well. Adam and the stranger have very distinct voices so come across as convincing characters.

You have introduced a lot of Hazel's backstory but it doesn't feel forced at all.

I like the band names dropped in there too. A lot of the stories on this site are American so it is really nice to read something which such a British feel to it.
Prisim chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
I decided to check out one of your other stories while i had a moment :)

I really liked the opening chapter. The descriptions really helped convey the emotions that Hazel was feeling and offered a nice introduction to her as a character. You can really tell she's sick of the boy rut that she's in and it makes you root for her to be able to claw her way out of it.

I look forward to seeing if she succeeds or not! I didn't read the original version so I can't compare it.
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
I'm really starting to dig this story. I've always been really into music, I'm in one of those families where everyone listens to it and some of my immediate family have been in bands at some point or other, so I really appreciate the tight connection this has to bands and how they work. I've never really put much thought into the general goings-on behind the stage, and this story really opens my eyes up to something really cool. It's a part of music that I've never really bothered to learn about, and I have to say it's a great experience. I don't know how much personal experience you have with the content Hazel deals with, but you definitely sound like a pro.

The whole thing about drummers being 'pretty fun guys' made me snicker. I'll have to keep that in mind if the situation ever arises, haha. The whole bit about female bands I can also see being so true as well. Girls definitely are bitches, eh? Pack them together in a bus for months, and I can see the fists flying, the hair pulling, in no time.

It's nice to see some of the bands trying to impress Hazel instead of it being the other way around. The fact she has a reputation and people know who her magazine is puts a nice edge to her situation.

Hmmm... I wonder where she knows Dai from...
Whirlymerle chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
Whoa, what an interesting way to begin the chapter! I was totally hooked. And surprised, for that matter, to learn that Dai and Hazel hooked up... sort of. And the gift horse/Trojan horse comment was a really nice reference and way to describe the situation, I thought.

And Frank gets a little jealous eh? Well, I agree with what Hazel wanted to say. Going on one date does not mean that you're officially an item. And he did bail out on her first, so I guess it sucks to be him.

The one thing I didn't get was why Hazel could suddenly calculate time to the precise second when she's hung over. Wouldn't she be less aware?

Anyway, I think this is my favorite chapter yet,

Dr. Self Destruct chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
Hello again!

Like I said before, I really enjoy Hazel's character. It's so refreshing to see a woman not mull over her love life, but not forget about it either. I like Hazel's outlook on having plenty of time to fall in love, although I'm kind of wondering if she's trying to convince herself of this just as much as she's trying to convince Katie. Hazel does indeed seem like a woman who will try to be tough, show some apathy on the outside, but I have a feeling there's emotions bubbling underneath the surface that even she doesn't know she has.

I think we get to learn more about her in this chapter during her conversation with Chrissie. I really enjoyed the whole idea of how people are lumped into either being a singer, guitarist, drummer or bassist. The way Hazel explains it makes a lot of sense, and I can definitely see it pertaining to the real world and how people generally act. I think it's very cool how she can relate her work to the real world, just like her co-worker that looks at real life as if it's a movie. My life genre? Probably horror, considering my violent imagination. :( I also see myself as being a bassist, sitting in the background all quiet until I get some alcohol in me. Then I can go kinda crazy.

But yeah, I really enjoyed this chapter. It kept my interest throughout, and I thought the pacing was nice. Sorry for my lack of suggestions/critiques. -
just Tina chapter 12 . 8/14/2011
Awesome chapter! genious ending of it! i'm really glad hazel isn't going away with Dai mad at her! also how to you pronounce Dai's name? anyways great job i didn't see any typos or anything i would change! hurry and update! i need to know what's going to happen! is hazel gunna get back with frank? i hope not! Keep up the good work!
Ginger2526 chapter 12 . 8/10/2011
Love Love LOVED this chapter! I love that we finally get to see Hazel and Dai together! 3 I love how you showed that the band loved her and treated her like she belonged. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I think what stood out the most for me in this story was how real Hazel felt to me. Her personality and mannerisms are very believable, and as the main character I can already tell I'm going to like her. I have to respect the fact she hides her break-up with Adam from Will and Lucy, because it shows she isn't an attention whore or a drama queen. The way she reacted to Adam breaking up with her was commendable as well - it's nice to see this won't be a story about her trying to get over someone and mulling about the past.

This chapter flowed very nicely, and I think you have a great style. I enjoyed the way you focused on the man at the bar's eyes, and how he's described as being almost too good looking. It shows Hazel isn't easily disarmed by a charming smile, so her lack of naivety is very refreshing.

I also found her profession to be very interesting. I can see it leading to some great plot arcs in the future.

Overall, aside from a few extra commas here and there the grammar/spelling was very good. Thanks for the great read. :)
Whirlymerle chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
Another highly interesting chapter! Do I sense some complications between Hazel, Frank, and Dai? Frank certainly seemed happy when Hazel told him Dai was some guy in interviewed instead of her friend.

What does Katie have up her sleeve? I wonder.

I thought the way your portrayed Frank was sweet, but I feel like there’s more chemisty between Hazel and Dai. He was sort of a spark to him, I think.

Oh, and I must say, even though Hazel hates it, I love the fact that Dai uses the word “cariad” with Hazel. It’s so endearing!

Nice job,