Reviews for If You Really Knew Me
iZen chapter 12 . 10/27/2012
Thanks for making me feel better. When you are at my worst it feels good if someone try's to cheer you up. They're lying when they say they don't need you. They need anyone to talk to to help ease the pain. I wish I have someone to help me...

Anyway this essay is beautiful. Really helps me right now. I have depression and it's not going well, but this helped me. I just want to say thank you even though this isn't for have no idea how lonely Iam now
Carrie Thibodeau chapter 12 . 10/17/2012
If you really knew me, you'd know I love to laugh
If you really knew me, you'd know I love my mom
If you really knew me, you'd know I have depression
If you really knew me, you'd know I tried suicide 2 times in the past year
If you really knew me, you'd know my dad use to call me fat when i was a kid
If you really knew me you'd know my dad left when i was 6
If you really knew me you'd know my step dad physcally abuses me and my mom
If you really knew me, you'd know I have resetmint towards my mother
If you really knew me, you'd think I was nothing like everyone else thinks of me
KayaWhite chapter 12 . 9/26/2012
Really inspirational story, I might even follow your advice :)
Alyx J Pierce chapter 12 . 6/28/2012
This is amazing. The whole story almost brought me to tears. Hiding your true self is a reality for almost everyone, especially teenagers. This story can help break the barriers that hold us captive to what the world around us says. Thank you, and what a beautiful story. :)
thisismeCRAZY chapter 12 . 6/6/2012
i waited until i had read it all before i reviewed this. IT IS AMAZING! i'm not just saying that, it really is, i can totally relate to some of the things that some of the characters feel and think about themselves. also the essay at the end is a really good motivator and something that i really needed today. i have to admit that i have let society bring me down because of my depression and i refuse to let anyone help/let anyone in because i am so scared that they are just going to let me down and leave me to struggle on my own. when i read this i just wanted to read more, with the chapter about the professor, i wish so much that i could have a teacher like that, someone who actually wnated to help. because a lot of the people that i have spoken to, fall into two main categories: want to help but do nothing or try to help and nothing changes/everything gets worse. i just want someone to be there for me, someone who is there to help and ready to help when i turn round and ask for it, when i am ready...

i wish so much that things didn't have to have turned out like this but i guess that it is the way my life is.
alllyourlittlethings chapter 12 . 6/3/2012
I was literally crying by the end of is so beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this inspiring story!
Vylette Skye chapter 12 . 10/12/2011
I am so impressed. This is beautiful. It was interesting and then also told a message that hits home on everyone. Congratulations. This completely deserves a spot on honor.
makingdreamsreal chapter 12 . 9/30/2011
This is... wow...

I just about started crying at the end of it. You are a beautiful, amazing person, you know that? Truly wonderful. I want to share this story with people, pass it round. Because I think this is just... wow.

Thank you for helping me to feel so much better about myself. And you really seem to understand this feeling. It's not just like you've lived it, it's like you've learned from it. You are brilliant, and I am so grateful to you.

And you've told us to be ourselves, no matter what? So I will! God bless you, whoever you are. You've done a great thing for people. And it feels like He led me to this story. I don't know whether you're a Christian or not, but

-Your sister in God
Dinosaurs rock chapter 12 . 9/4/2011
This was beautiful :'). I looked at this story by mistake. Now, I'm glad I read it. Thank you. I actually cried.
SleepingWithMyEyesClosed chapter 12 . 8/4/2011
That was so intense! I loved!
BipolarUnicornMonster chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
I actually started crying. I read this vchapter and started shaking and couldn't stop. I've nver read anything more beautiful or reasuring. Never have I seen anything more comforting or anything that gives me more hope. Maybe it's time I listened to your words and started being me. Maybe it's time I started actually LIKING me. And stopped hating myself.
Aha Mason Title chapter 12 . 7/26/2011
People will hate you for writing this, only because they know you're right. But they don't really hate you. It's just an essay that could possibly save a life of someone who doesn't believe.

But besides that, I think it's wonderful, and it really does get a point across. And I believe that you're a wonderful person for writing this.
JFE chapter 12 . 7/18/2011
OH MY FRIGGIN GOD. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS. Its amazing and I am literally crying right now. I didn't think anyone would really care about me and I thought that I was alone in all of this. But thank you for proving me wrong. You GMH :)
morgo7kc chapter 12 . 7/10/2011
Thank you so much for writing this. It is amazing, apsolutly amazing. Especially chapter 9, and even more especially chapter 12. You have inspired me and built me up so much with you words, despite the fact that as you said, you don't know me. Maybe that's why this is even more meaningful. I was in awe in chapters 1-11 and 12 had me crying all the way through. Not bad crying, more of an overcome crying. I can't give enough thanks to you for writing this beautiful piece of literature. I'm at a difficult time in my life and reading this gave me hope. What you said couldn't be more true, and you've woken me up. I might not be all alone like I thought, and It's possible I'm not as messed up as I've considered myself. Fantastic job. And thank you.
Marissa Kaplan-Taylor chapter 12 . 7/8/2011
OH MY GOD.

I am applauding you so much for this hell of an essay. I want to cry, believe me.

I can't even write a kick-butt essay, but you can.

Let's cut to the chase:

You're about the best essay writer who's works I've had the privilege to read. You're like this rocket of words and inspiration. Keep going. Or I'll make sure the dye isn't washable.

X, MKT