Reviews for Strangers
Not Pablo chapter 9 . 9/26/2011
At this point two things are certain, you are an amazing writer, and I'm not getting a wink of sleep tonight
Not Pablo chapter 9 . 9/26/2011
Not Pablo chapter 3 . 9/26/2011
But... Is Melanie okay?
Not Pablo chapter 2 . 9/26/2011
I love it thus far
Not Pablo chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Your epicosity is rather epic
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
Haha, I love how you open this chapter with Addie's very confident voice. The fact she can control this guy so effortlessly tells me a lot about her character, and I gotta hand it to her for playing him so well. He really is wrapped around her finger, it's pretty adorable. And the description you give of his eyes going huge near the beginning, how they take up his entire face, had me thinking to myself "Dawwww, that's so adorable." I have to agree with Addie when she says shy guys are so cute. They are... they really, really are.

And then poor Matty, all nervous and freaking out. Haha, it really brings me back to the days when my heart would flutter and spams in the presence of a crush. I can relate with how he becomes all clumsy while trying to please her... and I loved how the spaceship pajamas suddenly became his favorite pajamas the moment he saw Addie smile when seeing them. You do a great job with showing us his anxiety and his obsession through his mannerisms and dialogue.

I also really enjoyed how you ended the chapter, with that little "Matty and Addie, sleeping in a tent." I think it reflects their age range, and how at that age people are very sensitive about what others think about them. Very cute.

Sorry, I normally try to find at least one thing to point out and critique, but I really can't think of anything at this point. xD Great job!
disrhythmic chapter 9 . 8/16/2011
Beautiful ending. :D I love it - it's just a perfect way to wrap everything up.
disrhythmic chapter 8 . 8/15/2011
Aw, poor Matty.

"Kissing him was the cruelest thing I ever did." I love that line. It's perfect. :)
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I think your narrator has a very convincing voice - it's something I can definitely see a kid his age having, and I think it makes it all the more convincing. Matt really pulled me into the narrative, reminding me what it feels like to be his age again. I thought his reaction to walking through the rainstorm was amusing, especially his sarcasm in regards to it. I also enjoy sarcasm - if you ask me, it's the best type of humor. His mom's statement about him being trash like an apple core was great - it shows the type of life he has at home... and his siblings drooling gave me very disturbed images, haha.

I also enjoy how Addie may be 'round', but she gets flirted with so often by all the other boys in school. It's great to see someone with an interesting personality getting attention as opposed to it being the other way around. Also, I noticed you do a great job in showing the reader the main characters situation as opposed to telling it. When you mention Matty is forced to steal his backpack, it shows me he doesn't have much money, maybe even bordering on poverty. I also enjoyed how you keep bringing up Addie's dimples, because I have to admit I've also always been a sucker for dimples.

The ending was great! Kinda a little cliff hanger there, because I'm wondering if Matty is going to offer to run away with her. It makes me want to keep reading, so good job with that.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for the great read. :)
disrhythmic chapter 7 . 8/14/2011
Dun dun! :D I love how nervous Matty is. I can relate... -.- Really nice.
disrhythmic chapter 6 . 8/12/2011
I really love the way they get wrapped up in the mural. I can relate. :) I also like how Addie and Matty's relationship is morphing... the way she's starting to like him even though she tries really hard not to care. Keep it up!
disrhythmic chapter 5 . 8/12/2011
"She's so close I can breathe her in; she smells like yesterday's rain..."

I loved that line. Really great description. :)
disrhythmic chapter 4 . 8/10/2011
I love the imagery here. :)
disrhythmic chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
Ooh, interesting... Addie has some secrets, it seems. Matty's a really sweet character; very lovable. :) I like it.
disrhythmic chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I really like your characters, especially Matty's sarcasm. I like your style and your descriptions, as well... definitely subscribing. :)