Reviews for September 11
livingspiritz1 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
marching band geek 2010 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Oh my gosh! *glomps little girl*
Design Rueger chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
More epicness... but sad.
Watch us March chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I decided to read this story of yours, among your others, because I can connect with this one also. I come from a religion that isn't widely accepted at all. I also have a close friend who Is Iranian. He gets a lot of grief from other, less intelligent peers...And that just doesn't even make sense at all.
hanging on ariadne's thread chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
this is so beautifully tragic and well-written; and I'm sorry you - and many others - had to grow up with this.

You said on your profile that you are strong for fasting.

I think you are even more strong for handling this for most of your life.
Cocoa chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Masha Allah
Isma chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I loved it so much. I'm Muslim too, and to be honest, I never really knew what 9/11 really was about until that guy tried or really did burn those Qurans. I was in fifth grade. That same year I started wearing hijab and got harassed so many times. I liked how you put it, secret vctims of 9/11. Very clever. We should show this to the president of the United States one day. Again, hats off to you for an excellent job!
tangledwebweweave chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
favorite lines: She knows that something's wrong, though, when some other kids knock her flag out of her hands./ Maybe it has something to do with the fact that because she's a Muslim, she's not supposed to hit back.

i'm sorry you have to deal with this. i kinda know how you feel, but not to this extent. i'm chinese/filipino/native american but just look white. (something's wrong with me) and i get called derogatory names around here. especially around the virginia tech shooting (he was asian). i'm sorry you have to live with this. i treat everyone equally and i think that everyone should do the same. but such is life.

good job.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
very well done. I liked hearing it from an american muslims perspective. I also liked how you went through the years. It would be nice to add on to this later. I was your age when 9/11 happened so let's see if this is all going on ten years from now. Write a continuance of it.
Speed of Sound chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
This world is unfair. You should not be subjected to such torment like that. Just because of the things you wear or their beliefs. I am truly sorry that has happened to you. I hate when people are racist, it makes me sick. Beautiful poem, very big eye opener. I would defend anybody if they were ridiculed by how they dress or their religion. You are a talented writer that can get a message across. This poem could change lives.
Naylene chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Wow, this is a real eye opener for me... I mean, I know about the towers being attacked and it was a shock, but I honestly didn't think the children was being judged, or anyone else for that matter. That is just very unnecessary and hypocritical.
ForeverBehindTheImpression chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she was born and raised in New England and they're just afraid to admit it, because they still want a scapegoat." I liked that reason the most, the prior ones became a little repetitive, to me.

While reading this, I thought that you were judging the rest of America - and the world - too harshly, being rather biased, but by the end I came to see the reason for this, and it was very effective, and I believe this:

"But I'll bet you anything that they rarely think of the other victims of 9/11 - the little Muslim children who had no hand in the work, but were forced to grow up bearing that label of that hate.

Think about it."

Is what made the piece effective. Ultimately, though, it's human nature. We're always wanting on a minority to hate. It doesn't make it right, and I certainly don't agree with it, but it's realism.

Thank you for writing this, it was a thoughtful read, and I liked the use of repetition, it made the ending, that lacked it, especially effective.
robert blanford chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
nice way to put that honestly. Even though i am american i thought for a few years that we attacked our own people but then i found out that the towers were not attacked just that one time. Two times before was it aimed to be attacked. I believe this story needs to go out to someone to publish into a poem for schools around the world. See what you can do and Good Luck!