Reviews for Cassiopeia
lookingwest chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I am so behind on WCC pieces...thank you for including the prompt or I wouldn't have remembered, hehe. And you know, I never got around to reading Siddhartha and I will stop rambling now...

AWWWWW this flash fiction warms my heart. People should do little bits lie this more often they make one think, I really like that about it. This is so believable and relatable, too, especially if you've walked a dog a lot, haha. And also have been surprised when you actually locate a star constellation, of which I have felt both, so I really had an easy time connecting to the words and descriptions of this. Though it's so minimal it forces the reader, I think, to remember back to a situation they've been in like this and then that can bring back sensory things that are attune to their own memories and sights and sounds, and I think that makes it a versatile piece that could really capture anyone. I liked that you kept the dogs action and the dialogue separate, I think that made it almost like the dog was speaking which was a good move, and it made for some unique ideas of dialogue and what one can do with it.

I think my favorite line was, "She searched the ground, I searched the sky." Very strong image there.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Congrats on the Review Marathon!

I like this piece a lot. I think the idea of the person and their dog is so sweet and relateable. I also like how you alternate between the person's dialogue and the dog's actions. It's a format that works really well in the piece and it has a great flow. Especially at the end when the narrator says to take a look and then you tie it in with both of their actions. Really great job!
Stephanie M. Moore chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This is really nice.

It's wonderful how concise you are and your ability to beautifully manage the prompt in this short piece. The simplicity of it is really beautiful, and the night seems so peaceful, even though you don't include a lot of details.

The last line is perfect... it just summarizes everything. I really like how you used the second half of the prompt more than the first.

Good work and good luck with the contest.
Dragon made me do it chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Oh this is so sweet and lovely! To respond to the prompt in so few words takes real discipline.
too.much.of.water chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Oh I love this. It's so beautiful and simple and made me feel so warm inside. As much as I'd love there to be more, the unpretentious clarity of this piece has just the right amount of, well, everything. Feeling bad because I wrote over a page and never managed to capture the simple exquisiteness of your piece.

The prompt was good in that way. It was so philosophical and personal that each story was so dissimilar to the next and yeah, I just really loved this so good job :)
Findus chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I loved the simplicity of this (and that's comping from a wordy old bastard). That simple truth how you look at things differently just because of your company be it a dog, an old person or a kid. "She searched the ground, I searched the sky." Just wonderful. I got a warm fuzzy feeling from this little piece and I'm so grateful no vampires or zombies appeared in the bushes or blasted through the night sky.