Reviews for The Topography Of Silence
morningstorm70 chapter 15 . 10/21/2012
Oh not happy, should not be in the completed area.
Now there is no way to find out what happens within him.
or-otherwise chapter 15 . 8/29/2011
You're... not finishing this?

Oh. O.O

Well, although it does sadden me to hear that you don't intend to finish this work - it really was quite an engaging and dynamic story - it's equally exciting to hear about your prospects to publish in the future. I'd go out and buy your works if you published them, really. I admire your talent as a writer and think you really have the necessary potential to make it past the cuts. Keep me posted if you do publish, and I will certainly apportion you my patronage, because you certainly deserve it.

Good luck in your future novelling endeavours!

Shamalan Grey chapter 14 . 8/15/2011
Is just me or do all the adults give of this vibe that says they want to rape Ankle? I seriously fear for his safety, dude.

-Shama
ScarfK chapter 14 . 8/5/2011
Great story! It's a nice easy read that has made me desperate to know what's going to happen between Siede/Maxim. Looking forward to the next update.
or-otherwise chapter 14 . 7/27/2011
*sniffles* When you put it that way, you make me feel so special/important... XD

You know, I'm sure I must sound like a bloody broken record by now, but brilliant chapter again, as always. I love how all the different sections in a chapter might be strung together, but at the same time they also have this disassociated feeling to them that mirrors Ankle slowly going mental. Very clever, very skilled on your behalf. Cheers to you~.

Mm, you've given me the inspiration to finally bring back to life my most favourite ADHD-narcoleptic-insane protagonist ever after almost giving up on that story. Must go write...

Update soon!

Stormyclouds chapter 14 . 7/26/2011
Good chapter! Update again soon!
or-otherwise chapter 13 . 7/21/2011
Wait: you wrote it at 23:43? Hahahahahahahaha~ just wait until you start writing everything at 4 and 5 AM after being up for over forty eight hours~. Then you get the really crazy sh*t - the kind that you look over a week later and kind of go "What the /hell/ was I on when I wrote this?"

Not that it matters. Your writing is fabulous at any time, apparently. Although, honestly, I worry a bit for Ankle at this point~. "Diabolical" is a bit of an understatement. :D

Wish I could leave a longer review, but I've got summer homework that needs attending to. Another fabulous chapter, as always. Update soon!

or-otherwise chapter 12 . 7/18/2011
There's a good reason why band camps are in a complete league of their own when it comes to camps. After going through one of those, any sexual entendre thrown your way can be taken in unaffected stride. XD

So the eighth and ninth grade guidance counsellor at my school (looks like god damn Wolverine) is like an exact replica of Mister Siede - minus the perverted minor molestation and all that, of course (I hope...). Textbook psychological drivel and naivety-driven therapy rubbish and all. And after in the past having a circus of therapists myself who couldn't seem to solve anything without the help of drugs and cheap consolation, I despise adults who are so /stupid/ enough to buy into that claptrap and think it actually works.

Although, part of my dislike for Mister Siede might just be because he's got the makings of a rapist. /Might just be/, you know.

Update soon! God, this is getting good. It's like watching a stained glass window shatter~. Can't wait for this extra-smuttiness you speak of (apparently "smuttiness" and "smuttier" are somehow both words).

thisaccountisclosedthanksbye chapter 11 . 7/14/2011
Love what I've read so far! I like the narrative voice - it's really chatty and casual (all the "and shit") but still well written. I hardly saw any spelling mistakes and whatnot.

All this zipwire stuff is pretty tense. I'm such a wuss when it comes to heights, even reading about them. Nice cliffhanger at the end there - almost literally as well, hah.

I look forward to more :)
or-otherwise chapter 11 . 7/14/2011
Oh, it's no trouble at all. Good luck with Topography, and my offer to beta anything else you might want reviewed will always stand.

What goes on in band camp... well, let's say it's something less along the lines of "warm-up exercises for three hours at 6AM" and more along the lines of "twenty uses for valve oil you never wanted to know of." XD I'm completely serious. Last time, we lost a kid at a theme park and were sitting in the parking lot for three hours while they tried to find him. A friend and I snuck out of our room before sunrise and actually walked down to a Starbucks for its 6AM opening. Oh yes, and then there was the prank calling the conductor at midnight and the slipping laxatives into one of the chaperone's meals...

"Peace" retreat, indeed. At band camp, the game is *war*.

or-otherwise chapter 10 . 7/12/2011
Eh, it's been a while since my last review, so I should probably follow proper reader etiquette and leave you a review. Praise again as always, for this chapter and all the ones before it since my last review.

I'm curious, though, as to what gave you the idea for this Camp Mason and all its associated activities - was it some kind of personal experience? I mean, I went to a pretty insane band camp one year - believe me, that was *bad* - but it still wasn't anything like this. Do places like this actually exist? XD

You're very quick at updating, congrats to you~. Keep it up - I'll be reading!

chuet chapter 9 . 7/7/2011
Another nice chapter. No camp is complete without a lake. I like how you include all the Irish slang, hah. A very nice touch.
Shadow951 chapter 9 . 7/6/2011
Really cool story. Update pwease :) 3
chuet chapter 8 . 6/30/2011
I really dig every chapter of this. Ankle is pretty bomb. Your writing style is amazing, breathtaking in some instances. Looking forward to the next update.
chuet chapter 7 . 6/30/2011
Once again, I gotta say all your characters are pretty cool and well-developed. I'm a little curious about Cresil, and I'm curious to see if he's going to have any further involvement in the story besides being a bully. Keep up the nice work.