Reviews for The Sun Was Just Rising
Wrong Name Tag chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Of course you're writing has changed a lot since this, but it was splendidly written (such a happy word for something not so happy) and very powerful. It didn't draw onto the pain directly, but showed it in many ways. Great piece.

~Jess
ChaoxAngel chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
There is a sun that rises in us, and it's really a sad thing to see it set in you. *Hereby offering my condolences to your father, the loss must be unbearable* I hope that there is something you would come across one day that could raise that sun of yours and give dawn to your heart.

Meanwhile my parents are still well, I thank god for them everyday, and I stay out of thinking about the "what-if one of my closest passed away", because the thought of it could set me down in whole days of horrendous mood.

~DW

PS. Your "Old" stuff are Good Stuff - I have to say that your writing is really great, added you to my favourites list. I'm trying to get my own stories, but I daren't put them online, because all but one story, IMHO, stunk... Maybe I have to learn something from you.
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Wow~ I'm speechless
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
great poem! nice imagery! i like this! no meat, cutting nails, or washing hair for 10 days? i'd die. well, nice job on this! keep writing!
AaZz chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
i like
Sun Chime chapter 1 . 12/18/2002
I really don't know what to say. The poem is not bad at all, but if I commented on it being good, somehow I would be insulting it. (Don't know why I think that) But I really do know how you feel. It's absolutely horrible to lose someone you love and admire.
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
Wow, what a good way of putting it! There's a lot of imagery in there that I really like. Trust me, we are all really happy that you took up writing again too!
Jade6 chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
This was very emotional. I am lucky when I say I have never lost anyone who was very close to me and I can only image the pain your must have felt at losing someone so special to you. I am glad you are writing again too because your work is so powerful and it inspires me.

Jade
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Wonderful free verse poem. I've never lost a parent, but I have seen people I've been close die, so I know the feeling of wanting to scream when everything in the world is so stubbornly ordinary and you feel like you'll never be the same. It feels like the sun should split, or the moon should crash land in your back yard. You know, something intense enough to match the feeling, so that the whole world would know your emptiness. Anyway, good job. The details are what really make this work.
Morbane chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
V. sad. Effectively sad, realistically sad. I'm glad you are now able to write.
Dawn I. Cambridge chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
wow... I'm so sorry... I hope everything's okay now... We all hve problems (some more than others) ... if you ever want to talk about it, we can always share our problems and work things out... I don't know you that well but i'm here for you if you need it. :)
weelilwolf chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
woah. sorry about your loss. great emotion, although freeverse isn't my favorite form of poetry. keep writing, glad u still do.

weelilwolf
Girl With Hat chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Aww... *weep* So sad!
Val Mora chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
I'm so sorry... I know it doesn't erase what's happened, but...how did your father die?

This is really depressing, as it should be, and that last line just makes you fall in love with it. Amazing.
Glacial Phoenix Mystiara chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
it's good that you've finally gotten your inspiration going...sometimes depression gives you inspiration but this kind is...urgh. anyway great poem...really sad...almost cried.

P.S. regarding your poem A Writer's Life, i forgot to mention that yes, the writer's life may be hard...but it's a life i can't live without. ;; ...and that a writer's life is a life open to the imaginations, mysteries and fantasies of the world around us.