Reviews for Hands Of A Monster
Keichaos chapter 10 . 11/15
Wow, that story went by really fast. It felt like the entire narrative happened in like DAYS (weeks?) and everything went to action in this chapter. It was a real fun ride, but the entire story seemed like a long one-shot. Not that I'm complaining. I actually enjoyed the hot scenes. If truth be told, I think you're getting better and much more creative describing all them sexeh tiems. Haha!

"God Help Him" seem like a play on all of the three main characters - Colby, Lucas and Ashton. Everything just went crazy in this chapter, and I was surprised to see that it seemed to be designed as a finishing chapter when it sounds like a climax one. I wonder if there'd be a resolution for all of them. Everything seem to be in a cliffhang scene. Tristan's warnings. Colby's sudden declaration of affection for Lucas. Ashton's next move. Even Lucas' plans for the future.

More? Pretty please?
Adiez chapter 10 . 11/14
I love what you did with this story, maybe it was too short for my taste plus at some point a little bit too cheesy but hey ! it's been a long time since I read some new type of storie :) Colby charactere is unique too, that why I love it ! They both make a great combinaison
Guest chapter 11 . 11/12
OMG Roger Jaminson, I think you are my FF Soulmate or something because YOUR THOUGHTS ARE MINE EXACTLY. I want a foursome of Ashton/Hoadley/Luke/Colby too! And yes, exactly in the way you said it, like the bottoms would be kissing and stroking each other while the tops...thrust hard. Lol.
thecowonthebox chapter 10 . 11/12
So they have an inferior complex. Because of that they drugged their friend ? They're assholes !
And finally Colby has a boyfriend ! lol !
Glad for Lucas.
Yes Yes please an épilogue. Can't wait. Until then take care.
Roger Jaminson chapter 11 . 11/12
Gasp. You tease.
Roger Jaminson chapter 10 . 11/12
Oh ho!

I'll be honest. I didn't see the ending coming so soon, here thinking we had a few more chapters at least. Not complaining, just saying.

I do state. Colby's last line was a little unsettling.

"'It's not rape anymore.'"

Like, I know it's a person's right to decide whether they've been violated or not, what to call it and such, but the fact Colby once considered it rape... I don't know. This sort of implies that Colby saw it as a rape, had an understanding or a coming to terms with it and decided to put in a new light. Or maybe it means that Colby saw it once as rape, discovered the circumstances around it, decided that the title rape wasn't appropriate for what happened between himself and Lucas. Okay, typing this out made me realize that the latter sounds better and makes more sense. Yay. Feeling of unease removed!

Anyway. Dude, I see you have another story about Ashton and Hoadley, which I full heartedly support. That one line about Ashton's ass firing up Hoadley got to me. Ship! Ship! Raise the sails! 'Cause we gonna ship! With that summary you got, I can already imagine it. Ashton riding Hoadley sounds so beautiful already. I can't wait to munch on that story. Not yet though. Have to review this first. Fingers... can't... type... fast... enough!

Anyway! Damn, so Tristan and Ashton drugged Colby? I mean the hint is so heavy I believe Hoadley would have trouble lifting it. I wonder why. I mean, I know why. Fun Colby and shit, but didn't one of them at least stop to think that it was their friend whose state of mind and body they were messing with.

And I feel for Colby right now. A little more than usual. You will not believe what happened to me the other day. I was beat from work and so I come home to find the rest of the gang working off their high watching Jeopardy I think. Whatever, but when I get into my bed, I notice that the other end of the bed was wet, a bit warm and just disgustingly smushy. After close inspection, I conclude it's fucking barf. I know. I know. How did I not notice it at first? And what the fuck happened? The roommate, a total innocent babe when it comes to drugs, decided to join the gang and try some. THEY CONVINCED HIM TO SMOKE AND DO A LINE IN A 1-1-2 PATTERN. Jesus Christ. I found him in the bathroom crying and throwing up. I couldn't understand the words coming from his mouth, but the kid had a bad trip. Poor baby. Even now the arrows of pity strike the heart.

I'm still really mad at the gang.

Anyway, this isn't a confession but I felt it held some relevance. I feel for Colby. It's hurts to have some irresponsible, immature, perspective-intolerant people for friends. It's like, "Wow, these are my friends. These are the poeple who I spend my time with." But with these thoughts out there, it can easily be confirmed what Tristan said as true. If Colby thought like this (and he did, didn't he?), there's that sort of condescension obvious to be found in ourselves and it's not like we're any better (Did you know apparently I let someone light a blunt while half of it was inside of me? I don't remember, but they say that's how the oarty ended.) And with that sort of logic it ties back go justifying why we've stuck around with our amigos for so long.

