Reviews for Hero Complex
realle time chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
that is carrie by stephen king isnt it :) i love how you smilfied and interfrated it
witeaya chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
ah, a great read.
witeaya chapter 8 . 10/16/2011
had fun reading ur story so far.

what's chesapeake?
SmilingSarcasm chapter 18 . 10/15/2011
It was great, I love all the art and music thrown into it. I also liked how she and her mother had a great relationship, it was amazingly cool, lol
Katie chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
i absolutely loved this! i love how you didnt just automatically have them get together after the kiss and then just have a whole bunch of fluff. KEEP WRITING STUFF LIKE THIS!
leavesfallingup chapter 18 . 10/5/2011
Thank you for sharing this well-written, beautiful story. I hope that you will continue to write many more stories in the future.

One correction: "But an entire country thinks I I'm good enough for her" You have one too many I's in the midle of this sentence.
leavesfallingup chapter 17 . 10/5/2011
Miri may heal, but she'll probably have problems later in life due to two traumatic injuries to the same area.

But at least the truth came out and the issue between her and Johnnie was resolved.

His confession was well handled and very touching. Using the painting as the catalyst for reconciliation was a nice touch.
leavesfallingup chapter 14 . 10/5/2011
Why do I have the feeling that there is more to the story behind Johnny's "misunderstanding" than meets the eye? Probably because jamaninja is a devious author who loves to torture both the characters and the readers.

Okay, must read on!
leavesfallingup chapter 13 . 10/5/2011
Being a bodyguard or Secret Service Protection Detail would be very difficult. Sometimes you would have to stand by and watch one of your young protectees doing something really stupid but you would have to stand by and say nothing.

If this were real, I would feel sorry for Tyrone. He clearly likes Miri as a person, yet he had to remain silent while Johnny made a fool of her, and himself. At least, that is what I assume is happening at this point in the story.
leavesfallingup chapter 12 . 10/5/2011
First, a correction from Chapter 11 (I forgot to send it in then)

You wrote "No, Drew invited me to the White House Christmas party last night." You meant Johnny, right?

Now, chapter 12: Excellent, touching, and a little confusing (for Miri) Judging from the titles of the later chapters, I suspect that her fears concerning Johnny's ex are valid. So, what will happen next?
leavesfallingup chapter 10 . 10/5/2011
Jealousy and confusion aside, a very fun chapter. I can't help but wonder if Johnny had ever encountered such... interesting peers before. If he has always attended stodgy schools, then this trio of friends must be a breath of fresh air to him.
leavesfallingup chapter 9 . 10/5/2011
My father wasn't President, but he was military, so I know what it is like to be the outsider among friends who have known each other since early childhood.

It was never easy. Many converstions left me feeling very, very alone. You capture that feeling well with very few words. Great job.
leavesfallingup chapter 7 . 10/5/2011
A very interesting development. The relationship is definitely growing. It will make quite and impact on her reputation to suddenly have an agent shadowing her. It may raise questions as to the nature of her relationship with Johnny.

I paint murals. It is one of my favorite things to do. I have painted them in schools, with the help of students; in orphanages, with the help of workers and the community; and in churches, with the help of parishioners. The mural for the restaurant sounds like fun.
leavesfallingup chapter 6 . 10/5/2011
I am very curious as to why the school would reject her. Is it due to concerns about a possible scandal with the President's son?

And since the Paparazzi are following them around, it is probable that they just took a photo of her hugging him... right?

O boy!
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 10/5/2011
It is interesting to me that they keep finding each other... or rather, he keeps finding her. Is it intentional, or is fate (in the guise of jamaninja) simply throwing them together. If it was me, and this happened repeatedly (at that age), I would have thought that it was a sign.

You do an excellent job with character development. As much is left unsaid as said, yet the reader can easily understand the undercurrent of the story.
432 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »