Reviews for Why I hate slash
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I agree with some of your points and have to say I hate when people say that incest is hot or sexy, it isn't, it's disgusting.
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
I don't know if this is hatred of what is normally considered "slash", I think it's more hatred of bad fanfiction and bad writing in general (this is so prevelant in fanfiction, I've given it up entirely). Because while I feel the same way in most of these points, I have no issue with "slash".

Defining a word differently from everyone else often leads to hatred like this, I'm afraid.
AurorA-Kojima chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I do mostly agree with you. XD

The few exceptions are...a) This one, really amazing, slash writer for Bleach. One of her stories has one of the most crackish pairings possible, but, yet, it's completely serious and amazing and even has some horror mixed in there, b) When it's well written.
AurorA-Kojima chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I do mostly agree with you. XD

Quirk'd chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
You speak as if you have seen it all.

In reference to what you are saying: you have some viably good points. Many people flock to such sites as this and its sister, intent on fulfilling many desires thought wrong. To speak of things written can earn one an unnecessary amount of hurdles to overcome.

As they write, common rules are forgotten. Basic structure is cast aside. Occasionally, the author looses touch with what a story truly is: expression. Instead, they find themselves pandering to the wants and needs of another, desperate to find some sort of recognition. The main result often being poorly thought-out plots and characters that tumble when blown upon.

However, blaming it all on a certain category undermines any point you make. There are bound to be many errors on both sides.

You come close to saying that sexuality is a personality trait, but do not. Changing such things about a person are common. Those that tear down others for merely overlooking a single sentence in a whole TV series/movie/book are being idiotic. Fanfiction in itself is fiction, so alterations are bound to be made. But if you specify that the only change you made is bed-preference, it is then open season for any other faults you may make.

I can assure you that slash is not crack. If changes to suit your needs for a story would make it an 'AU' or 'OOC' then everything ever written in fanfiction would fall under such an umbrella. As the story was not a part of the original cannon, it is definitely AU.

Such writing as displayed in the infamous 'My Immortal' is by all means not tolerated in any shipping as a whole. The reasoning behind reading such stories is mostly 'dirty', as the reader is generally looking for sexual gratification.

Reading through your essay once more, I find that you specify slash must be used in a 'cracktastic way'. You gave nothing to follow this up, so I cannot make an argument.

For all intents and purposes, I do occasionally pair a male and a male or a female and female together. I find that certain story lines require certain characters, and if romance is something I wish to cover then I will put them together.

As to your essay abilities, I noticed some mistakes. There is never an -ly to a numerical transition. Never. You writing seems to get a bit dull and heavy in the middle, and may have caused me to 'tl;dr' if not for the subject matter.

I wish to discuss the subjects of the immoral implications of pedophilia and incest, but the review is long enough as it is. I also have a few pairings that I know are not listed in the fanfiction archives.

Thank you for giving me average-quality fodder for my mental-cannon. Your disregard towards 'femmeslash' alarms me. Surely no bias, correct?

~Quirk'd
Breathewithme chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I completely agree with you. I often wish that FanFic would have a separate category for slash fiction. I am a homosexual myself but even I get called homophobic when I say slash is so annoying. It also frustrates me when a really good character say Erik Lehnsherr from X-men FC gets OOC to fit the Mary Sue of some woman and for some slash. I think to myself it's not realistic, it revolting sometimes and just poor fiction. Thank You for making this essay!
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4