Ugh. I've rambled and I think I don't any sense. Sorry, just delete this if it's too horrible to read. Colby and his boys just hit home, that's all.

Anyway, that sex scene was hot. I couldn't wait for Colby to wake up enough to enjoy the awesome of getting his ass stuffed with dick. Dicks rule, man. (Don't worry. Vaginas too.) The way Lucas loses himself over Colby and vice versa.

Something that caught my attention and I was digging real hard. That light hint that Ashton sort of maybe or unknowingly likes Colby the way Colby once liked him. This idea of something that could have been is tantalizing. And with that summary about Hoadley and Ashton hooking up, I'll be thinking about foursomes. Awwwwww yeahhhh. Ashton and Colby kissing and shit while being fucked by their respective partners. Oh yeah. The only thing making this uber unrealistic is Lucas. Seeing how territorial and possessive he is, not to mention hateful of Ashton, I doubt that could happen. If only an author could... (Obvious hints are obvious)

I love this story. I love you. I can't wait to read Fifty-Fifty. I saw five chapters were up. Yay!

By the way, I blame any non sense on the lack of sleep. (Sucking your dick in my dreams)
Keichaos chapter 9 . 11/11
A special mention to June, who's "shit-eating grin" line gave me a shit-eating grin throughout the chapter, which is noticeably long, mind you, one of the unusual uber-detailed chapters. With low-smut and a pinch of plot progression. Hahaha! Also, do you watch Gotham, Calico? They also have a Dr. Thompkins there, and she's REALLY pretty (she's Inara from the series Firefly and movie Serenity, too!).

Anyways, moving on. This 9th chapter of this narrative is densely packed, like a going-away present for your readers before the Las Vegas trip. Haha! It contains a lot of insight regarding Lucas' lifestyle, how exhausting his work sounds like, and a brief glimpse on his relationship with other people besides Colby. I like this view, because it somewhat humanizes Lucas' character. That he's not cliché hot, responsible, smut-talking doctor out of a woman's dizziest daydreams. Hahaha! I actually yearn more for background information on Lucas' life.

And oh, it's so good that Lucas can now ge through Colby's bullshit. And that sex in the office. I do hope they cleaned up well after that. I bet that room smelled of SEX. Haha!
Keichaos chapter 8 . 11/9
In this chapter, there are some things you should know: Lucas is hopelessly devoted to Colby, and the young student is desperate to understand what he's feeling.

It's amazing how two people so "sexually compatible" could be on two opposite sides of the spectrum. Lucas is as honest to Colby as he was about his entire lifestyle (and disorder); meanwhile, Colby is lying so much that nothing makes sense to him anymore. The romantic spark between them seem to fizzling out because of Colby, his compulsive lying and his terrible need to use Lucas in making sense of himself; honestly, I'm starting to dislike Colby, Calico. He was mean and self-centered. Even Dark Lucas was nothing compared to normal Colby, but they are the mains after all.

Personal feelings aside, I am amazed on how you juggle these two characters in a specific scene because they are so much unlike each other that everything they do to each other is a cause for conflict. But then again, where's the excitement when you have two main characters extremely alike?
Keichaos chapter 7 . 11/8
"The Downright Impossible Colby Experience" could be a contender on your best written chapters ever, Calico! This narrative is transcendent, almost perfect, and is a summation of your writing improvements throughout the years! You spoil us too much for writing such a narrative that is a mixture of hot-marish smut and genuine emotions! Look, you even made me make a word. I'm going crazy over here!

The seventh chapter may as well be the most magical one (seven truly is a magical number). It was like the faults of the last six chapters were completely wiped off from my memories because of this wonderful chapter. It's a rollercoaster of emotions, a chaotic but coherent writing, and astounding character development.

We see the ORIGINAL Lucas in this, a version of his persona which I could not recognize at all, and a glimpse of his usual thinking. He's a realist with a touch of romantic. Personally, I get turned off of the romantic types, but the good doctor seemed to have cured my reservations regarding his type of people. He seemed like a puppy, thanking the gods for inventing the tennis ball, and how he keeps going over and over again on how lucky he was that evening at the nightmarish Gongga. I should be annoyed by this, a regurgitation of his inner monologue throughout, but it added more to the adorable dorkiness of his character (I knew it! Doctors are total dorks in love! Haha).

