Reviews for Survival
Elvisandthehippo chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
As religions go, Chirstianity is so depressing. It just doesn't seem to be to the benefit of Christian theology that, somehow, through hell and high water, humanity is finally starting to achieve freedom from famine, disease, war, poverty (especially the first two). Of course horrendous problems still face the world, but overall things are better now than they have ever been.

On this absurdly overpopulated planet by evolutionary standards, nearly 7 billion members of a species called homo sapiens have somehow managed to coexist without destroying itself, against all prediction. I think this is one good reason not to be swamped by despair about the world. I certainly don't believe it is 'doomed.' Its such a common belief that the 'End' is just around the corner - but it never arrives, does it?
Pen Knight chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Short but very much to the point. It is indeed often depressing for a Christian to live in this world, but that's a cross we must bear.

Your third paragraph made me think of Psalm 8:4-5. The natural world and its beauty truly is one of God's greatest gifts and one I have took much delight in.
Jacky Wolf chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I agree with your message. However, your comparisons are not parallel. You compare the transgressions of society with the virtues of nature, which does not work well. You need to compare the good and bad of either society or nature. You also make some vague and rash assertions. Not everyone who "attempts to save souls" are seen as a "muderer and bigot." In fact, I can't think of a single example. And what do you mean by "save souls?" Convert them to Christianity? What is this sin that shrouds the world? Morals are not inherent, after all.

I love the nature and find inspiration in it, yet I think there is more hope in the kindness of those who do not give in to greed or corruption; in those who choose to help others out of genuine kindness, not because it provides self-satisfaction.

This is what I would write about. Of course, you don't need to take my advice. I hope it helps, though.