Reviews for Sulfur
ChocolateCookie chapter 22 . 12/24/2011
oh no! I read on your blog about your hardrive. That's terrible! But I'm glad you're keeping on with Scorpion King. It's so easy to just lose a heap of data and then give up in frustration.

I'm pretty sure 'had taken' should be took and 'had rolled' rolled since you're writing in present tense you don't need to use the remote past.

his scruffy chin dangling with dirt and detritus... dirt and detritus hanging from his scruffy chin. Otherwise it makes it sound like his chin is dangling from his jaw or something.

he'll see though my facade... through

I'm sure this is explainable with twisty lanes, but 'striking out west...' and then 'Bomani points to the east.'

'their howls ululating' I had to look it up, but doesn't this just mean their howls howling?

provoked by my warm... warmth

before us like curtain ... a curtain

I really like the dialogue between the two this chapter.
THE BNZ chapter 22 . 12/23/2011
I am truly sorry for the loss of your hard drive, but I'm glad you found a way to make it better (personally, I would have flipped out and threw my laptop across the room). I bet the new version of The Scorpion King will be amazing.

Yay, another slow chapter! I am enjoying these, although they are getting kind of stressful now that K is all nervous with B. I was completely sure that, at least after the bonus chapters last book, B would totally reciprocate any feelings for him that K had, but now I'm getting a bit worried. Did his misadventure into Death leave him an emotionless shell, only putting up the facade of feelings for K's benefit? Because that would suck particularly hard. (I just decided that I am going to call them by their initials now. I'm sorry.)

I'm nervous about what they'll find in the tunnels! Tunnels are scary! I suspect there will be something really, really horrible in there, and they're going to be ill-prepared to defend themselves against it. Oh dear.

Anyways, again another excellent chapter. I can't wait for the next, as usual; happy holidays to you, and good luck with writing again!
AJ Garcia chapter 22 . 12/23/2011
Aww, I disliked the next chapter so much! But hey, I loved the story! Thank you so much for publishing! The ending is the best I have read in a long while! :) wonderful job!
SweetlilSunshine chapter 22 . 12/23/2011
So they got in? What will happen now I wonder, Romance maybe?
Sabi2 chapter 22 . 12/23/2011
Sorry to hear about your computer! I'm over here root for Khensa to just blurt out "I didn't love him, not really" ... lol. Thanks for the update, and have a wonderful holiday season!

Sabi2
PromptingShizzle chapter 22 . 12/23/2011
I love it, I love it, I love it!

The heart to heart in this chapter and reminicensce of previous encounters is just so heart-warming. It makes you think that finally Khensa and Bomani might just make it work. :)
frr chapter 20 . 12/21/2011
From the last chapter, sinse he kept saying "nothing" after reserecting and Kensa whispering directions to him, I thought, "Aw crap, he's blind!" But I guess he's not. I wonder how the story would precede if he were blind...
ladystrider chapter 21 . 12/18/2011
Hope you were able to recover your work from that failed hard drive! But at least finals are over!

I really like this idea of making a pause between climactic moments for the gang. This chapter was so great at having readers catch up to how the characters are feeling. On that note, oh the angst Khensa has! I love that the romance is so slow to build up because it will make it so worthwhile when Bomani and Khensa get together! Thanks for going through all this work to make sure that chapter was posted!
Daphne.Claire chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
haha, wow i had considered doing just that, buying the book, but the holidays are super expensive as it is with college apps and getting gifts for others, i can only hope that i some1 will get me the book.

im really glad for this pause in the story, too many near death experiences arent good for peace of mond lol. for now i wait for the next chapter, lol.

-ify
SweetlilSunshine chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
wow that was intense, cant wait for more
THE BNZ chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
I have decided that I like these slow, emotional chapters more than the intense, exciting chapters, because the latter are actually kind of stressful. You are simply THAT GOOD a writer.

Gosh, I love how you describe everything. And the last few lines were just perfect, just so perfect and sad; you captured her unrequited love so perfectly and just DAWWW. (But I don't think it'll stay unrequited for too long, having read the chapters of Farro from Bomani's perspective. And the chapter previews every week.)

I feel for you on the whole hard drive crash thing, and I really do hope that you'll be able to recover everything, and wish you best of luck with moving! (But at least finals are over, right?)
PromptingShizzle chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
I loved the last line the first time I read this chapter, but even more so now. :) It's actually really intersting to reread the story because I'm kind of seeing everything from another viewpoint. You've done such a great job with this story! It's amazing.

I hope you can get everything off your hardrive! 11 novels! I feel for you. I was right in the middle of my first when my hardrive decided to go crazy and had to be replaced.
Rae chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
I'm just loving this. Especially the end of this chapter!3 Amazing as always!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/17/2011
! 3
M. D. Harder chapter 21 . 12/16/2011
I'm sorry you lost a whole bunch of your writing. I hope you can get it back. Thank you for posting on time in spite of all this. We all really appreciate it. You are an amazing writer and this chapter doesn't disappoint! You have a perfect balance of action, romance, plot, and character. Keep up the good work!
395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »