Reviews for Hera's Legend
hera134287 chapter 8 . 1/17
please write more chapters. i was so upset when you stopped the academy of the gods. now you stopped this. please update soon.
Rose Moriarty chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
So far, I'm a little confused by what's going on. I don't really get how these people are the gods but didn't know it, or if that even IS the case... and if it IS the case, how come they take it so... casually? Also, I agree with World - two many characters at once leads to much confusion. It's true, you did an excellent job with telling us about who the characters are and what they're like, but it was seriously hard to keep track of all of them and honestly half the time I didn't even really know who you were talking about. I didn't even know Helen was the main character until very far in, and it would have taken longer if the name wasn't in the title.

Anyway, it is only the first chapter. Guess I'll have to read more!

VERY well written so far... on to chappie two!
Unofficially Rachel chapter 8 . 12/13/2011
Oh wow i like this story, okay no scratch that thats a lie i absolutely love it! Oh my gods! I NEED to know what happens next! LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION! okay maybe not but still! update soon!
Mszcheeky chapter 5 . 12/4/2011
I 3 this story! :3 Your show-casing a side to Hera that is gorgeous. Plz don't discontinue this story or abandon it, there's just so many great and original ideas that you can't let it go to waste. You might wanna give the other characters more dialogue, eg. Dirk/Dionysus, Haydon/Hades etc. I can just imagine Vivenne/Aphrodite tryna pair up a whole bunch of wack couples! Lol!

Can't wait fo the next update! :)
Sikari888 chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Nice story.
Nick Griffalco chapter 8 . 9/12/2011
Don't worry about chapter seven being short; it happens to all of us. We just have to except those filler chapters for what they are and move on, and if it makes you feel better it's happened to me in Nile High a couple of times, plus we got to see Helen developing her powers so that's a plus.

So as far as chapter eighth goes...well I've reread it several times so as usually I think it's great, though just a thought; you did a great job with the symbols and even threw in a few that surprised me (didn't know the crow was a symbol of Hera), and I know you said they're both the Greek and Roman gods, and I see that working sense they aren't too dissimilar, but sometimes the symbols were slightly different (for example the goat-skin cloak was a symbol of Juno, but not of Hera) so you might want to work that in somehow. So they can take the item out whenever they want them...why do I sense that's not going to end well? ) Hmm... in chapter seven Minerva said "oh my gods" but in chapter eight she said "oh my god" (or maybe it was Helen?), so you might want to fix that and you called Demetra Daphne at one point, and you called Hayden Harry.

Well all in all I think it's still coming along great, and don't worry about me, I can still make time for you so we all won't have to suffer )
the unbirthday girl chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
I liked the argument, for some reason. Maybe I'm just weird that way, Anyways, loved the chapter, and I hope you update as soon as you can!xD
Ramar chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
Woah...them carrying around those stuff? Hehe that would be weird...what is the school designed to look like, might I ask? Does it look like a normal school building or does it look more like the Pantheon or something like that? Or a mixture of the two? Nice chappie though D
the unbirthday girl chapter 7 . 9/9/2011
Funny. Glad you updated. Whoo! I wonder what happens? And so I read on...
Nick Griffalco chapter 6 . 8/22/2011
I liked how in this chapter you had them do some more stuff in magic class before that thing they do later (not spoiling for new readers). And you got the names strait this chapter so bonus points for that :)

Just a thought, but if all the gods and goddesses got reincarnated then why is Hecate there? Though now that I think about it Chiron got reincarnated too, and he's an adult, so maybe the same applies to Hecate and Circe?

I like how you described magic, with it kind of being like manipulating their powers as gods, but also having a method and process to it, kind of like Egyptian magic (but then Egypt did influence certain Greek concepts about magic).

Well I'd say it was worth the wait, and I can't wait for more D
the unbirthday girl chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
It was funny, and trust me, I know all about procrastination. I have joined NAP, the National Association of Procrastinators. Quite an acronym, huh? I really liked the chapter, and I feel bad for pointing this out, but I'm sorta confused. If the gods were all reborn, how did Hecate survive? Was she reborn before them or something? Anyways, loved the chapter,keep writing please!:)
Dragonclaw289 chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
I like your story so far. though all the new characters are a little overwhelming, and them excepting the fact that there all gods so fast is not so believeable for me.
but I can't wait for the next chapter:)
Nick Griffalco chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
It may have taken a while but I thought it was a nice chapter :)

Just a thought, Minerva said they had English but I don't remember seeing that in the list of classes; also I think you called Demetra Daphne, but it only happened once, also you called Haden and Herman Harry and Henry again.

Sounds like they've got a good schedule, though personally I would have gone with geometry for the math since it was invented by the Greeks (algebra was invented by the Muslims, but then again it was influenced by Greek mathematical thought, so I guess it could work out).

If it feels like I was being a little negative I apologies, I was just pointing some things out, and really it was a great chapter and I can't wait for more :)
Nick Griffalco chapter 4 . 7/19/2011
That school must have some big heating ducts if all of them could if all of them could fit in, but what do I care? You see it a lot is some many different things, plus it was funny :P

I'm with Minerva, maybe they shouldn't read that book, in Greek mythology bad things tend to happen to people who know too much about the future, just ask Oedipus.

Hey just a question, in the last chapter Herman said y'all, is he from the south or something? I only ask because the only people I've heard use y'all (as opposed to you guys) are from the south (well unless they're a rapper or black, not stereotyping or anything just speaking from what I've encountered).

Nice touch with the conversation between Helen and her mom, it gave it a realistic touch and showed that underneath all the mythological connections and stuff they're still teenager going thru teenager things (or whatever you call it :)

Wow it was hot today, but what day this past month hasn’t been deadly hot where I live? Well I'll I cool off and you write more, k? )
Nick Griffalco chapter 3 . 7/12/2011
Hey, thanks for the shout out! (fingers crossed that reviews come to both of us).

Well you did a great job on those mythology factoids, and bonus points for the mention of Mulciber as one of Hephaestus' names.

Hehe, technical difficulties with the microphone, little touches like that add to a realist feel, as was Helen still questioning everything.

Just being a little picky here, but since it is 2011 that means 2001 was 10 years ago (well a few months from now it will be anyway). So 9/11 was caused by gods...interesting.

I thought you explained why they'd all been reincarnated well, though I'm kind of curious as to who was rebelling against the Olympians. I liked how you showed elements of their godly nature shining thru (like with Zach at the assembly), but at the same time they're just like typical teens (like with the bit at the end, which I liked by the way), guess they'll have to fight against their godly sides in order to stay in control.

Maybe you could at the end of each chapter put a list of the characters and their counterparts that have been introduced so far, just a thought to consider.

Well it's looking good, I love you for the shout outs, and I can't wait for more )