Reviews for Ataenia
John chapter 6 . 8/2/2003
Awesome awesome awesome :-)

Yeah, yeah, the little instructions say well rounded critique. Bah! Awesome awesome awesome :-)

I guess if there's one problem I do have, it's that Greek is easy to recognize just because of the characters... so that it should not have been so surprising that "Kevin" knew the language...

but I digress: awesome awesome awesome :-)
Twilight Moon chapter 1 . 7/31/2002
I finally took my print-out of this up and began to read it. I couldn't put it down. It was wonderful! Love your work, babe! Keep it up!
angelic01 chapter 4 . 4/26/2002
Cool. The translation bit is really well written and makes the rest of the story make more sense. Well done.
Josephine Sawyer chapter 5 . 4/25/2002
Ack! Angelic01, thanks for the catch! A revised version with that part added back in will be up soon... .
angelic01 chapter 6 . 4/25/2002
Thank you for reviewing my story and in return I headed over here - and boy am I glad I did. This is great! Your writing teqnique(Sp?) is amazing and the plot of this particular story is really interesting. Just one question, though. At the beginning of ch.5 you mention about her having the translation of the note but I couldn't find any mention of the translation being given. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Great story, though.
Anon chapter 6 . 2/9/2002
Ah it all makes sense now, and I have reached the end of your literary rope it seems. Just when I had really gotten attached to your writing too ;) You are definitely, if you will excuse the Aladdinesque expression, a diamond in the rough. After reading some of the mindless drivel this site has to offer, your writing is a sight for sore eyes. I'm sure there are more stories in that imagination of yours, I'll just have to wait for them.
Anon chapter 5 . 2/3/2002
This is confusing me now, the worlds are merging and that's cool, but I want a part the sixth! I liked the different perspectives for the chapters, and the Kevin character is freakin me out. You've hooked me on your writing, and you should definitely finish this story!
Em chapter 4 . 7/24/2001
I'm still hooked. You write well and i can tell that its going to be a great story. Keep up the good work.
Em chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
Normally i wait till the end to review, but at this point my opinion of your writing ability is very high. I am completly engrossed and although you have given me alot of information i dont have enough so want to know more. :)
Starshield Writers Group chapter 3 . 7/23/2001
Nice. A quest story. I like the way you're weaving back forth betwen the dreamworld and the real - (or maybe one is really the other?) Okay, Josephine, You've got my attention, so I hope you finish this epic. Keep up the good work.

Starshield Writers Group chapter 2 . 7/23/2001
Okay, I get it now. The e POV style writing was because of Amina's dream. Very cleaver. Forgive me for doubting you. The only thing that I would suggest is to give a little more description as to the time (present- past- future) and place for Amina's class/school - USA, England, city, suburbs, private, public or catholic school - that sort of thing. The mystery deepens, so one to the next chapter.

Starshield Writers Group chapter 1 . 7/23/2001
Josephine, Welcome to Fanfiction! Cool story. They only thing that confused me was how you were telling it in the beginning. A 2nd person POV done in the past tense can be a little odd - at least to me. Generally this writing technique is reserved for a motion picture script format when describing what you - the viewer/reader can see through the camera's lens. In your second paragraph where you describe 'people' starting to appear, I took them to be Faeries and Elves, since you didn't say the 'people' were humans. this threw me off. You use this phrase a few times - which are creatures, who do not enjoy human company - but I don't think you need the comma after the word 'creatures'. Also write out numbers as words rather than use numeric characters - a village girl just 16 - should be - a village girl just sixteen. Well, you've got me interested, so I'm on to the next chapter.