Of course, we also see the XColby, a creature I could not also recognize and a version that seems to be extremely reminiscent of Gavin North from Power Trip with the latter's signature poker-face-talk (Calico, perhaps you know what I mean), and his hilarious talk. All throughout the chapter, I keep on hearing his words as flat, like a robot, and it makes me laugh on how he doesn't seem to hesitate talking about the most outrageous things! "Fun Colby", well, he is freaking FUN. Although he basically remains the same in this chapter, he was a very fun part of it.

But in this case, Lucas takes the fucking gold. Kudos to you, Calico! :)
Keichaos chapter 6 . 11/8
That was an unexpected twist on the narrative style. I was just getting used to Colby's crazy antics and reactions, and now we get the POV of a more level-headed "monster".

Apparently, as of this chapter, there's more darkness to this tale, after all. I felt confused, and then angry, when it was revealed (or at least suggested) that maybe Ashton or Tristan (or both) drugged him all those times. This is a complete table flip of Colby's character since the plot started with drinking and hooking up as the source of the narrative. This is a whole new ball game. I need to know more.

In terms of technicalities, this chapter is one of the better written ones. Everything flowed freely, as I didn't even notice its length and content. Plot progression is good and dialogue is good.

The only drawback would be, I guess, Lucas' sexual motives. It seemed so out of place! But he couldn't resist the boy so goodbye inhibitions. Haha.
Keichaos chapter 5 . 11/8
It seemed so fast. You know, what? I'm going to read the next chapter at once!

Oh, the fallout of Colby and Ashton was harsh. I want to see them get together again...
Keichaos chapter 4 . 11/8
"In the Lion's Cage" should be renamed "In the Lions' Cage" because of its two main powers. Lucas, the conniving little devil, and Hoadley, when English brute meets hotness. Look, I can't even type properly; this chapter is hot, hot, HOT!

Well, I'll try clearing my thoughts of unclean images so bear with me. Haha! This chapter doesn't seem to contain much plot content compared to the last chapter, and seems to explore more of the frustrations of Colby with Lucas. To be fair, this chapter seem essential to the development of Colby's character because this marks the first time appearance of a legitimate gay thought intruding his thinking. He won't be able to escape Lucas now, not mentally at least, just like how Brecken wasn't able to resist Gavin (Power Trip) and Kody couldn't take his mind off Travis (The Undressing of Travis Whitby). They are officially connected as of this chapter, and I feel it's going to get better and better from here on.

I hope to see more of Hoadley. Those English brutes... I think I have found a new liking. Hahaha!
Keichaos chapter 3 . 11/8
So, moving on to the brilliantly written third chapter, Seven Minutes in Hell (or Heaven - come on, a make out session with the obnoxiously gorgeous Ashton? Haha!).

I like the tedious little details of the Lucas character. His OCD signs - even the syringe alignment! - and the things he do to be around Colby. If he wasn't such a gorgeous physician, I'd label him a creep, but well, we get what we get; and I am NOT complaining. Haha!

This chapter is hilarious, at best, and adorable in its worst. Colby's reaction to Lucas is realistically normal, but I am starting to get annoyed with his putting-my-arms-across-because-I-don't-like-you attitude. How could he NOT fall for this adonis of a physician? Oh, right, because of a drunken hook-up with the same guy. Well, too bad he couldn't remember. I bet Lucas did some good moves.

And that prescription is golden. Prognosis is looking very good. And I want one, too! Haha!

Moving on to the next diagnostic!
Keichaos chapter 2 . 11/6
"Get the Fuck Out of Here" seem to set up the future chapters' theme - the nature of Lucas and Colby's relationship - and how it would affect his life. I like how down-to-earth Colby is compared to the ultra-rich guys of this mysterious university-town, and how everything seems like a new thing for him. It gives a connection to the readers. Although, the mentality of the rich characters seem comical, very uber-like, and it's quite a crazy ride.

One thing I don't really like about this chapter would be Colby's sexual ambiguity, and how it's very minally referenced in his inner monologue. In normal times, when a guy has a drunken hook-up with another dude, the gay-doubting-conflict overtakes his train of thought. Or at least, I think it should.

This chapter is good, but not without its small drawbacks.
Keichaos chapter 1 . 11/6
Hello, Calico. I am back. Sorry for my absence, and school has been taking my attention these past few months. Anyways, I've seen you update Hands of a Monster, and I thought it'd be a nice comeback.

Good setup, I guess. All three mains seem to be working quite well, character-wise, despite being in borderline man-personality clichés. I like the fact that this story takes place in a university, straying off from the usual high school drama settings. Ashton and Tristan seem such terrible friends, always unmidful of Colby's limitations, but hey, we have a story because of them.

We have yet to see this smouldering other main. :)
281 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »