Reviews for Quietly Famous
prostock69 chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
Ch. 4: Poor Crispin. His English teacher is a dick. Hopefully Alex and help Crispin get over his shyness (waggling eyebrows)..lol. They are cute together!
prostock69 chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
Ch. 3: Awww, I see the mutual crush forming. How sweet! And Crispin didn't deny to his friends, Maryam and Ethan, that he didn't like Alex. I'm liking the pace of this story. I've read quite a few where the author drags things out to the point I wanted to shoot myself rather than continue reading.
prostock69 chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
Ch. 2: I was wondering through the beginning and middle of this chapter whether or not Alex knew who Crispin was. I mean, Crispin is a very unique name and he HAD to know he goes to the same school as his father's rival's son. So I was relieved when Alex brought up the feud and I got excited when Crispin said he didn't dis-like Alex. I was hoping he wasn't going to act like an asshole towards Alex because of who their fathers are.
prostock69 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Ch. 1: I really like the premise of this story. Crispin, wannabe bad boy who is painfully shy who ends up rooming with his father's arch enemy's son, Alexander. Who is a pretty boy and media darling. Love it!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
Great to see an update! Crispin and Alex and the way they communicate with each other is so cute... Now I'm going to reread the rest of this story to refresh my memory - Looking forward to more soon!
Enchantedflame chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
Yay for getting to know one another. I hope to see more soon and that school doesn't kick your butt too badly
Purple.Star84 chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
Since it has been so long since I read the first few chapters, I'd forgotten that he had selective mutism. I've been researching it lately, because in my own story (that I'm rewriting and probably annoying a few people doing so) I have a character that doesn't talk. He is also starting a new school, so he never talks to anybody.

After researching selective mutism, I debating about how to go about it. I think the way you have others treat his mutism is spot on. Most people don't understand the anxiety disorder, and think the people choose it. Though if he does have the anxiety disorder (which is how it seems in this chapter by his thoughts) I don't think he could force himself to talk even if he wanted to. (That is kind of the whole point of the disorder.) So I suppose your character is more shy than having the actual disorder.

The writing things down instead of talking is actually part of the therapy for selective mutism. So if he does have the disorder, then the relationship he has with Alex seems to go with it. If does have the disorder, whether he wanted to or not, I don't think he'd be able to talk to the professor at all.

Even if he doesn't have the disorder, I would think one of his friends my look it up online out of concern for him. Probably Ethan, because even though Maryam seems like the more proactive 'I'm going to fix this' type, she already has it in her mind that he is choosing this and could choose to stop if he wanted to.

Anyway, I loved the chapter. I just thought I throw in my two cents, since I'd been researching this subject the last few days.
Checkerspades chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
I just want to read more! I hope it won't take too long :)
Overshadow chapter 3 . 11/3/2011
You must write moar!...otays i really really hope you will. This story is cute & the idea behind it interesting. Hope to see more from you.

cheers!
closed.quarters chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
*chants* Update... update.. update.. update.. update.. update... update.. update.. update... update.. update.. update!(no copy-paste was used here, THAT's how committed I am)
closed.quarters chapter 2 . 11/1/2011
This is my 2nd review saying: Update please? LOVE the story... I'm not above bribing you with cookies *wink wink nudge nudge*

I loved the "Nerd" comment, especially that it was written and not said directly ... it made me go ROFL
closed.quarters chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I've read all 3 chapters before and now I'm reading them again 3 I'm getting really attached to your characters, I feel like this story has the potential to be one of the greats and win a SKoW! *spreads love,sparkly stuff and brownies to motivate you to write*

Really really good story D

Hope you update soon
dollop chapter 3 . 9/29/2011
I am so loving this! Need moooore! You're a good writer!
Mintyz chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
Oh I really love this story so far and I want to read more right it's been awhile since I found a story that gets me interested please update as soon as possible :)

oh sorry if my english and grammar are incorrect im really not that good at english.
sakuya chapter 3 . 8/31/2011
Really, really enjoying this. Can't wait to see more!