Reviews for MerX Project Logs
Guest chapter 7 . 6/13
This was interesting to say the least. I think it could have been a little more longer, detailed, and could have had more development. I didn't agree with the abusive relationship, no matter what excuses you made for it. Mad, crazy, obsessive possessiveness is mad, crazy, obsessive possessiveness no matter what. Of course maybe you were getting at something, I think this story was just super rushed and I'll just delude myself into thinking that Monroe got help for his psychotic, obsessive tendencies that make him carve out his name onto his lovers' back. And also delude myself into thinking that someone as sweet as Danny can honestly fall in love with a crazy possessive jailor in a matter of a few days/months? (idk timeline) who likes to isolate him and makes him feel depressed all the time. Not to also mention disfigures, scars, bites, and slams him around. Lovely relationship really. Also the almost rape scene, let's not forget about that. Maybe Danny sees something more, I honestly can't. I ship him more with Kira, the nice, kind, protective dude who always looks out for him. Monroe obviously had intelligence, I don't care about the "animal/ shark tendencies" that shouldn't be part of the equation. Monroe had intelligence, and he was moral enough to know that scientists experimenting on them was wrong, so why can't he see that abusing someone like that is wrong as well. And how can someone justify such abuse, how can Danny go back to him? This just looks like the stereotypical battered housewife who tries to justify her husbands violent tendencies. "Oh but I still love him, there's more I see..." yada yada yada. Anyway that's enough of my rant. I'm kind of glad I couldn't enjoy this story, it would scare me if I didn't see the flaws (of course the flaws are just my opinion, others might be fine with it) of Danny and Monroe's relationship. If you would like to reply to me, I'm on as Ether Morlon, same name for A03.
freak-joy-spastic chapter 7 . 12/16/2012
I really love this story. The (last 2 chapters) felt rushed, but overall did give a spence of ergeny like the climax of a longer story would. I'd love to read more about these characters. A lovely ending for all the experiments would be nice. Hope your plot bunnies remain merciful. Happy writing. }
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 7 . 8/28/2011
cute story. thanks for sharing! you're great, gingerninja!
Nomore1234 chapter 7 . 8/12/2011
woo, can't wait to read the other one.
Nomore1234 chapter 6 . 8/12/2011
Olivia ain't all that smart if she didn't figure out why Monroe is rough wit Danny. I'm suprised that Danny is not missin' Monroe either because i remember he growled when someone was showin' Monroe attention.
Nomore1234 chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
ya have a interestin' way of writing this story :P at first i got confused but than i realized what ya were doin', a log of the events and the events themselves, nice idea :P hope to see an update soon.
StaticEmbrace chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
This is an amazing story and the development of the characters is both realistic and a little unnerving. From the very beginning the story draws the reader in and the facts and scientific names that the story contains make it seem like an actual scientific research log.

The spelling in several cases, as well as misplaced words and grammar errors make it very hard to read though. There were many times when "I" was left lower case, words were repeated, replaced with similar sounding words, or left out altogether.

This really should have been beta-read or at least run through a spell checker because it has the potential to be an amazing story and the errors detract from it.

I give this a 2.5 out of 4 stars, for the sole reason that it was really hard to read and understand. If you were to fix the grammar and spelling issues it would get a 4 out of 4, hands down.

Despite the difficulty to read, I really want to see where the plot goes from here; you've taken a rather campy sci-fi idea and put a unique spin on it, and I'm really excited to see what happens next!