Reviews for Redemption of a Rose
the twinkling of an eye chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
One word: stunning. Everything about your poem was wonderful.
deadkitty1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
cool. goes from a rose to a hawk that's cool! bye!
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Nice imagery, sometimes I wonder what you're really thinking when you write your poetry. Do you have deep, meaningful thoughts or do you write randomly and let others give it meaning? Anyway, once again it has your almost signature sad/depressing ending. "A single stained petal.a warning."
FairyKun chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
Okay...! It's fine! It sound like the movie: Lady Hawk (just a bit)! .
Xaviera Xylira chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
wonderful beginning, ominous ending, beautifully written and deeply dark. What more could a person ask for in poetry? I have read some your poems before (and i THOUGHT i reviewed them... Short term memory... I'm SO sorry... I usually review the good and loyal reviewers i have (few though they may be)), and I really have to say, I'm pretty humbled to have you reviewing my poetry, let alone *liking* it. To me, this poem didn't come off as incredibly romantic (and that's probably because I've never been involved in any kind of romance whatsoever, valentine's day is an excuse to buy heaps of chocolate, and I try to take poetry in a way so that it holds something to *me*... I'm weird, yeah.), and I'm sorry if that's how you wanted it, but my interpretation of it... well, when I was reading it, I thought of- um, all right, this is going to sound incredibly stupid (you'll get used to hearing the stupidness from me), but I really saw in it loss of a loved one. Not nessecarily romantic, but a loos of someone close. and I'm not making any sense, so I think I'll just go be somewhere else now... Xavi
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
I'd have to take this poem with the romantic based interpretation, since it seems like a poem that is about a break-up...maybe...it just seems that way, I guess. Especially with the single rose petal acting as a memory, whereas at the beginning the rose lay in his hand as he, I guess, lay dead on the ground...sort of...I think. Anyway, I really like this poem; It's got a catchy rythem and actually made me feel a little...good...at the end (strange...).

(As a side note, I just read your review of my "Wahtalawgensolenism" and thought I'd explain the title to you this way; I was already writing reviews for you, so I figured why not? The poem has a lot of water imagery, and so the title actually breaks down into "Water Logged Soul," or more so as a term I made up to describe someone who's soul has been overcome by something, something like sadness or joy I suppose. So there you go, the inside scoop so to speak.)
Meghanna Starsong chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
*blink blink* each poem is better and better!
AaZz chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
interesting yet likeable
Ellerfru chapter 1 . 12/15/2001
Oh, this is so good! Deep, just the kind of poem I like.
MoshiMoshiQueen chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
very dark! i love it!
Veronica Cereta chapter 1 . 5/30/2001
Holy Cow! You are an excellent author
Obake chana Kurama lover. He uses a rose whip chapter 1 . 5/23/2001
First thing that comes into my mind is: Kurama(sorry , this is going to be a wacky "review" again)! HEEEEeee! Rose boy! Anyhow, anyways...it starts out very mysteriously (in my personal opinion) Like "What's happening there!" Yea. Cool. The third stanza's the best there. Heehee. Devour devour. *MUNCH!*!*!*! I think it would be good as a yomikiri(a one episode story). My imagination goes wild while reading your poems. I dono why. It's a compliment. Yes. Keep up the good work! Ganbattene!( _ )p " -yea
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 5/23/2001
Wow!... that was.. deep. haha, remember our phone conversation, Emerald-san? Ahh... what to write, what to write? This is how I interpreted the poem. It touches me with the impression that this was a "deadly" love. The man was dead, correct? And the rose... for me, that's a sign of love. The last phrase, "A single stained petal remains as a memory, as a warning," very powerful message about "deadly beauty". That's so cool and mysterious! I love this Emm-chan! It'd be even more awesome if you turned this into a prolouge for a story...
Lily Signed Review chapter 1 . 5/23/2001
That... was.. good! Please keep writing, I loved it!