Reviews for Falling Away
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Nice one shot and it's very realistic!
Minzy chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Hey, I know you posted this a while ago, but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this one-shot! :)
Rosie chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Hey! I'm Rosie from A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that your story has been added to our site, under the category of One-Shot! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: This is one of DancingChaChaFruit's few stories that doesn't revolve around romance. Instead, it is centred around the friendship of Katie and Jessica. They've both been friends since they were little, but Jessica seems to be the more popular, 'fun' one with another group of friends, while Katie is more introverted. Unfortunately, this has caused Jessica's friends to name her 'Jessica's bitchy friend'.

I liked how the author combined anecdotes of the past to make the present more understandable. In a fairly short space, she has managed to portray the disintegrating friendship of the two girls and Katie's emotions. It's incredibly realistic about the way that people change, and made me evaluate some of my own friendships. It was bittersweet and self-reflective, and made for a well-written, interesting read.
jennynimmo chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is kind of depressing but a great job all the same! :D
freakyzoe chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I like this story!

It probably happened to a lot of people... It's very realistic, to grow up and realize you and your friends aren't in the same place anymore. Especially the last part about needing time apart to learn to be herself instead of being Jessica's friend. :)

Katie isn't perfect, neither is Jessica, and that's okay :D

PS:I really liked Jessica, she's growing up and making new friends and isn't ditching her "weird" friend just because she's not cool, but still has a limit. She feels very real to me :)
AlmostCrazy chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
That's a really cute story. Katie's adorable! haha. The writing is a bit too school-like, if you know what I mean. But it WAS a creative writing piece, so there's that.

I really liked it, it's a good short story. I still don't understand how anyone could describe Katie as "bitchy" though.
A Star In Her Eye chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
You're writing again! I'm so excited!

I really liked this one-shot. It was a nice portrayal of how friendships sometimes go and how people drift apart. It's realistic and bittersweet and that's what I love about it.

And of course, you don't need to be told this (because I'm sure you already know), but this piece is very well-written and you're definitely a gifted writer :)
Chryse chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I like the first line. It caught my interest. The whole concept for the story was also very familiar for me since a friend of mine and I went through that same old weird stage of drifting apart.

Are you planning to continue this? If so, it might help to know more about the backgrounds of the characters. It kind of feels just like a short story, though.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading it!
dimethylmercury chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I've missed your writing!

This was interesting, like a 'growing up' kind of story. I quite like Jessica's loyalty to Katie. It was sweet, and it was great that Katie knew how her friend was feeling and eventually understood where Jessica was coming from.

Thank you for posting! (: