Reviews for Praying The Chromosomes Like Rosary Beads
BangxDitto chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Is this a positive poem I sense? x)
But what good is positivity if you can't
throw in a little sarcasm?
Beautiful as always-my favorite line
is the title line.
RandomUser674 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
This is beautiful! So many wonderful phrases. You've really got a gift!
Insanity Streak chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I really admire the way you combined science and religion into a poem to create harmony between two clashing forces. I have to admit that I did have to look a few of the words up, yet that doesn't stop this poem from being beautiful. I also want to say the concept of this piece was fabulous and the way you described it, particularly in the last stanza, was just as fantastic too. "But now I no longer feel like praying the chromosomes like rosary beads,instead I acknowledge that each gene should be loved unvaryingly" - That has to be the best part of the poem, in my opinion. Bravo.
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Hmm...interesting, Anna, interesting. To embrace who you are is important. Excellent work!
nickyO chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
There's something about acknowledging the past and then letting go in this poem that I like a great deal. Am I right in thinking that there is also something about letting go of someone else's past that keeps trying to control your now?

Keep writing Anna your a fav of mine with your novel and enlightening comparisons.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
If I understand this correctly, it is the most astonishing and beautiful exposure of the apprehension of conception that I've ever encountered. Even if I'm wrong, it is still astonishingly beautiful.