Reviews for A Spring Melody
Du chapter 15 . 3/20/2016
This was so, so beautiful. Again, I'm crying rivers right now. I am absolutely in love with this story. It felt so real. You are amazing at protraying emotions. All three of your stories have by far exceeded my expectations. They've all played with my heart, but this one probably got to me more, even more so than Momo.
It was such a unique plotline. I kept waiting for David to realise he had never really been in love with Maggie, even though the fact that he admitted she was a huge part of his life felt more real than any other confession he could've made. I loved every time he opened his arms for Brie. I kept wanting to plunge into his arms too. And Bryony reminded me so much of myself that it was even scary at times. I loved her character to bits and pieces.
As always, I love how you told the substory through flashbacks. I bawled with all of them, especially those with them as children. And this last chapter, with this flashback at the end... I cried myself dry. At first I was sad you hadn't written more for the story, because I greedily wanted to keep reading about David and Bryony, but when I came to this flashback ... It was just so perfect! The perfect ending for such a beautiful story.
Your writing is truly a gift. You are exceptionally brilliant at conveying emotions. There wasn't a moment in this story where I didn't feel something gripping at my heart, and I love that. It's sad that your stories haven't gotten all the credit they deserve. In my book you're one of the best authors on this site.
Best wishes :)
Du chapter 3 . 3/19/2016
Oh damn, why do you write such wonderful stories? I'm only up to chapter 3, but this flashback made me cry so, so much. There is something about a child's innocence and vulnerability that always gets to me... And this was so sad and incredibly sweet. I can't stop the tears, but I'll keep on reading. Thank you for writing such realistic characters and stories...
justme chapter 3 . 9/22/2015
the meeting was romantic. i couldnt think of anything better
justme chapter 2 . 9/22/2015
Aww... this is the saddest story I've read for a while. Brie and David are so different, and i think it will take more than just a little willpower to have them stay together. I mean, I pity David because he looked so, alone and left out. Like he has yet to find his place in this world, and maybe move on but is to tied on the spot to do so. I think he's... just, scared to fail, so he keeps himself in the bottom, and would wish for nothing more than for his best friend to stay with him. but, she is'nt going to, because she's someone who has a strong personality that knows what she wanted and would do everything to get it. i feel for her, because i too liked moving forward, but i pity David because by the way things go, it seemed like at the very end he'll be left to stand for his own, but would be too devastated or scared to STAND.
shadyrecords chapter 15 . 11/30/2013
Really good work by the standards here. Thanks.
Therese chapter 15 . 10/14/2012
Do you know I was squealing as this story came to an end? And I just said: Best. Story. Ever. Granted, y'know I say that as a story comes to a climactic and happy, fluffy, fulfilling ending. But geez, it sure did take them awhile to get there - and it astounds me in a way that it took only 15 chapters of their history to get there. You did a successful job of portraying their relationship, and somehow letting it come full circle. Wonderful job!
Guest chapter 15 . 3/15/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that was so cute! especially the end! this was so in tune with reality ! LOVED IT!
ChocoResha chapter 15 . 9/28/2011
Awwww! It's sad to have the story end so soon. I mean, you had a great flow and pace going, but I'm just a bit sad to know that I won't be reading about Bryony and David any more ): Anyway, I think this whole story is great. Greater than great; awesome. :D I absolutely love it! Amazing job, Quix I'm not usually into sad-ish or even slightyly angst-y stories, but for some reason I felt compelled to read one chapter after another of this fic. You kept me wondering about what was going to happen next and look forward to the next chapter. :)
Brightheart chapter 15 . 9/16/2011
i loved this story. so cute.
cybergirl chapter 15 . 9/2/2011
Ok let me start out by saying i am shocked at how few reviews you have gotten on this story. I just finished reading it and it was amazing! The ending was very cute, the flashback was such a perfect way to end the story and now I am going to check to see if you have written anything else!

~Cybergirl
Jayne chapter 15 . 8/23/2011
Wow, I just finished reading this and I absolutely loved it. This story made me cry, made me laugh and made me smile. It was beautifully written and really deserves more recognition. I'll be looking forward to anymore stories that you post on fictionpress!
mj0379 chapter 15 . 7/30/2011
Sweet story, I enjoyed reading it :)
checkyesdana chapter 15 . 7/29/2011
this made me so happy. An amazing ending, I adored that last flashback. This has been an amazing, well-written, properly developed story. Excellent job
Skywriter5 chapter 15 . 7/28/2011
*Sigh* This is one of the best stories on here and I loved it :) It wasn't cliche where the best friends fall in love, they first had to realize the problems in their relationship and work out their past. You did an amazing job :)
checkyesdana chapter 14 . 7/27/2011
awwwww! that was so cute! great chapter