Reviews for Hero Complex
Char chapter 18 . 1/6/2012
This is such a great story! I couldn't stop reading :)
Xxluvbugger213xX chapter 18 . 12/29/2011
Dood. I loved this. Damn, I hope my life ends up like Miri's... Great story! It's so weird how she's a detail oriented artist... I once had this project and it took me about 6 months but it was absolutely perfect.

Speaking of which, I have a project to start! ( :

Thanks SO much for the good read!
Xxluvbugger213xX chapter 10 . 12/29/2011
This girl is awesome. Barbara Manatee is like my favorite... behind the pirates who don't do anything.

I feel like I'm reading about myself, I'm an artist. I'm so weird... only I don't live in a place where it's possible for me to meet our president's nonexistent son. *sigh*
Xxluvbugger213xX chapter 5 . 12/29/2011
LOL. Why have I not read this before? I'm cracking up! Geesh, I used to think I was funny... hehe. Miri is such a character! This story reminds me of All American Girl by Meg Cabot which is ALSO undeniably hilarious. It's got a lot of the same ideas in it, so if you haven't read it before, you'd probbbssss like it.

I also read it when I was in... like 8th grade, so it's a bit too easy of a read for me now, if I'm assuming right, you're probably my age now or older. So nevermind. ( :

I'm going to finish your story now!
Xxluvbugger213xX chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
wow. LONG time since I really laughed while reading a story, this chapter was hilarious!
tale chapter 18 . 12/26/2011
You know what shines in this story? The references to popular culture. I mean, it doesn't really make or break a story, but it puts in little giggles whenever someone reads something they recognise. You had Glee, from one of the earlier chapters, to Spice Girls and Justin Bieber and Sarah Palin. I'm sure there were others too but I can't remember them right now.

I love how Miri has this incredibly structured life and she wasn't an idiot in the way most heroines are. It was so incredibly easy to love her. She's just a likeable person that way.

I didn't quite like Johnny though. Apparently it's weird to dislike the male lead, but something about Johnny didn't cause me to go all fangirl over him. My favourite character was Drew actually, and I think I'm going to enjoy reading his and Laney's spinoff.

I can't pinpoint what is it exactly about Johnny I dislike. I dunno, something really feels off about him. Which is just majorly weird, since I tend to fall heavily in like with the romantic interest in every story I read.

I liked the story though! Miri was a breath of fresh air. The people in her life - her mother, Drew and Laney - were so supportive and caring it almost made me feel jealous of Miri. Almost. Because I am definitely not envious of being hit by a vehicle two times.
averywrites chapter 18 . 12/26/2011
So I literally just read this entire story in one sitting and I absolutely loved it! Your characters had so much chemistry and were so easy to relate to that I couldn't help but fall for them more with each chapter. The only piece of criticism I have is that at times Miriam seemed a bit too innocent and childlike but that's not really that big of a deal. All in all, great story (: Excited to go on and read Thank God for Laney McNamara now, especially since I absolutely adore Drew! (;
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 18 . 12/22/2011
Amazing :) Sweet and angsty and just awesome!
sophiesing chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
It's a cute story so far but it's a bit inconsistent. For Miriam's injuries if she had a broken rib, had surgery, and couldn't shower with her mother's help then being hugged by anyone would have been excruciating as well as when Alana was dragging her to the table, Miriam should have been in pain. I've had surgery on my midsection before and I had trouble walking normally for almost a month and was in constant pain.

Great job though
Fred chapter 13 . 12/17/2011
I really enjoy reading this but it sounds similar to a book i have heard about in which a girl who lives in washington saves the president after her art class and them she starts to fall in love with the president's son. And she becomes a national hero. The book this sounds familar to is by meg cabot - All American Girl Series. I haven't read the books but this does sound similar to what i have read/heard of them.4

However I will finish the story as i enjoy your writing style.
YellowRain chapter 18 . 12/17/2011
FictionPress writers has really been slacking lately, I believe, so I honestly can't remember the last time I've signed online to add a story to my favorites or even reviewed. Which,I must say, is pretty bad, knowing I love this site.

I can't tell you the last time I've found a story on my own through FictionPress to read. So I have been dependent on ADOR's amazing archive to find the best of the best. :) And I just have to say that I'm glad that I bookmarked ADOR. If I didn't, I would not have found this story!

I fell absolutely in love with your characters and their quirky attitudes. Every relationship is amazing and has the right amount of detail. Not too much where it becomes boring, but just enough to where I can imagine the story. I want my own dream Johnny. I have best friends, but nothing like Laney and Drew! Haha, I literally laughed the whole time while I was reading. I reacted at the right moments when it was needed, and not once did I make one of those eye rolls where the writer explains something too corny or too mushy.

This here, this is just right and just what I like.

Thanks for the amazing read! Now I'm off to read Laney and Drew's story.

FeatherfooD chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
Hahaha "Don't make fun of ugly people or they'll come back and kill you." PRICELESS! And Carrie as a bedtime story? Sounds interesting. I might have to try that the next time my little cousins visit :)
Dead Deactivated chapter 18 . 12/11/2011
Adorable. I stayed up till like 1:30 am reading this :P
The Weatherwitch chapter 18 . 12/10/2011
aww! .

*insert various excited exclamations of joy and cuteness*

loved this!

well done! xD
Lifes.Little.Secrets chapter 18 . 12/3/2011
Awe! Can't wait to read the spin off!
423 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »