Reviews for Condemning Us to Help
Kagerato chapter 21 . 10/29
There aren't any easy words to describe this one. To think that any substantive element of this story has truthful basis is downright frightening. Yet I'm well past the point of ignorant naivety at thinking this type of viciously abusive and criminal conduct doesn't happen every day, even in our supposedly "enlightened" countries...

Purely for accuracy, this would fit better in the Crime, Horror, Hurt, and Tragedy (sub)genres. Marking it as Drama/Angst is just not doing it justice. I would also recommend changing the rating to mature ... I've read quite a number of adult-mindset stories and novels, and many of them pale in comparison to the fierce gut-punch this delivers.

One of the chapters seems to be missing, by the way. The chapters marked in the list as 1-6 are all one index behind (0-5), and then chapter 7 in the list is actually chapter 7. Six itself never appears, but a key event in six is mentioned at least twice later, making it clear that there is some text missing.

In any case, it was a very impactful and disturbing read, well-written and difficult to forget. Caution is advised around this type of literature for anyone who might be in a bad or unstable state of mind, and especially to those who have suffered violence and mental abuse.
TBman chapter 21 . 4/11
If you ask me, Fallyn was waaay too easy on her folks. Anyone who sends their kids to one of these hellholes does not deserve to be called a parent.
EpicOnAStick chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Oh God, I stayed up all night reading some of your stories. Read more today. And this one really haunted me. I could see it happening. You did such a good job of showing how she turned from a badass to a coward. In your mind, what happened to the girls afterward? How did they react? Will you ever write a sequel? Either way, please keep writing! I hope that one day you get published, because I love your work. Best of luck!
BrokenSoulsOfLife chapter 21 . 2/8/2013
I'm literally in tears...I'm speechless...This was, no, IS the most heart-wrenching story I've ever read but even though is was so sad you managed to capture every detail and topic perfectly, it made me feel like I was actually there. Spectacular job. *time to grab a box of tissues*
Nicholleyla chapter 21 . 10/27/2012
Absolutely amazing. I am in tears right now; you are the only Fictionpress author to ever manage that. Thank you for writing this.
Raining Sparks chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
It's such a good story. But it's so tragic and sad. The way you wrote it was absolutely amazing, giving it so much emotion. Your characters are well thought-out and interesting. Poor Claudia, poor Athena, poor Fallyn, poor Jessa, poor everyone. It's a heart wrenching story but unfortunately, very believable. Good job with your facts and research. I really like your writing so keep it up!

Musicwords chapter 21 . 9/5/2011
You NEED to send this somewhere to be published- its amazing! Even before it was finished I swear i checked my email five times a day looking for updates- the reason im just commenting on this now is that I was on vacation and had just started chapter 19 when i had to leave- great story
cazyshell chapter 21 . 8/29/2011
I never saw this ending happing I am currently looking for the book you base this one. It's a very good and detial story it's good you didn't leave the detial as then I do not think I would be so emotial attach to the charters. Your very good I look forward to reading more off your stories.

cazyshell chapter 12 . 8/24/2011
This story is fantasic I want to find the book to see where this came from I do hope you finish the story as I want to know what happen next.

Sorry about the spelling I'm dysleix
Musicwords chapter 9 . 8/23/2011
KEEP GOING! lol- the suspense is killing me!
Musicwords chapter 7 . 8/21/2011
You should definitely keep going on the story- so far, it's really good. I started at the beginning and couldn't stop reading. So great job so far :)