Reviews for Strings
willshakespeare-immortalbard chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Just beautiful! As a musician, I really appreciated your description of music. Beautiful! :)
samrite chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
This was very vividly written. And I don't know what the "message" is, exactly, but yes, there is something about raw, unrefined talent that has some inexorable appeal. Certain performers are so much better live than on their albums, because something untranslatable is lost in the studio version.
Arsideus chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
OMG THIS IS SOOOOO GOOOD! It's short but powerful; I'm in awe. I can't write short pieces, I'm physically incapable of doing it. But this is just perfect. And the message is sublime, so perfectly hidden in between the lines so to speak. It's brilliant! The way I understand it, Natalia is a technically perfect pianist (that is to say, she nails the theory). Being a pianist myself, I appreciate both the theory and just the raw EMOTION that gets put into a song.

Natalia lacks in this area, and you marvolously suggested it.

Yes, she can play any piece of music you put in front of her, but its devoid of emotion. She may hit every note, get everything PERFECT-but its not as raw or real as the guitarist's. And perfection is not just about getting everything PERFECT-its also about letting go and ENJOYING yourself. So again, Natalia fails in this area.

I prefer to play by ear, and its because of that specific preferance that I applaud the guitarist and your actions. This is just how I see this story, but it can be interpreted in many different ways, which is why it's truly very, very well done!

I love it, keep up the great work!

Arsideus
Caracol39 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
First of all, let me say that this is a great piece. I love how you're able to create a full story in such a short amount of space, and how every action you include has meaning.

All right, I feel like I have to take a shot at the message of this story. What I got from reading this was, you don't have to have special training to be able to share your gifts with the world-as shown by the street performer- and sometimes it's better to share what you have with others than to keep your talents locked up (a la Natalia). I'm not sure if that's what you meant to say, but that's how I interpreted it at least.

Again, great job!
Tina95 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
How do you do that? How can you write such a wonderful story in such few words? As always, your descriptions were amazing and I like how you can, in such little room, describe your characters so well.

Beautifully written, as always. :)