Reviews for Chasing Jellyfish
Jillyice chapter 7 . 9/3/2011
Your self-promotion on Ink worked- I came and read this story too! I think that the characters in Ink were characterized a little better, but this was a pleasing story all the same. It was a cute ending and your writing is powerful.

Great work, Jillyice
Natalie Field chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
Cute, shot, fluffy, happy... *satisfied sigh* Very nicely tied together.

It is my duty as a reviewer to say thank you for writing this.

~Natalie
Ciao Niccie chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
*Sighs* Oh I so LOVED this story. I wish I could have done a road trip like that, at least I lived it through Charlotte. Now to see this on the BIG SCREEN... yeah? Oh and I absolutely loved "Life doesn't have backspace." I'm tweeting that... with your pen name of course ;)
Ciao Niccie chapter 6 . 7/28/2011
So, I was planning on reviewing again at the very end, but this chapter has broken my desire to be patient. At first when Jake came in to the picture I was like "Nooo, what about Adam?" And I loved Adam's patience in allowing Shar to date this guy for two weeks, what a great friend.

Plus, I forgot to mention I think this story is pretty original. Love the attention to detail and the constant mention of the "jellyfish" :)

Now on to the finish...
Luridpretty chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
This was a beautiful ending to the story. I thought that the way Adam had been drawing her so much was really, REALLY sweet, it made me d'aawwww even though I'm not usually into these sorts of things, haha. The part about the jellyfish floating away was beautiful too, I'm glad I got to read this. Thank you for posting it all :)
Ciao Niccie chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Oh who needs movies when there are such entertaining stories like these :D Makes me all the happier to have found FP. I've been procrastinating, wanting to read this story and I've finally finished enough of my own writing... Now to enjoy some leisure reading. (this is sounding more like a blog geeze.) I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters, but first some more coffee ...
Arsideus chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Perfect ending! *Blows nose on kleenex* That was a perfect conclusion to a very well written story; there's a real sense of warm and fuzzy closure. YOU MUST CONTINUE WRITING! You really must xD Can't wait to read more from you!

Arsideus
Tina95 chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Not at all what I expected - I thought he would be the jellyfish, or whatever - but I liked it better this way. :)

Beautiful story! I liked the way Shar was shown the truth and how it took place at the Grand Canyon. Seems very... right. Well done!
Tina95 chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Oh. Oh. That's how it was going to be. Wonderful. At least she had a little inspiration from the situation. Granted, at this point, the inspiration is probably not going to be a good one.

Great chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!
Arsideus chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
*Flaps hands in distress* AWEEE Adam got food poisoning! :( But you finally found your inspiration in Jake so it all works out! And I'm a sucker for Blonde guys, so now I'm crushing on Jake. And I feel like I'm repeating myself in these reviews...but that's good cuz your work is wonderful1! Take my word for it; it's not often that I crush on fictional characters! XD
Luridpretty chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
Why did the words "A CHALLENGER APPEARS" suddenly appear in my mind? Maybe because Adam suddenly has some competition...ooohhh...can't wait to see if I'm right or not, haha! I love your descriptions here. :)
Natalie Field chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
Still very nice.
Tina95 chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
Another friendly author, just looking for inspiration, I see. There is a surprising number of them. Sometimes, I wish I could do the same...

Great chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I like how you address an issue that I'm sure many people on this website have faced more than once. It makes it easy to relate to the content in this story, as well as the main character. I find it interesting that you compare her inspiration to a jellyfish - I'm trying to think of the correlation between the two. But perhaps I'm thinking too much and it's just a spontaneous term Shar decides to use in order to describe her problem. It kinda adds a little personal feel to it, something that's unique to her and her alone. An inside joke, if you will.

A road trip does indeed sound fun, and a great way to get inspiration. I also enjoy the dialogue between your two characters, because it sounds very real and convincing. Adam sounds a bit laid back and sarcastic, and Shar seems a bit more in touch with her emotional side. The fact that Adam is into art I think will help Shar in her case in finding inspiration, since both artistry and writing are forms of self expression.

This makes me want to go take a road trip. I love road trips, but unfortunately when you get sucked into the monotony of the world you don't really have time for them anymore. I'm glad Shar is getting out and doing this while she has the chance, because the ominous feeling of the world on your shoulders after you graduate high school is never a comforting thing.
Arsideus chapter 4 . 7/26/2011
I'm in love with Adam's character! He's such a sweetheart, such a rare species of the male variety nowadays! XD And this is getting interesting by the chapter, can't wait for more!