Reviews for The Fence
nostalgiagoat chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Nice story. I'll try to stop my self from going into the details of the whole taxing thing because I don't think that's why they fought. I will say though that the main reason why was probably because the south and the north had very different economies and both had gotten defensive of their ways (and of course there were the extremists of both sides that helped with that) and most men actually fought in the confederacy because their home state had succeeded (General, Robert E. Lee). Also the president may have been republican, but the congress (the law/tax makers) was still a democratic majority. I'm not going to say anything bad about either side though 'cause my ancestors were both Yanks and Rebs and actually fought agaisnt each other in some of the same battles.

Anyways there were a lot of brave men who died not just on the south but on the north as well. The First Minnesota went into the battle of Gettysburg with over 200 men and came out with 47

:( but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there are stories like this and memorials, so that the war isn't romanticised. And the fact is, is that the civil war had the highest percentage of American deaths in our history, because we were killing each other and I hope we won't go through anything like that again.
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Good story. Pickette's Charge?
Insamnity chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Wow. This is so powerful. The Civil War is a huge fascination for me and I think this captures very well the thoughts of a doomed man in the tragedy that was Pickett's Charge.