Reviews for The Pleasure Servant
craftingmom chapter 25 . 10/24/2014
Hmm, I wish there was more, but I suppose I can pretty much guess what else would happen. I enjoyed the storyline overall. A couple things didn't make sense though-like Adam not wanting to talk to/thank the person who helped rescue Dominic at the border compound. I can see how you wanted for him to not know it was Richen just for plot purposes, but it really didn't make sense that he wouldn't insist on seeing the man who helped the man he loved. Richen's escape from his own cell didn't really make much sense either. I loved the emotion and drama portrayed in the story. Adam's reaction to Dominic's 'torture' was heartbreaking. I think there is good potential for this to become a great story should you decide to rewrite it- with the grammatical/spelling editing and maybe some plot inconsistencies fixed.
craftingmom chapter 9 . 10/24/2014
I've reached ch. 9 so far and I'm hooked on this story! I have very bad feeling about Richen, though...
Rise of the Rebel chapter 25 . 7/10/2014
Is this it? Is it done? I hope not. You see, I just read this whole thing, and because I'm not good at writing long reviews, I just decided to stop by and send you this little thing.

I'm not a grammar expert, and I don't pretend to be. I did notice a few grammar/spelling errors, but that happens to the best of us. My specialty is character and plot and imagination. First of all, kudos for creating such a wonderful universe. Not many authors find themselves capable of stretching their imaginations so far as to write a whole history for a fictitious nation (or in your case, a planet). So again, kudos.

Now, on to character. Dominic was kind of a Mary Sue, but wow...did the other characters make up for it or what? They did. The others were, for the most part, real and relatable and complex. My problem with Dominic is that sometimes he was too perfect, he wasn't relatable. Even Adam was kind of perfect, not complex or realistic. But I don't know...there was just something about this story that I found absolutely addicting. And this is turning into a long review.

I loved the plot. That was just...brilliant. Dominic becoming a pleasure servant, getting kidnapped and everything else...perfect.

Honestly, I'm a sucker for a good villain. And by 'good', I mean a villain that is so well-written and so horrifically evil that I just wish they got more 'screen time', as the saying goes. Someone who actually poses a threat, someone intelligent and manipulative. In other words, don't hate me, but I liked Alistair.

Anyway, I wish there was more. I feel like diving into a plotline involving Richen's trial and how that effects Adam and Dominic would be really good.
drake.blaze chapter 25 . 11/10/2013
Glad to see you back. I can get being occupied by life and not being able to work on writing.

Happy birthday.
Wisher chapter 25 . 11/10/2013
Finally! Thanks for updating. I hope you get some free time soon, and happy birthday!
Kilian Grey chapter 25 . 11/9/2013
Really good chapter and worth the wait. Hope all goes well with school and congratulations bunny, good grief, writing this well at your age, amazing. Love your work, you little sadist...
RETRO6O chapter 25 . 11/9/2013
Happy B-day! And wow. You're a pretty good author for a 15 year old (almost 16) o_O
Talysse chapter 24 . 9/3/2013
Be careful with your car!
ah... the guilty!
Kilian Grey chapter 24 . 8/31/2013
Leave it to the kids to clarify the situation. I feel for them both, it is a crappy scenario, but I love it. Good work.
Wisher chapter 24 . 8/31/2013
You updated! I now officially love you 3

I loved David here. But, honestly, I really like David and Aziz. They don't really deserve to be nobodies in the palace, even if they are cared for and well-loved. They should become someone important! They always end up dismissed to Miss Randihura, poor things :'(

Enjoy your car!
drake.blaze chapter 23 . 8/7/2013
Danial's going to always be the mediator, isn't he?

Again: did you HAVE to stop there?
Riayl chapter 23 . 7/31/2013

*pokes Adam with a stick...hard*

Suck it up big boy, cuz you've suffered soooo much (note the dripping sarcasm).

*ahem* Uh, yeah, sorry, got a little carried away there, but I'm firmly on Dominic's side and no rational argument on the hows and whys of helping Richen could have turned out bad will change my mind on that. I've been where Dominic is at and everyone around him is beeping lucky he's functioning as well as he is and allowing them to be near him at all, so.. er...right, foaming at mouth again, sorry. lol

Anywho, looking forward to the next chapter. Condolences on starting school again. *grin*

*goes back to poking Adam with a stick*
Kaylin881 chapter 23 . 7/30/2013
Yay! More Daniel! I like Daniel as a character, he's a nice guy and not as hot-headed as Adam can sometimes be. That's not to say that I want either Dominic or Adam to end up with Daniel, though - they have to stay together. I just hope Daniel finds someone; he's too good to stay alone. He deserves someone of his own to love.
Kilian Grey chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Poor Dominic how naïve to believe Richen would never be found out. The twists you take are very entertaining. Thanks for another great chapter.
Riayl chapter 22 . 7/26/2013's...Nooooooo... *desperately waiting for next chapter* Does it make me a horrible person for wanting to see Adam grovel on his knees for a long long time? *twinkle*
94 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »