Reviews for This Is Home
CorkyBookworm1 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I liked this poem a lot. I really liked the length. If it had been any longer, I don't think it would have been quite right. You are truly animated in your use of imagery, are you not? I like that. I really like that. This was a poem that sort of breathed in and then disapated (sp?) into the indiferent wind. It has a playful and almost teasing atmosphere to it. I really liked it. It was really, very good. Wonderful! Thankyou for sharing.
Anonymity'sProtege chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I absolutely love it! :-D
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I won't lie by saying I understand completely what you're trying to say here. I don't. But this bit makes me think of someone who is staying at... don't know... maybe a motel... (since there are curtains there, which also make me think of the end of a play, or maybe just the first act) somewhere close to an ocean. I like the comparison of washed away footprints to the cleaning of the slate, or the end of the day, with the next day bringing new events. Nice poem.
Natalie Field chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I like this. _ Short, simple, sweet. And though provoking. Wonderful job!

Keep it up!

Natalie
SwimmingTrhoughExistance chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
sorry, too lazy to login, but i'm gonna fav this later

i liked the rythm, though the third line was a bit too long

i liked the crispness of the piece, and the weight of the seemingle light words

good job!
Tinkywinky2155 chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
It's rather good. A house settling down for the night. The pov is from an abuse sufferer, realizing how this house is only home until the abuser lashes out again. The abuse is probably verbal, but most likely not sexual.
Lucky1713 chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Of course I'll read it!

I like it, but, just my personal opinion, the third line is a little too long.

I really do like it though.
Hania chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Short, but again I liked the wording a lot! ) Description seems to be your fancy hahaha xDDD Keep up the good work!

Sincerely, H
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
You make each day seem fresh like everything before it has just fallen off earth!

I feel comfy but then you pull the rug from underneath me cause you say for a while this is home and I'm like huh! Where is the real home?

Very nice and clever
Dark Blue Lover chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Pretty atmosphere, really relatable! I like it :-)

Keep writing!
The Moon Howls At The Wolf chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
great poem

totally can picture like a qauint beach cabin with a small family of one going on with there daily life

LOVE THIS LINE:

"the waves wash away the footprints of the day"

love how it rhymes

love how symbolic it is

love how it flows

and love how true it is, both physically and metaphorically

keep writing!
fairypen chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I...I simply love it..no more words.

Please keep up writing poems, this was short and amazing and had nice music in it.

-so much for no more words -_- -