Reviews for Test: The Saqr Chronicles
Artume chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
This is the second time I'm reading this, I got chills both times, I teared up both times. This has to be the most beautiful thing I've read, ever.
Artume chapter 6 . 10/13/2011
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

What an amazing chapter. What a rollercoaster of emotions. WOW.
rollinby chapter 7 . 9/12/2011
the chapters about and adam and jess are the most powerful chapters you have written... the emotions where so strong i could feel them emanating from my computer screen. absolutely beautiful! and its amazing to see adam from the eyes of other people :)
fzb chapter 7 . 9/10/2011
alryt it seems rather appropriate that when i come back to commenting it is on jess chapter.I enjoyed this one esp the bond btn the girls and yay! i vote for it being extended to their breastfeeding thing tho', i think it will wipe out anyone breastfeeding 2 babies that is. maybe lils should do it until ellie is better and then jesse can over.

The whole jesse not having her usual confidence was shocking at first but then after i continued reading i realised that its jst that 'adjusting to a new situation' phase where you doubt if u have what it takes to deal with it but then u realise yeah i can do she got it back, phew! and what this i hear abt a part 3? :)
whileiatemycarrot chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
OH MY GOD IMMA DIE THEY HAD THEIR BABY. ARZAQ WHAT A PRETTY NAME OMGGGGGGGGG.

Allah, Khalila is so strong! And Adam. ADAMMMMMM. WOULD FAINTING BE AN APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO THIS CHAPTER OR WHUTTTT. :D

"Arzaq, no matter what happens, I want you to grow up knowing that Allah is great," I whisper, praying that should the worst become reality I can guarantee a healthy minded baby the same way Lee did all she could to guarantee a healthy bodied one. "No matter what happens today or any day in your future, remember, Allah is great."

Arzaq lets out a loud gurgle. She settles in my arm and falls asleep quickly, like she knows something I don't.

Oh yesh, fainting. :D

Write more. AND THAT'S AN ORDER. :DDDD
whileiatemycarrot chapter 5 . 9/7/2011
I look and see a table of girls staring before turning away quickly and falling into fits of giggles.

Hell, yeah! I'd forgotten how drop dead gorgeous I am.

Haaaaaahahahahahaha! Seeing Ahmed's episode of cute arrogance is so refreshing after Karim's intense chapter. And the two good-looking brothers conversing while the girls look on - SO imaginable. :D

I would call him out on it but he'll probably say something like 'as we grow our relationship with our physical being grows' instead of just admitting he has overactive hormones like the rest of us.

It makes me happy how well they all know each other. Why can't all boys be like that? *sighs* :(
whileiatemycarrot chapter 4 . 9/7/2011
Ahhh, Karim, my favourite Saqr boy! What can I say about this chapter... I just love it! Love, love, love. The KarimLeelo fluff makes me smile so hard, I'm afraid I might end up cracking my face. Really. :)
whileiatemycarrot chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
Aahhh, Nancy is so sweet and innocent! :) Even though a lot of her Arabic Aunties wouldn't say so because - gasp - she. hugged. a. man. in. public! - wide eyes -, but it's true. It's a really innocent act. It is. I just can't explain it. It makes her seem a lot more INNOCENT to me than, say... something else. I dunno. Pahh.

Darn ffnet reviews for not allowing italics. Aaah.
whileiatemycarrot chapter 2 . 9/7/2011
Oh, how I wish MY younger brother saw me in the same light as Jalal does his sister. Aaah, wishful thinking. But then AGAIN, Khalila Saqr is something else. When I read Steps to Paradise and Scarfy, I always used to think of Jalal as a little TOO smart for his age - even though he's supposed to be, and he IS - but seeing his thought process, you really get to see that he is, in fact, really smart, but also a child. You know? And his smartness seems so much realistic now, so much more believable. Kind of makes you accept that there really do exist smart kids even if you were not one. Sorry, self. Harsh realities. Ahh.

Buaaah, I don't make much sense, do I? Um. Sorry. :D
whileiatemycarrot chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
It kills me to see your work not getting enough response - and I fear I don't have much right to say this, seeing as I myself have not reviewed before, but hey, I always intended to and that counts, right? *headdesk sob* - because it's awesome. Seriously! It's amazing to see some important thought/lesson underlining every sentence, every dialog and it just leaves you thinking, 'oh my god, how does she DO it? :O'

Sami is such a fun character! And I LOOOOVE Khalila's retort. :D All in all, kudos on the chapter.

- momo

PS: So sorry for not reviewing earlier :( I'm so verrrry lazy, but today I thought: "No, I WILL do this. And I will do this NOW, rest be darned." So yeah. :)
Aderyn Azula chapter 6 . 9/6/2011
Hi again :)

I was rereading this chapter and was again struck by how intense it was. While there is a lot of drama (in a good way), I think that the end is so very touching ans sweet. Adam seems like such a good guy, and this shows it off even more, because he is so concerned, but hopeful.

I also like the order in which you're posting these oneshots, they go from tons of action, to more thoughtful and back again. It's nice pacing when you're reading through them all in a row.

Are you writing any more? (I think you've posted all the ones that I've beta'ed).
Aderyn Azula chapter 5 . 9/6/2011
Hi!

I just wanted to say that I really like the ending you put on this oneshot It's a nice addition and, I think, very unifying. It does cement the message you're going for, and at the same time, reaffirms and Ahmed is still a kid and that he hasn't -really- lost that semi-self-centered-confidence. Good job there!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
Are u a Muslim?
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Love your stories very much n this little pov thing is very interesting that I can never wait for the next chapter to come out!
SylvesterTheCat chapter 3 . 8/16/2011
Please do send Jalal my aplogies, I have been very busy with Ramadan. :P

Oh, and RAMADAN KAREEM!

I'm glad Nancy's life is turning around. Ibrahim and Adam are two Muslim males I would love in my life. They seem very balanced and insightful. Jalal's relationship with his dad is the COOLEST!

It's so sweet and pure, as is Ibrahim and Nancy's relationship (obviously in a romantic sense).

The fact that their is always a lesson in this series always puts a smile to my face.