Reviews for Diablo
cion chapter 31 . 7/24/2013
I think I finished all 31 chapters in an thirty minutes. I suppose the relatively short word count helped, but I was honestly so intrigued that I had to continue. I know I said this before, but you did such a wonderful job capturing the voice of a naive, innocent, and simple little girl. Amelia made me laugh and smile at her childish antics. Her redundant, sometimes off tangent and whimsical style of writing realistically reflects that of a true young girl - too young to understand the seriousness of her family's situation and to spell big words on her own, yet mature and caring enough to hug doors to mollify the house, to draw a crude likeness of Pot to comfort her brother, etc. I love Amelia. She is a sweetheart, and a bright, curious child whose promise was tragically cut short. I can't say that this story terrified me, but it made for a believable and entertaining horror story that I will remember for a long time. Beautiful job! I even got my brother, a picky and critical fan of horror, to read this story; he loves it. I will be reading the prequel and sequel very soon!
cion chapter 8 . 7/23/2013
I'm only on chapter 8, but already I am so hooked! You have captured the essence of a young girl perfectly. Her train of thought, her logic and reasoning skills, her voice - it's all so amazing, yet so simple and sweet. Amelia's hugging a door to make the "mean" house "feel better" was just brilliant, cute and amusing. The fact that chapter 1 already informed readers of Amelia and her family's gruesome demise kills my hope that she will survive, or outsmart the house in some way. Fact is, they will all die, but no one knows how or why yet. And that's the great part of this story. Her diary entries provide more and more snippets of the mystery. Love it! Now, on to chapter 9!
TheodoraSzue chapter 31 . 9/11/2012
That was amazingly scary, if that even means anything. loved the suspense.
jenxrawr chapter 21 . 2/7/2012
OHHHHHHH, ok I kept reading and re-read a few missed key facts. No discrepancies!

Sorry!

Cheers, Jenny.
jenxrawr chapter 19 . 2/7/2012
(Sorry, I'm to lazy to login so I will review on anon)

Just a small question, (and I'm only on Chapter 19), you mention in Ch 1 that an Abigal Mason who I'm assuming to be the grandmother was found dead in the house, slaughtered, like the rest of the family. However, in Chapter 19 the family is mourning her passing.

I'm a little confused by this discrepancy.

Thanks, Jenny
alexandrinikkus readman chapter 31 . 12/3/2011
Chilling, you are but an ardent and incredible practitioner of minimalist writing. Truly, less is more. I salute you dear sir/madam and wish you nothing but success in all your future writing endeavours.
HeyAna chapter 31 . 9/23/2011
wow! I just don't know what else to say... I stayed up late reading Bruja then I read Diablo and I really like how you write. This is the first story I've read on fictionpress and I'm glad it's complete and it did not disapoint me. Keep it up :)
She'sALady-SoTreatHerLikeOne chapter 31 . 9/2/2011
THIS WAS AWESOME! I love how you wrote the story, and the story itself was well thought out...I'm going to read the Prequel...So I'll review that...Bye!
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 6 . 8/25/2011
CHACHACHACHA THIS IS AWESOME
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 5 . 8/25/2011
TRIPLE WOWZA! I'M SOOOOO GOING TO READ MORE OF YOUR STORIES
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 4 . 8/25/2011
DOUBLE WOWZA! 8)

*KUMQUAT*
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 3 . 8/25/2011
I LIKE THE ICE TEA THING! YOU R AWESOME! 8)

*KUMQUAT*
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
WOWZA

*kumquat*
Kumquat Luvs Unicorns chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
SO FAR SO GOOD! I SAW THE GREAT REVIEWS SO THIS MUST BE AWESOME!
theparthenon chapter 31 . 8/21/2011
I loved this story so much! Seriously, as you kept updating, I got more and more hooked. Excellent job! I can't wait to read Bruja.
86 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »