Reviews for Ink and Ballpoints
GrangerDanger333 chapter 26 . 7/18/2013
I don't think I could say I *liked* this exactly, but it was well written and a very interesting read. I don't think I'd read it again but I do think you're a brilliant writer and I want to read other stories of yours now to see how well you write other stuff. This one was written in a very particular way (with brackets and italics for William's thoughts etc.) and that really added to the general creepiness of his point of view. But damn, that was so creepy and sad and the end made me all anxious for Anthony. But really, well done on writing it convincingly!
DarkestNite chapter 10 . 1/20/2013
I thought this chapter was good, not bad at all... I vote yes for some parts to be in Anthony's pov
DarkestNite chapter 7 . 1/20/2013
I'm a little confused...
DarkestNite chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
Great chap, like always.
DarkestNite chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Aw, I wonder if the next chapter will have some action in it.. or maybe Will-y slips and pins Anthony to the wall and *CHU* they kiss! :) That sounds like a good story to me... Heh, I gotta listen.
skylove chapter 26 . 12/21/2012
This story was writen so well. I was completely creeped out. Like a really good Drama or thriller. I dont understand why anyone would give you a negative review yet watch all of the horror movies and shows out there. Its all just a form of entertainment. Great job.
InBetweenLetters chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
amazing and I loved it!
goudacheese chapter 26 . 7/9/2012
This was just - I honestly don't even know what to say right now, I'm kind of incoherent. Just. I feel kind of - very - disgusting for even reading this, and I can't even imagine what it must have taken for you to write it, but god, I admire that. I admire the way you took such a - difficult? seems like an understatement, more - disturbing topic and you were able to create something like this with it. Fiction is - I mean, we have a right to explore with our fiction, I just don't know if I, personally, could ever go into something like this, but you did, and what you came out with is kind of incredible. I don't. I mean. I don't even know what kept me reading, because this kind of stuff, this subject matter, it just - it disgusts me, but. I really, really, really love your writing style, the style you used in this story. It's poetic and beautiful and I love the way you used the parentheses and man, I wish I could write like this.
Maybe I will come back and like - review about the characters and specific things and etc later, but right now I'm just kind of overwhelmed. Honestly though, don't take any of this in a bad way at all. This was, I think I said earlier, incredible.
Nanumi chapter 26 . 6/15/2012
...a horrific plotline. Absolutely horrific. For the same reason, though, that 'Lolita' is horrific; because of the capitulative element, be it real or imagined, between the abuser and the abused, which are arguably interchangeable roles. I didn't want to keep reading but I had to. This is a sick, twisted, disgusting masterpiece.
bbbee chapter 26 . 3/31/2012
You said at some points you were worried people would think you're (insert bad word here) for writing this...and uh, I feel kind of the same way for reading it. There was just something about the summary, though, that made me unable to NOT read it...so I did. It was indeed...disturbing. But there's also some strange catharsis in reading a story like this. The ugly of the world needs to be explored just as much as the pretty...and I think you did a wonderful job at that!

Thanks for sharing.

hugs
Rubedo Jr chapter 26 . 3/24/2012
And at last, the end has come. I think the best way to describe everything, in one word, would be "frustrating." Not for me, mind you, but for the characters. The frustration of not really understanding how they feel about the situation, because even though William had his way with Anthony, he was still a father/mentor/friend-type figure in his life. There's a lot of unresolved tension here, to be sure, and I do think that there's the potential for "true" resolution, but on the other hand, sometimes a story works out better if the lack of resolution -is- the resolution.

And from there everything just gets confusing.

At any rate, I'm glad to see them at least talk, and for Anthony to finally say something about how he felt, and why he endured it all. There's room to explore the character's growing over that 15 years, and I think you could do that with a short story if you wanted to go with the concept. I won't lie, I'm very pleased with this ending, but I would not be opposed to an "alternate ending" or, perhaps more realistically, an extension to the story that has the possibility of a resolution to their feelings.

That said, I still like how this ends, leaving, as you said, nothing resolved, and I think that's okay. (I will note that I did find a slight typo with this phrase (Anthony slides off the desk and stands next to his wife, holding her hand in hers again) and find that there are an awful lot of hers holding hands...

I've loved reading this story from start to finish, however, with its ebbing and flowing tension, defining writing style, the unique pov, the character's realism...I've enjoyed every minute of reading it, and dropping everything when I got a chapter update alert.

So, about that sequel...? :P

Rubedo Jr.
Failure Played In Stereo chapter 26 . 3/23/2012
i actually really liked this chapter, I think it was great to see them years on and to hear what Anthony thought. But I would LOVE for you to do more. I think that's a great idea.
Gimme Back My Pigeon chapter 26 . 3/20/2012
Though it was really sad, it was a great ending. Usually sad endings leave a reader not only melancholy, but disappointed and left hanging off the cliff. You def. made it work. And yes - definitely! Definitely make some shorts with the characters and everything! Such an awesome story.
Rubedo Jr chapter 25 . 3/18/2012
It's not at all what I imagined, or expected. Of course, as you've stated, there's still the matter of that epilogue. In the end, however, I'm pleased to see that Neil was the one to confront William and that, even despite this, he's conflicted. It feels more...human, in a way, than the dramatic pronouncement a more self-righteous character might have. There's something to that, I think, and while not everyone will agree with you, I think you made the right choice to end it like this.

That said, you still have dozens of unanswered questions, such as what will Anthony do now? How does Anthony feel about all of this, I mean /really/ feel about this...relationship? between himself and William? Will Neil be able to keep his silence? What was Anthony's home life like - we've seen references to it before, such as when he visited his father, but we really don't know much about him growing up.

I think that's everything (for now).

Rubedo Jr.
kaiesthai chapter 24 . 3/17/2012
I am reviewing this because I cannot message you. You are fabulous. This is fabulous. (Go get on tumblr I guess.)
112 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »