Reviews for Four Blocks West
Nicholas Scott chapter 5 . 1/19/2013
Oh my dear god in heaven...this is positively exquisite. I can't believe it's on hiatus. I need more. You've created something perfectly compelling and I'm completely enamoured with it. You absolutely must bring more Anish. So utterly unique and entertaining... Really...hiatus schmiatus...I need more...Anish needs to be introduced to everyone...it is utter perfection!
Mieu-san chapter 5 . 2/27/2012
Well, then you might be slightly sick of hearing from me, but I can't believe that this story has been graced with a mere five reviews. Again the writing is very high quality, especially in the early chapters. Reading about the harrassment of Anish was very amusing and I particularly liked the dry wit that characterized that entire time period. I like the idea of this plot. I can't believe this story has so few reviews.

Bah. It's annoying.

However, I would like to say that as much as I like this story, it does seem to lose something as the chapters progress. Not that chapters four and five aren't good-they're plenty good and there's no problem with the writing per say-but they don't absolutely capture my interest like the early chapters. It sort of seems like you didn't enjoy writing them as much.

Nevertheless! I really hope you will continue to write it. I want to see where it goes. I want to know more about the inside job and the cordis and why poor Anish is getting harrassed. And most especially, I want you to continue to write. I've really enjoyed reading and I would be most pleased if you would continue to provide lovely things for me to read and yell at other people to read as well.

But I also think that you can maybe improve a bit, and I encourage you to try. You're too good not to put in the maximum effort. And I am immensely looking forward to what you will come up with next.
plumblossom chapter 5 . 8/16/2011
Oh no! what is the cordis doing there?

I think I'm in love with Jo. I even forgave the sudden switch in POV which usually pisses me off, because I like Jo so much.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/22/2011
Spectacular read! Completely engaging, and I absolutely love the dialogue and the bickering between the two main characters. Looking forward to your updates!
plumblossom chapter 3 . 7/19/2011
I am so glad I found this. I like the relationship between the cordis and Anish: no Stockholm Syndrome, just a really complicated interaction.

I was interested that the battles in the first chapter mostly took place away from inhabited areas, but that seems to not have carried through over time.
BCS93101 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
It's refreshing to see something categorized in the young adult section that's this well written.

Most of your competition is sorely lacking.

Your writing (both style and story) is consistently original and refreshing. Keep up the good work.

On a personal note, SciFi for young adult readers is geared up to be the next trend. I'd suggest submitting some samples to people with the power to get you some money from your writing.