Reviews for Silver in Eillen
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Seems like a solid start to a story, although it throws names pretty rapid fire at the reader. I do like the general premise though-a more economy-oriented fantasy would be a very refreshing change of pace from the usual fare the genre has to offer. There aren't any particular spelling or grammar quibbles I have with the intro (always a plus), so I'm going to have to hold off on critiquing further before I see where this is developing.
SeekingStarlight chapter 20 . 10/28/2011
Questions:

how come there are so little reviews to this? O.O

Predicaments:

i sense a great continual of a great story coming this way...

Praises:

wonderful, wonderful and wonderful! Would like to know more about Venturos, the Renua/Eillen contrast is quite masterfully depicted, Vespasian... just imagine a wide grin XD And the not-so-but-very-so-renaissance... amazing.

Chocolate:

A heavy expanse of dark bitter-sweet, enveloped in folds of silvery-white foil. Like shards of ancient statues, slivers of hazelnut are frozen in the sea of honey touched sweetnes, underlined by subtle traces of cinnamon...

Keep up the good work! ;)
SJR chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
You could not imagine my surprise when I realised you were the author of this novel! lol I've been meaning to read this for ages! The concept is one so unique that it immediately stands out from everything else on the 'Just In' pg - congratulations there, then, for such an impressive ssummary.

The only problem I might have is that with so many characters of long, obtuse (yes, it is supposed to be that way, dw I know) titles being introduced all at once it suddenly becomes quite difficult to remember who is who. Some characters stick nicely in my mind and others do not. But perhaps that was what you were going for and I'm sure I shall become more familiar in later chapters.

The first chapter, though short, gives a good snapshot of the scene and life into which the reader is about to embark. I particuarly liked your details about Cornelius - not only did they make me smile but they were also shockingly real as well.

All in all, exactly what I expected from such an imprerssive summary.
AwRiter chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
No one has reviewed this story . . . REALLY? I, for one, love it . . . the plot line is truly inspired, and you're a skilled writer. Good job.